Windows 10: Some Microsoft Updates won't install because we have Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security

Discus and support Some Microsoft Updates won't install because we have Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We use Trend Micro Security Essentials in our organization where we have 60 PC's. I have run into updates, the latest is an update : Feature update to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tom O'Connor tom, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Some Microsoft Updates won't install because we have Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security

We use Trend Micro Security Essentials in our organization where we have 60 PC's. I have run into updates, the latest is an update : Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004 , does not update unless Trend Micro is uninstalled! Is there a work around for this? Can it simply be turned off ?Having to Uninstall Trend to install an Update seems ridiculous, but that's just me. Any insight would be helpful.

:)

Tom O'Connor tom, Jun 23, 2020

2. undetectable Trend Micro Internet Security 2008

Hello, I am trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I performed the quick check, and it stated that everything was compatible except I needed to uninstall Trend Micro Internet Security 2008, as it wasn't compatible with the upgrade. I've exhausted
    every option on Trend Micro's website to complete and uninstall, to no avail. It cannot be found. There is no listing of Trend Micro on my computer, whatsoever, and after installing their uninstall tool, and completing all instructions, restarting, etc.,
    Windows 10 cannot complete the upgrade.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as I'm stumped.

Sandra Marino, Jun 23, 2020
  3. frog66TC Win User
    Microsoft Security vs Trend Micro

Can someone tell me if it is necessary to use another security program ie. Trend Micro if a new computer comes with Microsoft Security?

frog66TC, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Some Microsoft Updates won't install because we have Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security

windows 10 upgrade fail - need to uninstall Trend Micro Internet Security 2008

I am attempting a Windows 10 update, version 1709 and at about 25% update, it says Trend Micro Internet Security 2009 and Trend Micro Internet Security 2008 needs to be uninstalled. Trend Micro does not appear on my list of programs to uninstall. I downloaded
    and ran the Trend Micro Uninstall Tool but that did not work either. I still have the same message and can't update Windows.

Patrick Conner, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Some Microsoft Updates won't install because we have Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security

1. Some Microsoft Updates won't install because we have Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security - Similar Threads - Microsoft Updates won't

2. We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. We will try installing...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. We will try installing...: Ok, this is more of a suggestion to Microsoft to seriously think about implementing for Windows Update. I have 2 updates downloading as I write this, Windows 10 Insider Preview 20251.1 fe_release, which is currently downloading and stands at 2% downloaded. Security...
  3. Trend Micro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trend Micro: So I have a laptop I'm using right now, and i recently just got Trend Micro, but this thing SUCKS. Now I thought don't judge a book by it's cover. BUT THIS THING TAKES UP OVER 330,000 KB. Not only that, it comes with 4 others. So at the start I had 4 GB left but now I barely...
  4. Trend Micro Blocking Powershell

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trend Micro Blocking Powershell: I have trend Micro installed . I am getting this message. Should I unblock it so that it would install? [ATTACH] [Original Title: Powershell] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trend-micro-blocking-powershell/3918a820-cfd3-492f-b753-840da82ef030
  5. Uninstall Trend Micro OfficeScan?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall Trend Micro OfficeScan?: I am installing Windows 10 because I want to upgrade from Windows 7. But the installation has stopped due to Trend Micro Office Scan. The setup says I cannot install Windows if I don’t uninstall this program that is not compatible with Windows 10. But I don’t remember the...
  6. Microsoft Security vs Trend Micro

Microsoft Security vs Trend Micro: Can someone tell me if it is necessary to use another security program ie. Trend Micro if a new computer comes with Microsoft Security? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-security-vs-trend-micro/feac656c-c6e5-4fca-8361-d7c703cb194a"
  7. Trend Micro installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trend Micro installation: Trend micro says its been installed, however I can't locate it on my laptop ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trend-micro-installation/76483158-09f8-4583-a9ab-05e9c59df522
  8. Trend Micro only

Trend Micro only: recently did a clean install of W10. A whole new experience. Advice from a "knowledgable" was to leave all the AVs etc out and get the paid version of Trend Micro which would give me complete cover. I think I should have Ccleaner & Malwarebytes though. Any thoughts on this?...
  9. Trend Micro...

Trend Micro...: Think I'm going to give Trend Micro a try is it a good buy as I've never used it before it does look good and they say it works on all my devices which is great news. 8635
  10. Can't update because of Trend Micro but it isn't on my computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't update because of Trend Micro but it isn't on my computer: I have been unable to update Windows 10 since early December, 2017. I get a message saying that Trend Micro is incompatible with the update and I must remove it before proceeding, but Trend Micro is not on my computer, nor have I ever installed it on any of my computers. How...