Windows 10: Some of my desktop icons stay medium size when i make them large, and I really want the...

Discus and support Some of my desktop icons stay medium size when i make them large, and I really want the... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/therhubarbdoodles [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/therhubarbdoodles, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Some of my desktop icons stay medium size when i make them large, and I really want the...

/u/therhubarbdoodles, Dec 23, 2020

2. Windows 10 LARGE shortcut Icons are the same size as Medium Icons

Hello guys,

Ok, I created some custom large icons for my folder shortcuts. I wanted the picture to fill the icon square space. The icon looks exactly the way I want it. But when I apply the icon to the shortcut, its the same size as the Medium icon except the so-called
    large one has a big thick border around it.

I tried using CTRL and scrolling the wheel and the icon stays the same but the surrounding border or padding gets bigger--not the picture. This is strange to me because if I put the same ICO file along side the folder, the ICO file is much bigger about twice
    the size of my shortcut icon.

I'm very disappointed that I can't get my shortcut icon to fill the whole icon space.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Am I just going to have to live with this? It doesn't make sense to allot that much space to an icon but just fill it with empty space. The medium and the large are the same size!

You can see in the attached picture below. The actual ICO file is much better. When I apply that icon to the shortcut it is the same size as the medium with more padding. Below the first row, the View is set to Extra Large, but the only thing that changes
    is the padding around the picture. Its not extra large at all. The picture is swamped in a sea of nothing!

Some of my desktop icons stay medium size when i make them large, and I really want the... ef02cb8a-924c-4778-a8be-661d84e93d8a.jpg

Jacob_Pressures, Dec 23, 2020
  3. Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Dec 23, 2020
  4. Noela Tum Win User

Some of my desktop icons stay medium size when i make them large, and I really want the...

Some Google Shortcut Icons appear as empty folders when I choose to display the medium size icon on desktop

Hello,

Your desktop icons are an awesome way to keep track of your favorite programs. Since you mentioned that you've successfully updated the icons for your Gmail, Google Drive, Google Calendar and Google Contacts then that means they should be easier to find.

The Gmail and Google Contact desktop icons doesn't show up with the updated picture when they're viewed in medium size. To resolve the issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Where did you download the icons?
    • Can you give us a screenshot of the medium-sized icons on your desktop?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Noela Tum, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

Some of my desktop icons stay medium size when i make them large, and I really want the...

1. Some of my desktop icons stay medium size when i make them large, and I really want the... - Similar Threads - desktop icons stay

2. Desktop icons not staying where I want them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons not staying where I want them: Hi there - I have just switched from a desktop to a laptop, and I have a number of icons on my main screen. However, I like these icons to be grouped in a particular way - for example, all Word icons to be together, all Excel icons together, a Citrix icon on the top right of...
  3. Desktop icons not staying where I want them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons not staying where I want them: Hi there - I have just switched from a desktop to a laptop, and I have a number of icons on my main screen. However, I like these icons to be grouped in a particular way - for example, all Word icons to be together, all Excel icons together, a Citrix icon on the top right of...
  4. Desktop icons not staying where I want them

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I want to change only a few icons on my desktop to large and leave the remaining as medium...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to change only a few icons on my desktop to large and leave the remaining as medium...: I want to increase the size of several icons but not all. The current desktop is medium and it would be helpful for a few to large https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-change-only-a-few-icons-on-my-desktop-to/7f0d6ac3-58fe-46bb-855a-3033e3e21028
  6. Icons minimize to hidden tray when I want them to stay on taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons minimize to hidden tray when I want them to stay on taskbar: Apps such as steam, discord, wallpaper engine minimize to the hidden tray whether I click the close or minimize button, and it is frustrating. Other programs, like Kaspersky anti-virus or windows defender minimize to the task bar when I click minimize, so it might be a bug....
  7. Thumbnails not showing (Extra Large Icons, Large, Medium....

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails not showing (Extra Large Icons, Large, Medium....: hey guys, found this (finally) on the net: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...2e8ff86?auth=1http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...2e8ff86?auth=1 None of the solutions helped, except this one: [img] In reply to Pinaki Mohanty's post on April 6, 2013 I...
  8. Sort photos the way I want them, and make them stay that way

in Windows 10 Support
    Sort photos the way I want them, and make them stay that way: How can I sort my photos and make them stay the way I want them to in a folder. On Windows 7 I downloaded something from the 7 forum that allowed me to sort them in my chosen order and they stayed that way, ONLY on my desktop! How can I do it in Windows 10?????? 70037
  9. Desktop Icons won't stay where I put them

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons won't stay where I put them: I like to position all my desktop icons in a custom order, but since I took my PC into the Geeks to remove a suspected virus, my desktop icons keep returning to default positions upon restart or refresh. I've experimented with unchecking grid and align options, and even...
  10. Some desktop icons won't stay where I place them.

in Windows 10 Support
    Some desktop icons won't stay where I place them.: This started after I did a refresh installation. While many of the icons remain where they are, some of them refuse to stay put when I move them. They spring to another position. What might be causing this bizarre behaviour? 95380