Windows 10: Some of my programs close immediately (NOT WINDOWS 10 APPS)

Discus and support Some of my programs close immediately (NOT WINDOWS 10 APPS) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have got games that work fine. But when I try running some programs like truckersMP, Camtasia, RagePluginHook, etc. (These are all legit.exe) They... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DillonHartley1, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Some of my programs close immediately (NOT WINDOWS 10 APPS)

I have got games that work fine. But when I try running some programs like truckersMP, Camtasia, RagePluginHook, etc. (These are all legit.exe) They appear in task manager for legit 2 seconds and then it says (Suspended) and disappears from task manager. They were working fine until about 1 week ago. When I tried to load them up nothing.

I am running windows 10, AMD Radeon RX 570 Gaming X Graphics card

Any help?

:)

DillonHartley1, Apr 4, 2019

2. Why does Windows 10 close apps immediately after they are opened?

Hi Jim,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Are you facing this issue with all the apps?
    • Are you getting any error message while the apps are closing?
    This issue may be caused by some app corruption or some third party app confliction. I suggest you to follow the methods given below:

Method 1:
    I suggest you to run the
    Windows store app
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store app.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    If issue persist kindly follow the below given method.

Method 2:
    I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    3. Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 4, 2019
  3. Upgraded to Windows 10, Xbox app opens and immediately closes

Hi,

• Are you facing the same issues with other app also?

The Modern app troubleshooter can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps and the Store.

I would suggest you to refer the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/what-troubleshoot-problems-app

Thank You.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Apr 4, 2019
  4. Some of my programs close immediately (NOT WINDOWS 10 APPS)

Store Apps start then close immediately

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to update all your device drives and also check if there are any Windows Updates available.

Follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to update all the latest drivers on your computer before installing the update.

• Press Windows logo + I key and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand all the devices on by one.
    • Right-click on the
      device driver and click on Update.

You may also download and install the latest drivers from the manufacture’s website and check.

Method 2: Run the app troubleshooter.

I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the following link and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 3: Reset the Windows Store cache.

Follow the steps to reset the Windows Store cache.

• Press Windows Key + R key.
    • Type wsreset.exe and press Enter Key.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

Some of my programs close immediately (NOT WINDOWS 10 APPS)

1. Some of my programs close immediately (NOT WINDOWS 10 APPS) - Similar Threads - programs close immediately

2. window apps and programs closes immediately after opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window apps and programs closes immediately after opening: so its been a week that I'm having this problem...…window programs/app like troubleshoot closes immediately after opening them, I can't perform troubleshoot for my WIFI and other problem as it closes when i run it, same goes for other installed programs like WinRAR as I can't...
  3. window apps and programs closes immediately after opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    window apps and programs closes immediately after opening: so its been a week that I'm having this problem...…window programs/app like troubleshoot closes immediately after opening them, I can't perform troubleshoot for my WIFI and other problem as it closes when i run it, same goes for other installed programs like WinRAR as I can't...
  4. window apps and programs closes immediately after opening

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Some programs and windows close immediately after launching

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some programs and windows close immediately after launching: Some programs such as Microsoft Edge, some games and windows close a few seconds after launching. Some programs that work are Firefox, Discord, Task Manager. Settings work normally, but i can not run troubleshooter, because it closes immediately after start, I can check...
  6. Program crashed and now some programs close immediately on opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program crashed and now some programs close immediately on opening: Hi AllBit of a strange one.My Adobe Indesign crashed, and then refused to open every time I have tried afterwards. The splash window appears, and after a few seconds, disappears.This isn't the only program it affects, with Terminal, Thunderbird, Slack, and Aeomi Backupper...
  7. Windows 10 keeps closing apps and programs immediately

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 keeps closing apps and programs immediately: I am having a big issue: Windows 10 keeps closing apps and programs immediately. They open for a few secinds and then close. This also happen with Windows programs. Any ideas? submitted by /u/TitanRogue [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows 10 Apps or Programs open and close immediately

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Apps or Programs open and close immediately: [ATTACH]At times it may happen that a Microsoft Store app os a classic Program […] This article Windows 10 Apps or Programs open and close immediately first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. My Softwares/ App in Windows 10 Immediately Closes

My Softwares/ App in Windows 10 Immediately Closes: Hi, This problem occur in my company laptop running windows 10. Some softwares like cameras, snipping tool, microsoft store crashes and some third party application, some softwares are okay and can use. I already did the troubleshooting in CMD sfc /scannow, DISM...
  10. Some apps opens then closes immediately.

Some apps opens then closes immediately.: I don't know where to report problems with applications from Windows Store but - Facebook, Instagram and Messenger doesn't work after April Update. All of these apps opens then closes immediately. Anybody else have a similar problem? *Confused Windows Apps Troubleshooter...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 programs close immediately

2. windows 10 apps close immediately

3. windows apps close imediatly

4. windows 10 opens program then immediately closes,
  5. windows programs close immediately,
  6. programs closing immediately on windows,
  7. 1809 apps close immediately,
  8. none of my programs are responding,
  9. programs closing immediately windows 10,
  10. programs closed immediately windows 10,
  11. windows 1803 closes programs,