Windows 10: Some MP4 Files Are Not Displaying Icons in File Explorer

Discus and support Some MP4 Files Are Not Displaying Icons in File Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've ripped several DVDs to MP4s. In Windows 10 - 64-bit file explorer, some of the icons for the MP4 files display as the movie poster and some of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JULES1955, Nov 20, 2015.

1. JULES1955 Win User

Some MP4 Files Are Not Displaying Icons in File Explorer

I've ripped several DVDs to MP4s. In Windows 10 - 64-bit file explorer, some of the icons for the MP4 files display as the movie poster and some of the icons appear as a snapshot of the 1st still (e.g. opening credits vs. movie poster). Is there a way to get all the MP4 icons to display as movie posters? Note: All movies play as expected.
    Thanks for your help.

:)

JULES1955, Nov 20, 2015

2. Some MP4 Files Are Not Displaying Icons in File Explorer

Hi Jules,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

1. Are you referring to a particular file or the folder?

2. Have you converted these files using third party converter?

3. Is the issue specific to a particular file format or you cannot see the thumbnails of all formats?

Please get back to us with a reply so that we can assist you better.

Nachappa C K, Nov 20, 2015
  3. Jules1955 Win User

Thank you for your response. See my responses to your questions in my original post. Appreciate your help.

Jules1955, Nov 20, 2015
Thema:

1. Some MP4 Files Are Not Displaying Icons in File Explorer - Similar Threads - MP4 Files Are

2. File explorer freezes when clicking on an mp4 file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer freezes when clicking on an mp4 file: I was trying to open an mp4 file and when I clicked on it my file explorer freezed. I tried yo follow some solutions and it turns out I also cant run the trouble shooter. when I try to open it I get this error: windows cannot access the specified device or file for MSDT.exe....
  3. how to change the icon of an mp4 file?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to change the icon of an mp4 file?: im trying to make something but i want to change the thumbnail of the file but i dont know how submitted by /u/alliumCepa857 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j0llxf/how_to_change_the_icon_of_an_mp4_file/
  4. Why is Windows File Explorer displaying wrong timestamp for some files

in Windows 10 Support
    Why is Windows File Explorer displaying wrong timestamp for some files: Please have a look at the screenshot. Windows File Explorer is displaying datetime stamp of 11/06/2020 6:33 pm, however if I right click on the file it displays a different Creation time. This has only happened to 4 files out of about 40. The rest of the files are showing the...
  5. some of my mp4 files can't be edited in win 10 file explorer

some of my mp4 files can't be edited in win 10 file explorer: Some of my mp4 files can't be edited in win 10 file explorer. you can type in new words but the original words return after a carriage return. I looked at the file properties tab but don't see anything likely to be the cause of my grief. Any ideas would be welcome....
  6. mp4 files

mp4 files: Why can't I open and play my video files in Windows 10 64 bit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp4-files/9caf77cb-f036-4ec7-8741-7fff9b008c92"
  7. MP4 FILES

in Windows 10 Customization
    MP4 FILES: Hi, i cannot run an MP4 file on my windows computer. any advice would be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp4-files/5d15cbeb-ecf9-41c7-9d34-5dc33afd8bfc
  8. MP4 file.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MP4 file.: Hello, I can not find my MP4. I looked in File Explorer,Documents,etc. Please,I need the steps to send a video from YouTube to my Gmail. I don't know a lot about computers. Yes,I knew how to send a video on Windows 7. Thanks, A.W....
  9. MP4 files not showing movie icon in Explorer

MP4 files not showing movie icon in Explorer: Some of my MP4 files are not showing the correct movie-type of icon in Windows Explorer. This is when viewing the folder using icons of any size. If I switch to Details view then it shows correctly as a movie file. NB I think this seems to only happen with VERTICAL MP4...
  10. Explorer Thumbnails not displaying movie icon for MP4 files

Explorer Thumbnails not displaying movie icon for MP4 files: I'm using Windows 10 and have noticed for a while that a lot of my MP4 files do not display show that a file is an MP4 file in Explorer. I view the files using Thumbnails, not icons, and usually view as Large Icons or Extra Large icons. Some MP4 files clearly show that...