Windows 10: Some of my recent OneNote documents have disappeared

Discus and support Some of my recent OneNote documents have disappeared in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a lot of OneNote documents and I access OneNote both from my MS Windows 10 laptop and from the Android OneNote App on my Android Tablet. About... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JD Malta 2020, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Some of my recent OneNote documents have disappeared

I have a lot of OneNote documents and I access OneNote both from my MS Windows 10 laptop and from the Android OneNote App on my Android Tablet. About 4 days ago some of my recent OneNote documents have disappeared. It seems that my OneDrive got full just before when this happened.

Is there a way in which I could recover these documents?

Thanks in advance for your support.

:)

JD Malta 2020, Jul 13, 2020
  2. scpe Win User

Several of my Onenote documents have disappeared and all the others have been renamed "Start" or "Untitled Page"

HTC HD7

Mango

on O2 in UK

1. Several of my Onenote docs on my phone have disappeared. One was a list of presents I was going to buy for people for Christmas, another was a bibliography of Shakespeare editions. I have gone into my Skydrive but cannot find the documents.

2. All my other onenote docs have been renamed "Start" or "Untitled Page". When I try to write anything into them I get the message "The section has been deleted on the server and will be removed from your phone. Any pending uploads in the section will be
    moved to the Misplaced Sections notebook." The page then disappears from my phone as well!

3. BetsyM Win User
    OneNote files pinned to start - tiles disappeared suddenly on my Windows 7 Phone

I had several OneNote files pinned to start but the tiles disappeared suddenly. I could not find any of my one OneNote documents. I then checked my sky drive and found a copy if them but my latest changes are not there. Has anyone else had this problem?

I also have a new notebook called "Misplaced Sections". My OneNote documents are there and on my SkyDrive but they do not have my mist recent changes.

BetsyM, Jul 13, 2020
  4. curt jugg Win User

Some of my recent OneNote documents have disappeared

Files disappearing from my Documents folder

Yesterday I found that certain files had disappeared from my Documents folder. Some, but not all, of them had also disappeared from the back-up copies I keep in an external hard drive. I had made no changes to my computer and the files were there the day before.
    I did a normal System Restore but it failed, so I did a System Restore in Safe Mode and this was successful and all the files reappeared.
    Although I no longer have a problem, I am concerned that the same thing might happen again. Can anyone suggest what could have been the cause of the disappearance, please? Windows Defender has not shown up any viruses and I'm at a loss as to what could have happened. Grateful for any suggestions.

curt jugg, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Some of my recent OneNote documents have disappeared

1. Some of my recent OneNote documents have disappeared - Similar Threads - recent OneNote documents

2. OneNote drawings disappeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneNote drawings disappeared.: My OneNote drawings randomly disappeared and left the text only. How do I get these drawings back. This is for an assessment that's due tomorrow morning and I have already tried restarting, shutting down and closing the OneNote repeatedly. Also I don't think they got deleted....
  3. OneNote drawings disappeared.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneNote drawings disappeared.: My OneNote drawings randomly disappeared and left the text only. How do I get these drawings back. This is for an assessment that's due tomorrow morning and I have already tried restarting, shutting down and closing the OneNote repeatedly. Also I don't think they got deleted....
  4. Some of my files have disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some of my files have disappeared: So, when I want to use sayyy discord's upload image feature every now and then my downloads folder have disappeared. Like pictured. This happens occasionally and doesn't affect File Explorer, and if it does have Downloads half of my files aren't even there. Funnily enough...
  5. Some of my files have disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some of my files have disappeared: So, when I want to use sayyy discord's upload image feature every now and then my downloads folder have disappeared. Like pictured. This happens occasionally and doesn't affect File Explorer, and if it does have Downloads half of my files aren't even there. Funnily enough...
  6. Some of my files have disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Files and folders in My Documents have disappeared!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Files and folders in My Documents have disappeared!: Help! A couple of days ago I was saving a document and it said it could not find the file location. That is when I discovered all of the files and folders in My Documents have disappeared! The only folder in My Documents is Custom Office Templates and it's empty. I have...
  8. Files and folders in My Documents have disappeared!

Files and folders in My Documents have disappeared!: Help! A couple of days ago I was saving a document and it said it could not find the file location. That is when I discovered all of the files and folders in My Documents have disappeared! The only folder in My Documents is Custom Office Templates and it's empty. I have...
  9. OneNote Files Disappeared

OneNote Files Disappeared: I realize that this is now a legacy app . . . no longer enhanced; however, I had developed a rather extensive set of notebooks containing recipes that I cannot duplicate. When I launch OneNote 2013 as I have always done, there are no notebooks available. I'm told I don't...
  10. Documents and pictures have disappeared

Documents and pictures have disappeared: I have an HP Pavilion laptop. The last update on 22 Dec 2018 says "Windows 10, version 1803." All of my documents and pictures have disappeared! What has happened and where do I find them?? Luckily I backed up to an external drive in November so most of my stuff should be...