Windows 10: Some MSI files not installing saying required module not found on W10

Discus and support Some MSI files not installing saying required module not found on W10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; We have written several programs in VB.2010. They all have a setup and deploy project to create the MSI file. There is a launch condition for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by QuickBooksDev, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Some MSI files not installing saying required module not found on W10

We have written several programs in VB.2010. They all have a setup and deploy project to create the MSI file. There is a launch condition for a specific file.

This same technique is used in many other programs we have. All work in Windows 7, 8, etc. but not in Windows 10.

The file is there where it supposed to be.

Some programs work using the same exact file in Windows 10 and some do not. All work on Windows 7, 8.

The file is QBFC13.dll and is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
    Search Target is [CommonFilesFolder]\Intuit\QuickBooks

MSI install message attached which comes from our launch error message setting.

What could it be?????

:)

QuickBooksDev, Nov 29, 2015

2. windows 10 update keeps failing

Hello,

I followed the instructions but some of the files would not install.

For some of the regsvr32.exe.xxxx.dll

the error kept saying:

The module "xxxx.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DLLRegisterServer was not found.

Make sure that "xxxxxx.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again.

I also got the error:

The module "xxxx.dll" failed to load.

Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files.

The specified module could not be found

This happened for 16 of the files.

I tried to run update again but no luck.

MehrabMirza, Nov 29, 2015
  3. Kyhi Win User

Some MSI files not installing saying required module not found on W10

still waiting for intuit to fix Automatic backups to a local drive on QB2013.. So would not hold my breath..

Thema:

Some MSI files not installing saying required module not found on W10

1. Some MSI files not installing saying required module not found on W10 - Similar Threads - MSI files installing

2. Every command of PowerShell is broken saying "command was found in the module"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every command of PowerShell is broken saying "command was found in the module": I can't use powershell anymoreInfo:powershell is v1.0 according to $PSHOMELiterary no commands are working including cd and echohere is the image:What I have tried:change ExecutionPolicy, it was remoteSigned, now it is unrestrictedsfc /scannow showingand here is the log:...
  3. Every command of PowerShell is broken saying "command was found in the module"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every command of PowerShell is broken saying "command was found in the module": I can't use powershell anymoreInfo:powershell is v1.0 according to $PSHOMELiterary no commands are working including cd and echohere is the image:What I have tried:change ExecutionPolicy, it was remoteSigned, now it is unrestrictedsfc /scannow showingand here is the log:...
  4. Every command of PowerShell is broken saying "command was found in the module"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. can't run/install some .exe/.msi files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't run/install some .exe/.msi files: when i start a .exe it works most of the time, but sometimes it won't start if it does not open, it often does when running it over the CMD, Run as Admin doesn't help, also when installing a .msi file, windows installer doesn't give me any errors app does not open & no error,...
  6. can't run/install some .exe/.msi files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't run/install some .exe/.msi files: when i start a .exe it works most of the time, but sometimes it won't start if it does not open, it often does when running it over the CMD, Run as Admin doesn't help, also when installing a .msi file, windows installer doesn't give me any errors app does not open & no error,...
  7. Install-Module command was found in the module PowerShellGet but the module could not be loaded

in Windows 10 News
    Install-Module command was found in the module PowerShellGet but the module could not be loaded: [ATTACH]If when you try to install or update a PowerShell module from PowerShell Gallery on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer using the Install-Module or Update-Module command and you get the error message Install-Module or Update-Module command was found in the module...
  8. Error message with printer saying," There was a problem......module could not be found". ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error message with printer saying," There was a problem......module could not be found". ?: My HP printer would not print. I was getting the error message ....no module could be found. I went on line and a lot of people with various printers were getting the same error message. Other people were telling them all kinds of things to try including what seemed to me...
  9. vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi Not Found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi Not Found: I've been getting error messages recently that said there was a problem with vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.[ATTACH] Any tips to fix this problem would be very appreciated!...
  10. a module could not be found

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    a module could not be found: C:/ProgramData/99919A43/1FA4A303.dll This module could not be found ive gotten this error atleast 10 times cause once it appeared 3 times in a row and idk what to do ive tried excluding the process from the antivirus cause it said it was a virus at one point and ik its...