Windows 10: Some of my start menu files are encrypted by user SYSTEMSYSTEM@NT AUTHORITY

Discus and support Some of my start menu files are encrypted by user SYSTEMSYSTEM@NT AUTHORITY in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello guys,I found an annoying problem on my computer. And I hope someone could give me some help.At the beginning, I found I cannot find some program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by John B Liu, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Some of my start menu files are encrypted by user SYSTEMSYSTEM@NT AUTHORITY

Hello guys,I found an annoying problem on my computer. And I hope someone could give me some help.At the beginning, I found I cannot find some program shortcuts in the start menu, so I opened the file location: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\ProgramsI found some of the folders have a lock on the top right.Then I right click one folder with lock icon. Opened the property menu.And Advance bottomUnbox the Encrypt contents to secure data. OK and Apply. Then this happens.This will happen for all the other encrypted folders. And I found the files are encrypted by this user:So, sounds co

:)

John B Liu, Jul 26, 2021
  2. Goatberg Win User

NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users added to Users group upon every restart

I have a Windows 10 computer that I would only like certain users on a domain to be able to login to. Lets say limit access to only those users in the group named football.

I have added the football group to the Windows users group. The computer is on a domain and I noticed the following two groups both of which I removed from the Windows users group.

• NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users
    • NT AUTHORITY\Interactive
    I have tested that NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users is allowing users outside of the football group to login to the computer and this is not wanted.

If I remove both of these groups from the Windows users group then they will reappear upon every restart of the computer. This did not have with Windows 7. This seems to be a security problem???

Goatberg, Jul 26, 2021
  3. leon sol Win User
    NT Service\TrustedInstaller & NT authority\system

is "NT Service\TrustedInstaller" the same thing as "NT Authority\system"? can you log into "NT Athority\system"?

i understand that "NT Service\TrustedInstaller" is not a user, i under stand that "NT Service\TrustedInstaller" is just trustedinstaller.exe with a temporary user ID.

i know that i cannot log into "NT Service\TrustedInstaller".

when i say "log into" i mean: "go into the user account and open file explorer's desktop and make it act like a normal user"

leon sol, Jul 26, 2021
  4. Some of my start menu files are encrypted by user SYSTEMSYSTEM@NT AUTHORITY

NT Service\TrustedInstaller & NT authority\system

It doesn't log you into another user, you are running cmd.exe under a system process when you use utilman, So anything you then run under cmd.exe is running with the authority of 'NT authority\system'

Kind Regards,

Elise

EliseM_456, Jul 26, 2021
Thema:

Some of my start menu files are encrypted by user SYSTEMSYSTEM@NT AUTHORITY

1. Some of my start menu files are encrypted by user SYSTEMSYSTEM@NT AUTHORITY - Similar Threads - start menu files

2. Windows 11 Forced Restart with no Warning -on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Forced Restart with no Warning -on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM: windows 11 keeps shutting down. please helpMicrosoft Windows [Version 10.0.22000.527] c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Windows\system32>wevtutil qe System /q:"*[System[EventID=41 or EventID=1074 or EventID=6006 or EventID=6005 or EventID=6008]]" /c:100 /f:text...
  3. Windows 11 Forced Restart with no Warning -on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Forced Restart with no Warning -on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM: windows 11 keeps shutting down. please helpMicrosoft Windows [Version 10.0.22000.527] c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Windows\system32>wevtutil qe System /q:"*[System[EventID=41 or EventID=1074 or EventID=6006 or EventID=6005 or EventID=6008]]" /c:100 /f:text...
  4. SSH Connection Refused - nt Authority

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSH Connection Refused - nt Authority: I'm trying to get into a win10 box from a linux box. I can get in using a normal user password but when I try to use shh keys I get: debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,password,keyboard-interactive debug1: Next authentication method: publickey ED25519...
  5. NT Service\TrustedInstaller & NT authority\system

in Windows 10 Customization
    NT Service\TrustedInstaller & NT authority\system: is "NT Service\TrustedInstaller" the same thing as "NT Authority\system"? can you log into "NT Athority\system"? i understand that "NT Service\TrustedInstaller" is not a user, i under stand that "NT Service\TrustedInstaller" is just trustedinstaller.exe with a temporary...
  6. NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE - Different language

NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE - Different language: Hi What could be the reason for the NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE doesn't appear to me in english ? I was having some issues while running some powershell scripts that was searching by the english name. I was only able to find out by the sid. $objSID = New-Object...
  7. NT Authority hijack persistent/embedded

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    NT Authority hijack persistent/embedded: I have a machine that I am not able to do much with other than to wonder whats really goin on at the other end of the constant HDD indicator light, fans spooling up/ down and is all of this to some nefarious end with the 50gb of data activity my router handled today for the...
  8. NT Authority will not give me access !!!!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    NT Authority will not give me access !!!!: Hello, I could use some real help here. I have a Dell Inspiron 5775 running Windows 10 Home 1909 up to date, in the past I could go into performance monitor as admin and I could add New Data Sets for GPU and CPU. Now when I tried to add these parameters I keep getting the NT...
  9. NT Authority will not give me access !!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    NT Authority will not give me access !!!!: Hello, I could use some real help here. I have a Dell Inspiron 5775 running Windows 10 Home 1909 up to date, in the past I could go into performance monitor as admin and I could add New Data Sets for GPU and CPU. Now when I tried to add these parameters I keep getting the NT...
  10. window NT-AUTHORITY Misuse by hackers

window NT-AUTHORITY Misuse by hackers: What is happening now is window 10 is hijack and no home users is immune to it and microsoft will do nothing because they got nothing to do with home users, it starts with account problems, this is because you are being impersonated and your local account will be hijack by...