Windows 10: some of keys are sticking is there a fix without buying new keyboard

Discus and support some of keys are sticking is there a fix without buying new keyboard in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; some of keys are sticking??... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JanKing1, Jan 3, 2019.

1. JanKing1 Win User

some of keys are sticking is there a fix without buying new keyboard

some of keys are sticking??

:)

JanKing1, Jan 3, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Need a new wireless keyboard - suggestions?

This is a for work - not gaming!

My work keyboard is a wireless logitech, lasted some 6 years and now has a case of sticking keys, so I need a new one. I really liked it, thought the key action isn't the greatest. It has been through millions of keystrokes.

I have a G5 gaming mouse (both work and home), I want to keep that.

So I'm looking for:

• Wireless and responsive
    • (USB and PS2 capable)
    • Assignable hot keys
    • Dedicated volume and playback buttons
    • Great feel (for lots of typing)
    • Intergrated wrist-wrest
    • Black (nice not to see gunk that builds up)
    • Under $100
    Anyone have any "passionate" suggestions? I plan to stop at staples to try some out. I am partial to Logitech.

Sasqui, Jan 3, 2019
  4. some of keys are sticking is there a fix without buying new keyboard

[SOLVED] Budget keyboard with QUIET keys and/or small keys? Business or gaming.

UPDATE: after some suggestions on various keyboards, i ultimately landed on the suggested keyboard named CHERRY STREAM 3.0 - and wow! what an a-m-a-z-i-n-g keyboard this is!! the feel is just great, the keys fit me so good, it's even more quiet than apples keyboard, they keys are as small as they should be AND it was surprisingly CHEAP compared to other keyboards! and nice bonuses (for me): it contains USEFUL shortkeys/media keys which i use frequently. the quality feels stunningly great, which again results in the keyboard being rather heavy comparing to my other "old" keyboards, not that it's such a bad thing, tbh. the only but yet so small negative thing i can point out with this is the fact that the lighting for the lock-buttons is VERY bright, so when you are watching a movie, they certainly are making its strong shine. i do believe there might be a way to fix that, though. i just havent gotten that far yet. OVERALL: this keyboard is the BEST keyboard i've had AND tried so far for my purposes! probably one of the best all-around keyboards there is under $50. totally worth the blind buy i did, and i have suggested the keyboard to my friends who are also looking for an excellent keyboard, which is what cherry stream 3.0 is! totally recommended and worth the wait!!

minstreless, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

some of keys are sticking is there a fix without buying new keyboard

1. some of keys are sticking is there a fix without buying new keyboard - Similar Threads - keys are sticking

2. some keyboard key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    some keyboard key not working: after moving to windows 11, some of my laptop keyboard key is not working e, n,7,8,U,h. im not sure if the os caused this. but when i restart the laptop, the key listed above works for a few minutes and then error again. i already try to find tutorial but i cant find it. i...
  3. Some keys on keyboard not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some keys on keyboard not working.: The keys `,1, tab, a, z are not working on my keyboard. I have a Lenovo IdeaPad S145 Windows 11. Keyboard driver has already been updated. Sometimes it works and most of the time it doesn't. It has been happening for almost a month now. I need help....
  4. Keyboard unresponsive without USB-C Stick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard unresponsive without USB-C Stick: One of my USB Type-C is misbehaving. I have something plugged in the problematic port for example, a dongle, when I start my laptop, the keyboard is unresponsive.When I have nothing connected to that port, once I get to the log-in screen and try to type my password,...
  5. Keyboard unresponsive without USB-C Stick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard unresponsive without USB-C Stick: One of my USB Type-C is misbehaving. I have something plugged in the problematic port for example, a dongle, when I start my laptop, the keyboard is unresponsive.When I have nothing connected to that port, once I get to the log-in screen and try to type my password,...
  6. About buying a new key !

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    About buying a new key !: I have just build a pc from retailer & now want to buy windows for pc Is OEM key legal ? & yes does it get lifetime future updates ? & suggest me which key I should get from the person who assembled my pc! my windows is Windows 10 pro! Please reply asap Thanks...
  7. Keyboard keys sticking or struck in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard keys sticking or struck in Windows 10: Hi, Multiple computersWindows 10 in our organization running with keyboard issues. Keys are sticking for few seconds and comes up suddenly on screen, inconsistent keyboard typing in multiple PCs. So far done few troubleshooting and nothing seems working. 1. we have...
  8. Some keyboard keys not working

Some keyboard keys not working: I have a hp laptop and everything is fine with it. But one-day certain keys stopped working and I have had to use the on-screen keyboard which is quite inconvenient. The keys are : T, Y, Tab, F3, F6, F10, and Ctrl, and possibly others I have not discovered yet. The laptop has...
  9. Keyboard randomly sticks keys

Keyboard randomly sticks keys: I have an ASUS laptop. The keyboard works fine and the keys aren't actually sticking but on occasion, particularly the 4 key and the alt key would act like they are held down. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the keyboard driver, I've plugged in an external keyboard...
  10. Buying a key to validate Windows WITHOUT installing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Buying a key to validate Windows WITHOUT installing: Hello. Is there any way to purchase a key from the Windows Store and apply it to my existing install so I don´t have to reinstall? Reason: Bought an assembled PC with Windows pre-installed. Built a new computer a few years later and moved the main HDD over to the new...