Windows 10: Some more feedback needed on Diskpart

Discus and support Some more feedback needed on Diskpart in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I've recently done a clean Windows 10 installation using a Media Creation Tool created flash drive. I always look afterwards in Disk Management... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sportsfan148, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Some more feedback needed on Diskpart

Hi all, I've recently done a clean Windows 10 installation using a Media Creation Tool created flash drive. I always look afterwards in Disk Management or Diskpart to see if the partitions are set up correctly. My clean installation method is always the same I delete all partitions first and then let Windows set up the partitions it requires.
    This is how my hard disk always looks in Diskpart when i Select Disk 0 and type Detail Disk.
    Volume 1 Recovery NTFS Partition 450mb Healthy
    Volume 2 C NTFS Partition 930GB Healthy Boot
    Volume 3 FAT32 Partition 100MB Healthy System
    If I select Volume 1 and type Detail Partition I get
    Partition 1
    Type
    hidden
    required
    attrib
    offset in bytes
    * Volume 1 Recovery NTFS Partition 450Mb Healthy
    Everything seems perfect so far

However, if I do it another way and instead firstly I type list partition and Select Partition 1, then Detail Partition I see this
    Partition 1
    Type
    hidden
    required
    attrib
    offset in bytes
    * Volume 4 Recovery NTFS Partition 450Mb Healthy Hidden

Does anyone know why the Volume in Partition 1 changes from Volume 1 in the first method to being shown as a Hidden Volume 4 when I select the Partition first in the second method.
    I wondered if other users are seeing the same on their systems if they have done a clean Windows setup allowing Windows to set up the partitions as required as I did. It may show differently if you have set up your own partitions...I don't know. I stumbled across this by accident and Im wondering if this is normal behaviour?

:)

sportsfan148, Aug 14, 2018

2. Windows 10 Feedback Broken

Hi,

To isolate your concern, we'll need the following information:

• What's the exact error message are you getting?
    • Are you logged in as an administrator?
    We suggest you to check privacy settings in Windows 10. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Privacy settings.
    • On the left pane, click Feedback and diagnostics.
    • Under Feedback frequency, Windows should ask for my data should be selected to
      Automatically.
    We're looking forward to your response.

Jesebel Ova, Aug 14, 2018
  3. Again - Feedback Hub 'can't open', Windows 10 build 15058

Hi,

To further troubleshoot the issue, I suggest visiting this
    link
    and make sure to cover all the troubleshooting steps listed.

Let us know how it goes.

Jericho Lap, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Some more feedback needed on Diskpart

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

Some more feedback needed on Diskpart

1. Some more feedback needed on Diskpart - Similar Threads - more feedback needed

2. DISKPART

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISKPART: Hi.If my new SSD is listed in CMD-dispart-list disk, but is not listed in BIOS Is working or not?Is listed in "diskmgmt.msc" too. I can create a new full partion in my new SSD. But is not listed in BIOS.What is happening?...
  3. DISKPART

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DISKPART: I have an external USB HD that was with read-only state. It was fully accessible on Windows Explorer and the file system NTFS recognized. I then ran DISKPART to make it readable. Attr disk/vol clear readonly The command was successful. However, the moment the command is...
  4. Need website feedback!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need website feedback!: Hi folks, I'm new to web designing. I have designed this site: https://www.recyclemyelectronics.ca/. I was unable to discover any issues. I want to get your feedback about this site and the user experience. Please share your views....
  5. This More Customer Feedback Than Anything Else....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    This More Customer Feedback Than Anything Else....: I installed Win10 update 2004 on four laptops in my home network and now all 4 of my NAS drives are not shown in Explorer under the "Networks" tree, only my computers are shown there. I've followed NUMEROUS suggestions from several user groups and Microsoft to try to get...
  6. Need a feedback for BSOD machine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need a feedback for BSOD machine: Hi We have this BSOD machine and prior to this, the user mentioned that the machine is NOT running as fast as normal or a bit slow. We ran an Event Viewer and found a lot of stuff in relation to the Brother printer so we updated the new driver and it seems the error...
  7. diskpart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    diskpart: How to format whole harddrive and then create partition of Harddrive for Window 10 installation through diskpart . Please give me full step for same https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diskpart/4658011b-557e-418e-9ba1-5aa945fda338
  8. diskpart

in Windows 10 Customization
    diskpart: I am trying to remove write protection from a CD. My diskpart does not show the disk drive, only my main hard drive disk. Any hekp would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diskpart/ac0f87d5-94cd-417d-af8b-74bc8126bfda
  9. Diskpart command info needed?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Diskpart command info needed?: Hi, I have a UEFI boot laptop (not Legacy BIOS). If I was to use Diskpart to create a Windows 10 bootable USB flash drive for UEFI only would the following commands be correct? If my understanding is correct there is no need for the "Active" command to be typed in as it isn't...
  10. Need diskpart commands

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need diskpart commands: I am going to reinstall but i forgot the typical diskpart commands that i want to do before hand on my SSD , i know clean is one of them but i forgot the others . I just have one SSD for boot and usage . Thank you 19116