Windows 10: Some of my keys on my keyboard are not working

Discus and support Some of my keys on my keyboard are not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Please help! I already tried checking updates and reinstalling my keyboard on my laptop again. I even tried turning on and off the sticky and filter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Pamela Marquez, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Some of my keys on my keyboard are not working

Please help! I already tried checking updates and reinstalling my keyboard on my laptop again. I even tried turning on and off the sticky and filter keys but still not working. Lastly, I cleaned it in case if there is something beneath it that could be the reason why I'm experiencing this.

:)

Pamela Marquez, Jul 27, 2021

2. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Jul 27, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jul 27, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Some of my keys on my keyboard are not working

Keyboard shortcuts and key combo stopped working

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Try running the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all
      option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and Devices.

Method 2: You may check if the Ctrl key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard).

• And check if it works.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Jul 27, 2021
Thema:

Some of my keys on my keyboard are not working

1. Some of my keys on my keyboard are not working - Similar Threads - keys keyboard are

2. some of my keyboard keys are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some of my keyboard keys are not working: the keys that stops working are random i have tried keyboard tester but the keys does not respond and my driver are also up to date my laptop name is asus rog strix g17 and the problem is always solved if i restart my laptop...
  3. some of my keyboard keys are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    some of my keyboard keys are not working: the keys that stops working are random i have tried keyboard tester but the keys does not respond and my driver are also up to date my laptop name is asus rog strix g17 and the problem is always solved if i restart my laptop...
  4. Some keys are not working on my keyboard!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some keys are not working on my keyboard!: The Fn, Esc ,F1, F3 , F5 to F10 is not working! When i tried to press these buttons, the keyboard does not light up. I tried holding Fn+Esc but they do not work in the first place, also tried switching off and on filter keys, deleting some updates that might have caused it to...
  5. Some keys are not working on my keyboard!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some keys are not working on my keyboard!: The Fn, Esc ,F1, F3 , F5 to F10 is not working! When i tried to press these buttons, the keyboard does not light up. I tried holding Fn+Esc but they do not work in the first place, also tried switching off and on filter keys, deleting some updates that might have caused it to...
  6. Some keys are not working on my keyboard!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Some of my keys in my keyboard are not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some of my keys in my keyboard are not working: Please help! I already tried checking updates and reinstalling my keyboard on my laptop again. I even tried turning on and off the sticky and filter keys but still not working. Lastly, I cleaned it in case if there is something beneath it that could be the reason why I'm...
  8. My Shift keys are not working with some keys on keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Shift keys are not working with some keys on keyboard: I'm using the ASUS Notebook, both of my Shift keys are not working properly as they used to a couple weeks back. My right shift cannot press Z in capital or making ? symbol. My left shift key cannot press ] symbol. Other keys are fine.What should I do? I have all the driver...
  9. some of my keyboard keys are not working

some of my keyboard keys are not working: Hi, I am a windows 10 pro user although some of my keyboard keys are not working now. For example, r,t,y,g,b,v. my laptop is Lenovo ThinkPad, CORE i7. please help me....
  10. Some of my keys aren't working on my keyboard.

Some of my keys aren't working on my keyboard.: So My MSI Vigor GK40 keyboard isn't working properly, half of the keys aren't working when I switch my PC on and then after some time they suddennly might start working. Oddly the keyboard which was included with my PC works fine....