Windows 10: Some Monitors do not resume display after display power off timeout time

Discus and support Some Monitors do not resume display after display power off timeout time in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, We are getting this issue from our customers- Monitors: IBM TFT LCD T117 AOC 931Sn BENQ GL2250-T Server systems CPU Skylake/Caskadelake... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ShantanuKar, May 13, 2020.

1. Some Monitors do not resume display after display power off timeout time

Hi,

We are getting this issue from our customers-

Monitors:

IBM TFT LCD T117

AOC 931Sn

BENQ GL2250-T

Server systems

CPU Skylake/Caskadelake

Matrox vga display onboard

Windows: Server 2019 version 1809 OS build 17763.107

Resolution: 1024x768, 1440x900, 1920x1080

Windows: Server 2016, 2012, 2008 or any Linux distribution works fine

Steps:

1 Fresh install Windows: Server 2019 version 1809 OS build 17763.107
    2 Install Matrox vga display driver latest one and reboot the server
    3 Windows booted and go to device manager and check the display driver loaded
    4 Set display resolution 1024x768
    5 Turn off the monitor and turn on
    6 Monitor displays properly
    7 Start > Settings > System > Power & sleep When plugged in, turn off after 10min default
    8 This value can be changed to 1 or 2mins.
    9 Keep the system idle for more than the timeout value 1 min 2 min or default 10min
    10 Now display goes to blank state and LED of the monitor is amber
    11 Now press any key or move the mouse
    12 LED of the monitor becomes green but LCD remains blank
    13 Power off the monitor and power on, display does not come
    14 Display in BMC KVM works fine all the time
    15 From KVM change the Resolution to 800x600.
    16 Monitor resumes the display

We have used same steps with Windows 2016 and Windows 2012. The issue does not happen there. This issue does not depend on servers or desktops but it follows with these monitors and OS Windows 2019.

Please help and suggest.

-Thanks

:)

ShantanuKar, May 13, 2020

2. Display

Hi,

To increase the display timeout, I suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Select Desktop and click Personalization.
    • Select Lock Screen, then Click on Screen time out settings.
    • Change the required time in the drop down under Screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Renaldo cru, May 13, 2020
  3. Changing Display Settings - reversion timeout

Here's the timeout I need assistance in changing - the "monitor" piece isn't totally relevant other than it's long delay in switching modes.

1. Work PC is HDMI, Home PC is DisplayPort.

2. Source button on monitor - is a capacitive switch.

To trigger the timeout value:

1. right click on desktop

2. Display settings

3. Choose monitor

4. Choose "Extend desktop to this monitor"

5. Timeout is then displayed on monitor (15 seconds)

6. I press capacitive button 2x to get back to DisplayPort mode

The issue I have is that the timeout will then be displayed on the monitor that is not ready yet to receive signal and takes about 10 seconds to fully "wake up". I don't get a long time to be able to press "Keep Changes" - and sometimes the display reverts
    back to single monitor mode before I'm ready.

Matthew LaComb, May 13, 2020
  4. Swapna S Win User

Some Monitors do not resume display after display power off timeout time

Power up Display is OFF

Hi Linda,

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing with Power up display of Windows 10.

Before proceeding further, I suggest you to provide the detailed description of the issue, so that we will be able to assist you in better way.

• What is make and model of your computer?

• Is your computer up to date?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to try the below method and check if it helps.

Please follow below mentioned methods to fix the issue:

Method 1: Create a new power plan.

I suggest you to create a new power plan and check if there is any issues with the current power plan which you are using at present in your system. Follow the below steps sequentially.

• Press Windows key + R, type
      powercfg.cpl in the box and press Enter.

• Select current power pan and click on
      Choose when to turn off the display on the left pane.

• Select your favorite time to display the screen and click on
      Save changes.

• If that does not help, Click on the
      Advanced power plan settings and click on Display on the Window pop up. Expand
      Turn off display after and set as Never.
    Method 2: Update Display adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X and click on “Device Manager”.

• Expand “Display Adaptor”.

• Right click on the driver device and select
      update.

• Once update is done, restart the computer.
    Also you can download the latest updated display driver from the computer manufacturer website.

Please get back to us, if you are still facing issue
    with Power up display of Windows 10.

Thank you.

Swapna S, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Some Monitors do not resume display after display power off timeout time

1. Some Monitors do not resume display after display power off timeout time - Similar Threads - Monitors resume display

2. Monitor turns off and on with no display after upgrade.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor turns off and on with no display after upgrade.: Computer case - Focus G MiniMonitor - Optix G24C4 CPU - Intel Core i7-12700KFCPU Fan - Artic Alpine 17Storage- Silicon Power Ace A55 M.2Power Supply - Antec Gold 500wGraphics Card - AMD Radeon RX 6600 XTMotherboard - MSI MAG B660M MortarMemory Modules - XPG DDR4 8gb x 2I...
  3. Monitor turns off and on with no display after upgrade.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor turns off and on with no display after upgrade.: Computer case - Focus G MiniMonitor - Optix G24C4 CPU - Intel Core i7-12700KFCPU Fan - Artic Alpine 17Storage- Silicon Power Ace A55 M.2Power Supply - Antec Gold 500wGraphics Card - AMD Radeon RX 6600 XTMotherboard - MSI MAG B660M MortarMemory Modules - XPG DDR4 8gb x 2I...
  4. Monitor turns off and on with no display after upgrade.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Display Blacks out after some time

Display Blacks out after some time: I have a GTX 1060. Used to work fine. I switched my PC on to do some work, did some Word/Excel/Zoom for 3 hours and decided to play GTA. Played for approx 1 Hour with no issues, then closed the game and went to do some work for 5 minutes. When I returned I saw the fans of the...
  6. Display powering off for no reason

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display powering off for no reason: I encountered an issue that (so far) only seems to be happening with BlueStacks (an emulation program for android). It happened twice in the last two days. Once, I left the game on, went back after 20 min and the monitor was powered off (no signal detected) even though the...
  7. Display not working after resuming from a "screen off" state.

Display not working after resuming from a "screen off" state.: I recently upgraded hardware motherboard, CPU, RAM, M.2 SSD and video card also keeping the old drives - 2 SSDs and a spinning 2TB and started with a fresh install of Win 10 Pro on the 1TB M.2 SSD. I installed manufacturers drivers for all components and updated the BIOS....
  8. Display show no signal after some time

Display show no signal after some time: display is going off after some time of booting and that time kept decreasinglike when first time i am playing csgo game for about 2 hrs then display goes off in middle keeping sound and game on and i thought it is due to overheating, next day when i booted my pc it worked...
  9. Windows 2019: Some Monitors do not resume display after display power off timeout time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 2019: Some Monitors do not resume display after display power off timeout time: Hi, We are getting this issue from our customers- Monitors: IBM TFT LCD T117 AOC 931Sn BENQ GL2250-T Server systems CPU Skylake/Caskadelake Matrox vga display onboard Windows: Server 2019 version 1809 OS build 17763.107 Resolution: 1024x768, 1440x900, 1920x1080...
  10. Tablet PC display off timeout -> display deep sleep?

in Windows 10 Support
    Tablet PC display off timeout -> display deep sleep?: I have a Samsung Galaxy TabPro S and there is a very annoying problem to do with the display where after it times out, the display will not immediately wake up. Windows isn't in a sleep state as my music still plays in the background while the display is off. I have also...