Windows 10: Some network PCs not seeing each other

Discus and support Some network PCs not seeing each other in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 5 PCs on my network, all running Windows10. Some are connected to the router by ethernet, others by wifi: it doesn't seem to matter which. A, B... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by qwertyboy57, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Some network PCs not seeing each other

I have 5 PCs on my network, all running Windows10. Some are connected to the router by ethernet, others by wifi: it doesn't seem to matter which.

A, B and C can see all 5 including themselves. Both D and E can only see B and D. What could be stopping them seeing all five? Thanks.

:)

qwertyboy57, Apr 13, 2020

2. PC can see networks but can't connect

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while connecting to a network on your PC. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    2. Do you receive any error message when you try to connect to the network?
    3. Are you able to connect to any other network on your PC?
    4. What is the make and model of the PC?

Refer the article Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try uninstalling and re-installing the network drivers and see if that helps.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run
    2. In Run dialog box, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and hit
      Enter.
    3. Expand Network adapters.
    4. Right click on the network driver and click on
      Uninstall.
    5. Now check the box Delete the driver software for this device.
    6. Click on Uninstall
    7. Restart the PC.

In addition, you may try changing the hotspot name and the bandwidth settings of the hotspot and see if the PC detects the network.

You may also want to refer the article
    Fix network connection issues in Windows

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Trouble seeing Raspberry Pi in Networks

I have a Raspberry Pi that is running samba to share with the Windows network. In Run, I enter \\Raspi and it comes right up with the appropriate shares. That means the samba shares are actually there, yet when I open Networks, all my computers are there except the Raspi.

To try to fix this:
    1. I rebooted both the Pi and my PC
    2. I double checked the samba configuration and checked it with testparm
    3. I made certain the samba and pi passwords are the same
    4. I found a list of PC services that need to be running and set them all to automatic

Again, all my PC's and some devices like my Roku and printer are visible, just not the Pi.

Suggestions?

PickyBiker, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Some network PCs not seeing each other

Unable To See This PC As Well As Other Computers On The Network.

Hi William Bravin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Have you installed any VPN connection application on your computers?
    2. Are the computers connected to any Domain Network?

Meanwhile, try the below methods and check if you are able to see the computers in the network.

Method 1:
    Network Troubleshooter.

1. I suggest you to run the Network Troubleshooter by going to
      Settings > Network and Internet > Status.
    2. Under Change your network settings, select
      Network troubleshooter and follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If that doesn’t fix your connection problem, try Method 2.

Method 2:
    Executing The Networking Commands.

1. Click on the Start Menu > Search for
      Command Prompt
      > Right-click on Command Prompt > Click on
      Run As Administrator.
    2. Once the Command Prompt is up and running, type the following command in the Command Prompt and hit
      Enter after each command.

• ipconfig /flushdns
    • ipconfig /registerdnsipconfig /release
    • ipconfig /renew
    • netsh int ip reset
    • netsh winsock reset

1. Once the above commands are executed successfully,
      restart the computer once
      and check if you are able to see the computers in the network.

If you are not able to see the computer in the Network, then follow
    Method 3

Method 3:
    Disabling Internet Protocol Version 6.

1. Press the Windows and R keys > Type
      ncpa.cpl > Hit Enter.
    2. Once the Network Connection window is opened,
      double-click on your Network Adapter > Click on
      Properties and locate the Internet Protocol Version 6 entry on the list.
    3. Disable the checkbox next to
      Internet Protocol Version 6 > Click on Apply >
      OK
    4. Restart the computer once and check if you are able to see the computer in the Network.

Write to us with the updated results and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Some network PCs not seeing each other

1. Some network PCs not seeing each other - Similar Threads - network PCs seeing

2. Windows 10 PCs can't see each other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 PCs can't see each other: I have two PCs both running Windows 10 and ESET Antivirus and Firewall. When they are both on Network 1 they can see each other and share folders happily. Then, if I move them to Network 2 they can no longer see each other or share folders. The only change I make to both is...
  3. Windows 10 PCs can't see each other

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 PCs can't see each other: I have two PCs both running Windows 10 and ESET Antivirus and Firewall. When they are both on Network 1 they can see each other and share folders happily. Then, if I move them to Network 2 they can no longer see each other or share folders. The only change I make to both is...
  4. Windows 10 PCs can't see each other

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. cannot see other pcs on network????

cannot see other pcs on network????: all of a sudden, i cannot see the other 2 pcs on my network, nor can they see me. i have win 10 64 home on all, all updates as of today, have made sure 2 Function services are started, and all SMB file sharing boxes are checked in windows programs and features. i even tried...
  6. Why can some devices not see each other over the network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why can some devices not see each other over the network: Hi, I am trying to file share over multiple pcs and laptops, and they all have the same 'advanced sharing settings', but it is random which devices they can see, there are 3 I want to connect together, all running latest windows and using the same network set to private, one...
  7. Some PCs Can See Everything on Network While Others Cannot

Some PCs Can See Everything on Network While Others Cannot: Hello, I'm having a strange issue. Our business network has about 100 different devices on it, a combination of printers, servers, and work stations. One of our managers recently had to set up a new machine and now she's unable to see all of the devices on the network, she...
  8. Home network - can't get all PCs to see each other

Home network - can't get all PCs to see each other: I have a home network with 2 PCs (C & B) and 2 laptops (C & D) all running Windows 10 with latest update. Using File Explorer - Network - A can see B & self (A) B can see A & self (B) C can see A & B but not self (C) D can see A & B and self (D) but not C A can see and...
  9. PCs Can't See Each Other On A Network

PCs Can't See Each Other On A Network: Hi Our network has not been working properly for ages but we've coped. Now, however, I want to get it working as it should do. Our network comprises three PCs, our two main PCs and a spare which does get used on a regular basis. All are connected via ethernet cables and...
  10. PCs on network cannot access each other; one does not see itself

PCs on network cannot access each other; one does not see itself: I have a home network with a WIN 7 (hereafter referred to as 7) and a WIN 10 (hereafter referred to as 10) PC connected through a router via Ethernet. Note that this configuration has performed well (including the printers I have connected) for several years. At some point...