Windows 10: some of my mp4 files can't be edited in win 10 file explorer

Discus and support some of my mp4 files can't be edited in win 10 file explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Some of my mp4 files can't be edited in win 10 file explorer. you can type in new words but the original words return after a carriage return. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chebuctan, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Chebuctan Win User

some of my mp4 files can't be edited in win 10 file explorer

Some of my mp4 files can't be edited in win 10 file explorer. you can type in new words but the original words return after a carriage return.

I looked at the file properties tab but don't see anything likely to be the cause of my grief.

Any ideas would be welcome. Thanks

looked at the file properties tab but don't see anything likely to be the cause of my grief. Any ideas would be welcome. Thanks

:)

Chebuctan, Jun 16, 2020
  2. gasolin Win User

Convert vob files into mp4 (chromecast)

I have draged the files from videos (dvd's) on to my pc, now i need to convert them from vob into mp4 video so i can watch it using my chromecast (have bought my first media server).

My problem is i want it converted into one video i can click on and press play, because it's chromecast it has to be mp4 but most programs i have tried like handbreak makes the video smaller or bigger then the original size on the dvd or just converts the 10-15 vob files into 10-15 mp4 files, not one file i can click on and play. I want it losless not compromised

After that i can start ripping dvd's in mp4 instead of just draggin the files into a folder and right click on the folder and choose to play it with vlc.

What program can do that? I want a free program but if i have to i will pay for it if it's a good program that's better then all the free program, as long as it works, convert the video into one video file in mp4

gasolin, Jun 16, 2020
  3. USB doesn't display MP4 file!

I have a 300kb mix of .png, .jpg, .pdf files on a 4Gb USB drive. I added a 2Gb MP4 movie but it doesn't display in the drive files. I used CCleaner to check the drive F files .. it only shows up as 2Gb of OTHER FILES, but not in the listed files.

Any (constructive) suggestions welcome. I can't remove it as it doesn't show in the file list.

GregNeedsHelp, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

How do I edit the metadata of mp4, avi and mkv files?

welcome to TenForums @bomberswarm2

For .mp4 it's easy, you can edit the metadata from File Explorer, either in the Details tab for its Properties or, if you turn on the Details Pane in File Explorer's View ribbon, you can edit it there too.

For mkv and avi the details aren't editable in File Explorer, but apparently there are third party metadata editors that can change them.

How to add details to mkv files for explorer?

Thema:

1. some of my mp4 files can't be edited in win 10 file explorer - Similar Threads - mp4 files can't

2. Editing/adding an MP4 image tag for the preview pane in Win 10 file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Editing/adding an MP4 image tag for the preview pane in Win 10 file explorer: I googled:Edit preview tag images for mp4 files in Win10I've discovered I can store zillions of movies on a few 512 flash drives to watch from anywhere and want to add preview images to quickly find the movie I want.Double click to enlarge. There are no tags shown for each...
  3. Editing/adding an MP4 image tag for the preview pane in Win 10 file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Editing/adding an MP4 image tag for the preview pane in Win 10 file explorer: I googled:Edit preview tag images for mp4 files in Win10I've discovered I can store zillions of movies on a few 512 flash drives to watch from anywhere and want to add preview images to quickly find the movie I want.Double click to enlarge. There are no tags shown for each...
  4. Editing/adding an MP4 image tag for the preview pane in Win 10 file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Editing/adding an MP4 tag for the preview pane in Win 10 file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Editing/adding an MP4 tag for the preview pane in Win 10 file explorer: I googled:Edit preview tag images for mp4 files in Win10I've discovered I can store zillions of movies on a few 512 flash drives to watch from anywhere and want to add preview images to quickly find the movie I want.Double click to enlarge. There are no tags shown for each...
  6. Editing/adding an MP4 tag for the preview pane in Win 10 file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Editing/adding an MP4 tag for the preview pane in Win 10 file explorer: I googled:Edit preview tag images for mp4 files in Win10I've discovered I can store zillions of movies on a few 512 flash drives to watch from anywhere and want to add preview images to quickly find the movie I want.Double click to enlarge. There are no tags shown for each...
  7. Editing/adding an MP4 tag for the preview pane in Win 10 file explorer

8. FIle Properties can't be edited in an MP4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FIle Properties can't be edited in an MP4: Hi - I've been capturing lots of old camcorder videos - and have them sorted on my Onedrive once I've topped and tailed the capture file.They are .MP4 - and I want to change the File Properties, but I am unable to. Any idea why they are locked?...
  9. FIle Properties can't be edited in an MP4

FIle Properties can't be edited in an MP4: Hi - I've been capturing lots of old camcorder videos - and have them sorted on my Onedrive once I've topped and tailed the capture file.They are .MP4 - and I want to change the File Properties, but I am unable to. Any idea why they are locked?...
  10. Some MP4 Files Are Not Displaying Icons in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Some MP4 Files Are Not Displaying Icons in File Explorer: I've ripped several DVDs to MP4s. In Windows 10 - 64-bit file explorer, some of the icons for the MP4 files display as the movie poster and some of the icons appear as a snapshot of the 1st still (e.g. opening credits vs. movie poster). Is there a way to get all the MP4 icons...