Windows 10: Some MP4 Files Are Not Displaying Icons in File Explorer

Discus and support Some MP4 Files Are Not Displaying Icons in File Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've ripped several DVDs to MP4s. In Windows 10 - 64-bit file explorer, some of the icons for the MP4 files display as the movie poster and some of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JULES1955, Nov 20, 2015.

1. JULES1955 Win User

Some MP4 Files Are Not Displaying Icons in File Explorer

I've ripped several DVDs to MP4s. In Windows 10 - 64-bit file explorer, some of the icons for the MP4 files display as the movie poster and some of the icons appear as a snapshot of the 1st still (e.g. opening credits vs. movie poster). Is there a way to get all the MP4 icons to display as movie posters? Note: All movies play as expected.
    Thanks for your help.

:)

JULES1955, Nov 20, 2015

2. Some MP4 Files Are Not Displaying Icons in File Explorer

Hi Jules,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

1. Are you referring to a particular file or the folder?

2. Have you converted these files using third party converter?

3. Is the issue specific to a particular file format or you cannot see the thumbnails of all formats?

Please get back to us with a reply so that we can assist you better.

Nachappa C K, Nov 20, 2015
  3. Jules1955 Win User

Thank you for your response. See my responses to your questions in my original post. Appreciate your help.

Jules1955, Nov 20, 2015
Thema:

1. Some MP4 Files Are Not Displaying Icons in File Explorer - Similar Threads - MP4 Files Are

2. Jpeg icons in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Jpeg icons in File Explorer: What do √ and >> mean when they appear on a jpeg icon in File Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpeg-icons-in-file-explorer/f56102cb-a2c4-41e4-83e0-6b34b2fa06d5"
  3. Missing .mp4 files

Missing .mp4 files: I had a few .mp4 files and I was about to put them on a USB stick and when I went to do that they weren't in the folder I put them in but they were in my recent files section of file explorer. When I pressed it, it opened in films and tv but it said 'item missing or we can't...
  4. Explorer Thumbnails not displaying movie icon for MP4 files

Explorer Thumbnails not displaying movie icon for MP4 files: I'm using Windows 10 and have noticed for a while that a lot of my MP4 files do not display show that a file is an MP4 file in Explorer. I view the files using Thumbnails, not icons, and usually view as Large Icons or Extra Large icons. Some MP4 files clearly show that...
  5. How to display files size with File Explorer?

in Cortana
    How to display files size with File Explorer?: Can File Explore display a file size (bytes) without opening the file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-display-files-size-with-file-explorer/73380b2a-b28d-49f8-8816-eb95e2e73a14"
  6. file explorer icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    file explorer icon on taskbar: My "file explorer icon" has disappeared from my taskbar. don't know how or when. where do I find it or how do I put it back there? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/file-explorer-icon-on-taskbar/393db9be-718c-4052-92b0-e76ac3d3052c
  7. File Explorer Icons blank

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Icons blank: After reinstalling Windows 10 my Word and data file icons were blank. I found in C:\windows\SHELLNEWthat the WINWORD8.DOC icon was blank so I changed it to the correct icon and itfixed my problems! See image: 90226
  8. Where is icon for File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is icon for File Explorer?: In the far left hand column of the Start Menu I have Power, Settings and my link but no File Explorer. Where is it any thoughts please? Win 10 V. 1607) 65692
  9. Navigation pane icons are displayed badly in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation pane icons are displayed badly in file explorer: last week I upgraded to windows 10. All seems fine and works except that I have a display problem in file explorer The icons on the navigation pane (left) seem to have a white box superimposed on them. Changing an icon does not help just shows the new icon with the white box...
  10. File Explorer Icon not working

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Icon not working: When I click on the Folder on the taskbar the only thing that happens is that the desktop goes off and right back on. It works in the Start Menu just fine. When I left click and drag the icon, it just show a list of the programs that are pinned to the taskbar. 18402