Windows 10: Some MSI files not installing saying required module not found on W10

Discus and support Some MSI files not installing saying required module not found on W10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; We have written several programs in VB.2010. They all have a setup and deploy project to create the MSI file. There is a launch condition for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by QuickBooksDev, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Some MSI files not installing saying required module not found on W10

We have written several programs in VB.2010. They all have a setup and deploy project to create the MSI file. There is a launch condition for a specific file.

This same technique is used in many other programs we have. All work in Windows 7, 8, etc. but not in Windows 10.

The file is there where it supposed to be.

Some programs work using the same exact file in Windows 10 and some do not. All work on Windows 7, 8.

The file is QBFC13.dll and is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
    Search Target is [CommonFilesFolder]\Intuit\QuickBooks

MSI install message attached which comes from our launch error message setting.

What could it be?????

:)

QuickBooksDev, Nov 29, 2015

2. windows 10 update keeps failing

Hello,

I followed the instructions but some of the files would not install.

For some of the regsvr32.exe.xxxx.dll

the error kept saying:

The module "xxxx.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DLLRegisterServer was not found.

Make sure that "xxxxxx.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again.

I also got the error:

The module "xxxx.dll" failed to load.

Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files.

The specified module could not be found

This happened for 16 of the files.

I tried to run update again but no luck.

MehrabMirza, Nov 29, 2015
  3. Kyhi Win User

Some MSI files not installing saying required module not found on W10

still waiting for intuit to fix Automatic backups to a local drive on QB2013.. So would not hold my breath..

Thema:

Some MSI files not installing saying required module not found on W10

1. Some MSI files not installing saying required module not found on W10 - Similar Threads - MSI files installing

2. MSI files cannot install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSI files cannot install: Hi, After the last failed (umpteen'th attempt from Microsoft) to update to Windows 10 Pro 1903 on my Lenovo T430 laptop running W10 Pro 1803 build 17134.1304 and again failing with "Failed to install on 21.07.?2020 - 0xc1900101", I suddenly cannot install MSI files. The...
  3. Intune - Deploying Win10 .msi packages with required .mst files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intune - Deploying Win10 .msi packages with required .mst files: Not seeing how we can deploy .msi apps that have a .mst tranform required. Anybody else been able to figure this out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intune-deploying-win10-msi-packages-with-required/d084a60b-0809-4a3e-a951-1b197e4fd61d
  4. MSI files refuse to install.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MSI files refuse to install.: Hello Lately, I have been having trouble with the .msi format files. Things like the Minecraft installer and the Epic Games Launcher installer have been difficult/impossible. Whenever I double click on a .msi file to install something, it may bring up the wizard, but as...
  5. Visual Studio Installer Error: The specified module could not be found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Visual Studio Installer Error: The specified module could not be found: Hi, i feel like i will die trying to solve the same problem for 9 days. I sit all the day and google and watch all posible videos to fix and nothings works...this feeling kills me. When I launch Visual Studio Installer for Visual Studio Community 2019 it shows: An error...
  6. VBS the specified module could not be found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    VBS the specified module could not be found: When I run a VBS file, it says: The specified module could not be found Code: 8007007E The VBS file: set A = CreateObject"WScript.Shell" A.Run "Run.bat",0 It works normally before, until last time the machine booted up with something weird "fixing C drive stage 1"...
  7. Run DLL message saying that a module is missing in a TaskPlayer file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Run DLL message saying that a module is missing in a TaskPlayer file: So, some time ago i got malware on my computer, got it repaired and all that, the thing is that i some days ago i got a message of RunDLL saying that a specific module was missing in a TaskPlayer file, i didn´t gave it attention, got the last W10 update and thought that it...
  8. cannot install .msi files anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot install .msi files anymore: Good day all, All of a sudden, I cannot install .msi files anymore. [img] I tried a few things as a quick fix but no success. Any idea how to resolve this issue ? I’m clueluess and would like to avoid formatting/reinstalling the OS Counting on the geek force within the...
  9. RUNDLL - The specified Module could not be found for 2 files

in Windows 10 Support
    RUNDLL - The specified Module could not be found for 2 files: I'm getting two messages on startup from RunDLL. There was a problem starting c:|Users|Bob|AppData|Local|Experience Virtual|{hashChar}|hzdm.dll and the same for ExperienceVirtual.dll How can I stop these startup messages or fix the issue. Cannot find anything on those files...
  10. search - some files not found

in Windows 10 Support
    search - some files not found: Hi, Why some files are not found on my system ? For instance, a folder have files "02-Bad Boy" and "03-Any Time". If I do ctrl-f "Bad", I found "02-Bad Boy". If I do ctrl-f "Any", I don't find "03-Any Time". I have to type "*Any", ans asterisk before, to find...