Windows 10: Some MSI files not installing saying required module not found on W10

Discus and support Some MSI files not installing saying required module not found on W10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; We have written several programs in VB.2010. They all have a setup and deploy project to create the MSI file. There is a launch condition for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by QuickBooksDev, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Some MSI files not installing saying required module not found on W10

We have written several programs in VB.2010. They all have a setup and deploy project to create the MSI file. There is a launch condition for a specific file.

This same technique is used in many other programs we have. All work in Windows 7, 8, etc. but not in Windows 10.

The file is there where it supposed to be.

Some programs work using the same exact file in Windows 10 and some do not. All work on Windows 7, 8.

The file is QBFC13.dll and is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
    Search Target is [CommonFilesFolder]\Intuit\QuickBooks

MSI install message attached which comes from our launch error message setting.

What could it be?????

:)

QuickBooksDev, Nov 29, 2015

2. windows 10 update keeps failing

Hello,

I followed the instructions but some of the files would not install.

For some of the regsvr32.exe.xxxx.dll

the error kept saying:

The module "xxxx.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DLLRegisterServer was not found.

Make sure that "xxxxxx.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again.

I also got the error:

The module "xxxx.dll" failed to load.

Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files.

The specified module could not be found

This happened for 16 of the files.

I tried to run update again but no luck.

MehrabMirza, Nov 29, 2015
  3. Kyhi Win User

Some MSI files not installing saying required module not found on W10

still waiting for intuit to fix Automatic backups to a local drive on QB2013.. So would not hold my breath..

Thema:

Some MSI files not installing saying required module not found on W10

1. Some MSI files not installing saying required module not found on W10 - Similar Threads - MSI files installing

2. cannot install .msi files anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot install .msi files anymore: Good day all, All of a sudden, I cannot install .msi files anymore. [img] I tried a few things as a quick fix but no success. Any idea how to resolve this issue ? I’m clueluess and would like to avoid formatting/reinstalling the OS Counting on the geek force within the...
  3. C:\Program The specified module could not be found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C:\Program The specified module could not be found: I'am trying to delete a program but can not and this window appears to me. The program, I am trying to DesignBuilder. If i can delete the program, I will upload new version....
  4. MSI files blocked

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MSI files blocked: Upgrade files with the extension .msi bring up messageboxes that have some variant of, "Another installation process is running, wait until that finishes." This has been an ongoing problem for me for YEARS! Usually, I can run them after a restart, but no more. Process...
  5. RUNDLL - The specified Module could not be found for 2 files

in Windows 10 Support
    RUNDLL - The specified Module could not be found for 2 files: I'm getting two messages on startup from RunDLL. There was a problem starting c:|Users|Bob|AppData|Local|Experience Virtual|{hashChar}|hzdm.dll and the same for ExperienceVirtual.dll How can I stop these startup messages or fix the issue. Cannot find anything on those files...
  6. windows modules installer

in Windows 10 Support
    windows modules installer: Hi, I have a lot of restore points piling up in my list of restore points with the title "windows modules installer." Almost one every day. I cant find anything matching in event viewer or task manager. Anyone know what this is and how to get rid of it? Appreciate your help....
  7. Can`t install any .msi file

Can`t install any .msi file: Can`t install any .msi file. Shows this message: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/cant-install-any-msi-file/6635c606-200c-48c1-889c-5733f08becc9
  8. some files say "not secure" How to fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    some files say "not secure" How to fix?: some files say "not secure" How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/some-files-say-not-secure-how-to-fix/afec95b6-c916-4611-837c-a9e7daec9f33
  9. search - some files not found

in Windows 10 Support
    search - some files not found: Hi, Why some files are not found on my system ? For instance, a folder have files "02-Bad Boy" and "03-Any Time". If I do ctrl-f "Bad", I found "02-Bad Boy". If I do ctrl-f "Any", I don't find "03-Any Time". I have to type "*Any", ans asterisk before, to find...
  10. Windows cannot install required files.

Windows cannot install required files.: I have a Acer Aspire which is bought 5 years back.It was running windows 7 ultimate x64 and has 2 gb ram and 500 gb hdd and intel pentium.Three monts back,there was an unexpected shutdown and when started it again,it shows an error and says that 1.Try installing media using...