Windows 10: Some of my installed programs now are in japanese

Discus and support Some of my installed programs now are in japanese in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, recently i changed this option in Region options, I changed it because it was needed for the instal of a Japanese game, after doing it I changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jhormanmauriciogomezalarc, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Some of my installed programs now are in japanese

Hello, recently i changed this option in Region options, I changed it because it was needed for the instal of a Japanese game, after doing it I changed it bad to my normal Region but I found Support Assistant has Japanese things in the name, I want to change it back to normal spanish name but I don't know how to do it.

Some of my installed programs now are in japanese b2cfac5c-90b1-4be9-ad44-9116108a5f97?upload=true.png Some of my installed programs now are in japanese d552a260-0496-4190-bd8f-92ddacdf5b5c?upload=true.png

:)

jhormanmauriciogomezalarc, Nov 28, 2019
  2. TokyoMike Win User

Switching Japanese Windows with English menus

Yes, I do mean those keys. I tried just switching to Japanese keyboard, as you suggested, but those keys didn't work. Also, the selection key is normally the spacebar in Japan but I could only get IME to work with the Tab key (for those who aren't familiar with Japanese typing: you type in Roman characters, then press a selection key and it steps you through a list of options for the word you are typing in Japanese characters). Did you get the special keys to work as they do in native Japanese mode?

It may well be that I was missing something, although I did try every option I could think of. In any event, as I said, I gave in and now have Japanese Windows running with English menus and everything seems to be working perfectly.
    Thanks,

Mike

TokyoMike, Nov 28, 2019
  3. Japanese Keyboard

Hi Kiyakat,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Let us follow these steps and check if that makes any difference:

Step A: Remove the Language Pack.

1. Click on the Start button, go to Settings > Time & Language > Region &
      Language.
    2. Click on Japanese Language and the click on Remove.

Step B: Re-add the Language pack.

1. Click on the Start button, go to Settings > Time & Language > Region &
      language.
    2. Click on Add a Language >Select the Language (Japanese).
    3. Once added, click on Options button, and select Add Keyboards to select Japanese keyboard.
    Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Nov 28, 2019
  4. Some of my installed programs now are in japanese

Japanese Language Pack cannot install. Computer is Surface Pro 3

Hi Lee,

To get a better clarity about the issue, please provide the details below:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open Settings menu.

• Click on Time and language in settings window.

• Click on Region and language from left navigation pane.

• Click on Add a language (+ symbol)

• Select Japanese language pack.
    • Now, click on Japanese language pack and click on
      Set a default button under the Region and language from left navigation pane.

Step 2:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select
      Control panel.

• Type Language in the search bar located at the top right corner of Control panel and click on language.

• Click on the Japaneselanguage pack on the Language window.

• Click on Download and install language pack button under
      Japanese
      language pack.

• Enter the administrator password if prompted.

• Click on Save button.

Please post back with the updated status regarding issue with downloading language pack, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

Some of my installed programs now are in japanese

1. Some of my installed programs now are in japanese - Similar Threads - installed programs are

2. Some items are in Japanese on my computer, Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some items are in Japanese on my computer, Help!: I created my email and Microsoft account together when I lived in Japan several years ago. I am currently experiencing issues.On any email from Microsoft, that regards a login, where Microsoft provides me an email for verification, the body of that email is in Japanese. Also,...
  3. Some items are in Japanese on my computer, Help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some items are in Japanese on my computer, Help!: I created my email and Microsoft account together when I lived in Japan several years ago. I am currently experiencing issues.On any email from Microsoft, that regards a login, where Microsoft provides me an email for verification, the body of that email is in Japanese. Also,...
  4. Can't Install Some Programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Install Some Programs: Many times, when I download a program from https://www.giveawayoftheday.com/it won't install! I open the zipped package, click the setup.exe file, get the 'do you want to allow this app to make changes to your computer' , I click Yes,then nothing happens.I have bitdefender AV...
  5. Can't Install Some Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Install Some Programs: Many times, when I download a program from https://www.giveawayoftheday.com/it won't install! I open the zipped package, click the setup.exe file, get the 'do you want to allow this app to make changes to your computer' , I click Yes,then nothing happens.I have bitdefender AV...
  6. Can't Install Some Programs

7. cannot install some programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot install some programs: i got a new windows 10 pc and i cannot install some programs, like opera gx worked, so did corel, blender and the drivers for my huion tablet, but minecraft and bluestacks dont work...
  8. cannot install some programs

cannot install some programs: i got a new windows 10 pc and i cannot install some programs, like opera gx worked, so did corel, blender and the drivers for my huion tablet, but minecraft and bluestacks dont work...
  9. Error installing some programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error installing some programs: While im trying to install some programs Epic games launcher the message 'the process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file' keeps showing. Is there any way to fix this. I have installed it before on my laptop but sone error occured...
  10. my display now is in Japanese......

in Windows 10 Customization
    my display now is in Japanese......: I don't read Japanese......... so I am unable to change it back to English. PLEASE I need help how to figure it out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-display-now-is-in-japanese/b7041cba-d271-4865-8562-659fe268e3ba