Windows 10: Some of my desktop icons not displaying in full size?

Discus and support Some of my desktop icons not displaying in full size? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] As you see in the picture above the icons for Reddit and Messenger do not display in full size. I believe that when I first created these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by metanoiance, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Some of my desktop icons not displaying in full size?

Some of my desktop icons not displaying in full size? [​IMG]

As you see in the picture above the icons for Reddit and Messenger do not display in full size. I believe that when I first created these shortcut their icons were displaying in full size like the other ones. Refreshing or restarting does not help, and neither does changing the icons for a different .ico file. Any ideas?

:)

metanoiance, Dec 28, 2019
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Font and Icon size

Hi Vickie,

It's possible that some settings were accidentally changed, affecting your icons and font size. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps to change the icon size:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Select View.
    • Choose Medium icons or Small icons, whichever you prefer more.

Additionally, you can change the display size of texts and other items by following these steps:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items, drag the slider over to 100%.
    • If the slider is already on 100%, click Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, choose the Recommended option from the drop-down choices.

We'll wait for your response to our questions and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Dec 28, 2019
  3. Desktop icons

Hi Cruz,

Unfortunately, you will not be able to resize only the Desktop items. However, you may customize the display to make the icons bigger or change the text size.

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.

• Click on Settings and click on System.

• Under Display, you can customize the options according to your use.

If you need to increase the Desktop icon text size, you may follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.

• Click on Control panel.

• Click on Appearance and Personalization.

• Click on Display and change the settings for the icon text size.

Let us know the results. If you are still facing the issue, we’re here to help.

Rohit Siddegowda, Dec 28, 2019
  4. Some of my desktop icons not displaying in full size?

Font size on windows 10 desktop displays

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to increase the desktop icons' size.

You can change the desktop icons' size by just pressing and holding the Ctrl key and scrolling up/down on your mouse.

To increase the size of text, apps and other item, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Click on System and Display tab.
    • Under Change size of text, apps and other items, move the size bar towards right side to increase the size.

Hope this helps you. Let us know if you need further assistance. We'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

Some of my desktop icons not displaying in full size?

1. Some of my desktop icons not displaying in full size? - Similar Threads - desktop icons displaying

2. Why won't some desktop icons display as large?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't some desktop icons display as large?: I have my desktop icons view setting set to large icons but for some reason a few icons don't upsize, they remain the same 'medium' size. Is this a Windows issue or p[roblem with the individiual apps?...
  3. Why won't some desktop icons display as large?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't some desktop icons display as large?: I have my desktop icons view setting set to large icons but for some reason a few icons don't upsize, they remain the same 'medium' size. Is this a Windows issue or p[roblem with the individiual apps?...
  4. Desktop Icon Sizes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icon Sizes: My desktop icon sizes seem to be changer very slightly when I plug in an external monitor, the external monitor has an uncommon resolution of 3840x2160 60hz and my laptop has an internal display with a resolution of 2560x1600 165hz, I can fit 10 desktop icons on my desktop...
  5. Desktop Icon Sizes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon Sizes: My desktop icon sizes seem to be changer very slightly when I plug in an external monitor, the external monitor has an uncommon resolution of 3840x2160 60hz and my laptop has an internal display with a resolution of 2560x1600 165hz, I can fit 10 desktop icons on my desktop...
  6. size of icons desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    size of icons desktop: right click on desktop does not let me select size of icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/size-of-icons-desktop/54246a2f-81e0-41a1-8929-2ce03fe353a8
  7. Desktop Icons displaying sizes instead on their names

Desktop Icons displaying sizes instead on their names: Hello, I really need help please. My desktop icons instead of displaying their real names on the desktop they display size in KB. Attached is the picture of my desktop for help.[ATTACH]...
  8. Desktop icon size

Desktop icon size: Something I did changed the size of my desktop icons, made them larger. Even though I go into "View" and change the icons to the smallest, they are still bigger than they were originally. What do I do other than in the View setting can I bring them back to the smaller...
  9. size of icons on my computer display screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    size of icons on my computer display screen: how to make them smaller https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/size-of-icons-on-my-computer-display-screen/30ae5c4b-42bf-43c4-b6b0-7c0213fa3f50
  10. Size desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Size desktop Icons: How can I reduce or increase size of icons on desktop. 35203