Windows 10: Some of my files are grayed out in my C drive- WINDOWS 10

Discus and support Some of my files are grayed out in my C drive- WINDOWS 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As you can see , some of my files are nearly black. Is this a issue. Can anyone help me?NOTE: I am able to access the files.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RohithKumarU, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Some of my files are grayed out in my C drive- WINDOWS 10

As you can see , some of my files are nearly black. Is this a issue. Can anyone help me?NOTE: I am able to access the files.

:)

RohithKumarU, Jun 24, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 24, 2021
  3. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Jun 24, 2021
  4. Scrizz Win User

Some of my files are grayed out in my C drive- WINDOWS 10

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

Some of my files are grayed out in my C drive- WINDOWS 10

1. Some of my files are grayed out in my C drive- WINDOWS 10 - Similar Threads - files are grayed

2. For some reason about half of my files on my thumb drive are greyed out and are not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    For some reason about half of my files on my thumb drive are greyed out and are not...: For some reason about half of my files on my thumb drive are greyed out and are not accessible. I think I somehow accidently made them hidden. How do I undo this to be able to access my files?...
  3. Some weird file in C drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some weird file in C drive?: I have a weird file in C:/windows/ which is named as this 1KKkUSW9SJ5yL50z9zRsypjr4JdgqbOKl@e=download with no extension which contains thisdom=00.msw0.com dome=id=1StFhYsZo4lgE-HmqT9jNiDjIbvP5kOY3&export=download domg=id=1gKvGuBevxdHEtolIwNbzX6UGEgxeI5I7&export=download...
  4. Some weird file in C drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some weird file in C drive?: I have a weird file in C:/windows/ which is named as this 1KKkUSW9SJ5yL50z9zRsypjr4JdgqbOKl@e=download with no extension which contains thisdom=00.msw0.com dome=id=1StFhYsZo4lgE-HmqT9jNiDjIbvP5kOY3&export=download domg=id=1gKvGuBevxdHEtolIwNbzX6UGEgxeI5I7&export=download...
  5. Some weird file in C drive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Some files in C drive disappeared

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Some files in C drive disappeared: I went to a website to search something the when i return to my c drive then the folders and boot.mgr was gone in $WINDOWS.~BT Does anyone know how to fix it? i really need this pcUpdate - somehow windows.old was created when i did not even install new windows 10.HELP...
  7. Extend volume on C Drive is grayed out,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extend volume on C Drive is grayed out,: My C drive is almost full and unable run major applications. I have space on D drive as shown below. When i right click on C drive "Extend Volume " is grayed out. How can merge drive C and D ? i shrinked 10gb volume from d drive. I can't add it to C drive extend volume is...
  8. All my options are grayed out in windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    All my options are grayed out in windows 10 pro: its says settings are managed by your organization windows fk this trash window, tried almost everything, waste a lot of time fk each and everyone of you...
  9. Blocked out of my c:\ drive by my "organization"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Blocked out of my c:\ drive by my "organization": So recently (over the past week) my pc has been blocked from using my main drive (C:\). >anything involving my C:\ (e.g. Things like home and documents folder; roaming folder; control panel) >only error message that appears is " We can't open '(File address)'. Your...
  10. Windows 10: Some privacy settings grayed out

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10: Some privacy settings grayed out: Hi guys, I've been using Windows 10 for a few weeks now and I was looking to get Cortana to work. However, Cortana tells me that I need to allow it to access contacts. I clicked settings and I saw that all the settings were on, but were grayed out. [img] When I take a...