Windows 10: SOME music files disappeared from hard drive.

Discus and support SOME music files disappeared from hard drive. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 and I listen to music on my laptop using iTunes. I have 2335 albums in my library and the other day I noticed, in iTunes, that some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by candbbrown58, Nov 21, 2020.

1. SOME music files disappeared from hard drive.

I have Windows 10 and I listen to music on my laptop using iTunes. I have 2335 albums in my library and the other day I noticed, in iTunes, that some of my songs were missing designated in the iTunes display with a "!". I sorted by the "!" and discovered that 46 entire albums were missing all or most of their songs. I went to the folders where all of those albums were located and, indeed, the songs were gone from my hard drive.

Over the last few years, I've also uploaded all of those songs to Google Play Music. Just recently, with the demise of Google Play Music, I transferred the entire Google Play Music library to YouTube Music Premium.

The albums that are missing from my hard drive all all found in the my YouTube Music cloud library, but unfortunately, they can't be downloaded back to my hard drive.

Is there any explanation as to where my music files went or if they are somehow retrievable?

Thank you.

:)

candbbrown58, Nov 21, 2020
  2. Drone Win User

Stored files in Hard Drive

You can use Windows search. Just search for *.* on a desired drive. When list is done just arrange them by size LOL.

You can do it via command line as well and make an output text file showing files and their sizes (but without arrangement)

Drone, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Platibus Win User
    Stored files in Hard Drive

I'd like to know if there's a way of listing all the files stored in my hardware and arrange them by size, because I want to keep track of what's on my hard drive. Thanks, I hope you answer.

Platibus, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

SOME music files disappeared from hard drive.

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

SOME music files disappeared from hard drive.

1. SOME music files disappeared from hard drive. - Similar Threads - music files disappeared

2. Hard drive disappearance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive disappearance: My hard drive suddenly dissapeared after doing some work this evening, I have no clue what to do, since all the "solutions" on the web haven't worked. I know the hard drive is working since I tried it in another computer and it ran properly. Hope someone can help....
  3. Hard drive disappearance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive disappearance: My hard drive suddenly dissapeared after doing some work this evening, I have no clue what to do, since all the "solutions" on the web haven't worked. I know the hard drive is working since I tried it in another computer and it ran properly. Hope someone can help....
  4. Hard drive disappearance

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Internal Hard Drive Disappear From Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal Hard Drive Disappear From Explorer: My D: drive is gone from explorer!I Try to transfer very large files from my D: Drive and Explorer becomes unresponsive and after that my hard drive disappeared....
  6. Some files in C drive disappeared

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Some files in C drive disappeared: I went to a website to search something the when i return to my c drive then the folders and boot.mgr was gone in $WINDOWS.~BT Does anyone know how to fix it? i really need this pcUpdate - somehow windows.old was created when i did not even install new windows 10.HELP...
  7. Hard drive disappeared

Hard drive disappeared: hi, my hard drive which I've used for about 5 months has just disappeared as soon as I've put intake fans onto my pc. I've tried trying a new SATA cable and nothing works. It doesn't even show up in my disk management. Could someone please help?...
  8. Hard drive disappeared

Hard drive disappeared: Something is screwed up with my computer. My D drive is just gone, my computer continues to constantly crash, and it’s very slow. I have norton installed and whenever I do a scan it says there are no viruses. I have restarted it multiple times and nothing happened. And when...
  9. Massive folder disappeared from Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Massive folder disappeared from Hard Drive: Hello everyone, I rarely post for tech issues but really need help! I produce some video content stored by a recording program. I recently removed some of my drives to try and solve some vibrating issues with my PC being a bit loud. I plugged the drives back in after...
  10. Music files have disappeared from my hard drive.

in Windows 10 Support
    Music files have disappeared from my hard drive.: Two days ago I was simultaneously listening to music on the Zune software and unzipping files using winrar to add to my collection as I have done thousands of times before without a problem. Suddenly my music stopped playing and the Zune software gave me an error code that I...