Windows 10: Some of my videos are not showing in the Photos app.

Discus and support Some of my videos are not showing in the Photos app. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am able to open these videos in the Photos app from the folder, but they do not show up in the app timeline. These videos are in mp4 format and also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Black-Schwan, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Some of my videos are not showing in the Photos app.

I am able to open these videos in the Photos app from the folder, but they do not show up in the app timeline. These videos are in mp4 format and also do not generate thumbnail in the folder. Also, I was unable to change the date from within the Photos app. Any idea what might be causing this?

submitted by /u/Black-Schwan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Black-Schwan, Nov 2, 2019
  2. marcbyron Win User

N97: Photos and videos not showing up

Hi,

I took plenty of photos and videos at the U2 concert in NY with my N97 last week. But no video and photo shows up in either the photo or video apps on the phone. If I use the photo browser, I am able to access the photos from there, but not from the standard
    photo app.

The videos are nowhere to be found using the regular nokia apps, not even file explorer is revealing them.

The only way to access the videos is connecting the phone to the PC in Mass Storage mode. Then I can select the videos and copy them to my PC.

Is there a way to "refresh" the photo/video list in the phone?

Thanks,

MB

marcbyron, Nov 2, 2019
  3. SekLeong Win User
    Win10 Photos App - Video not showing; only green screen

Hi,

I'm using the Win10 photos app to create videos using existing video files and images. Previously I could preview the video that I've created. However after a windows update this morning, the video is not showing anymore [only the audio plays] and I get
    a green screen.

I also couldn't play any video files on my HDD so I had to change the default video player to media player in the Default Apps menu. However this still doesn't work for the Photos App.

Any suggestions/ideas how to solve this?

SekLeong, Nov 2, 2019
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

Some of my videos are not showing in the Photos app.

Movie Editor in the photos app keeps uploading a pink/purple video instead of the actual video

Hi Emma Epps,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To get clarity of this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, kindly reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Is this issue occurring with all the video app, or with the particular video file?
    2. What is the Graphic Card that you have installed on your PC?
    3. What is the make and model of the system?
    4. What is the version of Windows 10 you are using? You can refer this article to
      Check for operating system information in Windows 10.

It seems likely this pink artifacts on export issue is caused by display driver compatibility issues. However, I suggest you to follow the below method and check if that helps.

Method 1: Turn off hardware-accelerated video encoding in Settings

1. Open photo app and select settings
    2. At the bottom you will find your app version number in the About this app section
    3. If you are running version 2018.180710.00 or greater
      there will also be a Video section with a toggle on this page
    4. You should try turning off this toggle, which will disable hardware-accelerated video encoding, then exporting your video.

I also suggest you to refer this Thread
    Windows photo app - Export/Share function problem
    , from Sarah S (Microsoft)
    Replied on July 14, 2018.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

Some of my videos are not showing in the Photos app.

1. Some of my videos are not showing in the Photos app. - Similar Threads - videos are showing

2. Why are some photos in my onedrive pictures folder not showing in the photos app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are some photos in my onedrive pictures folder not showing in the photos app?: Many of the photo files stored within the pictures folder on onedrive do not show up in the photos section.This seemed to occur after I got a new phone...
  3. Why are some photos in my onedrive pictures folder not showing in the photos app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are some photos in my onedrive pictures folder not showing in the photos app?: Many of the photo files stored within the pictures folder on onedrive do not show up in the photos section.This seemed to occur after I got a new phone...
  4. Videos on Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos on Photos app: I like to go through my photos and videos all at once using the photo app. I was able to just click to the next video just fine before and without changing any settings it all of a sudden started muting each video. So, when I click to the next video or from a photo back to...
  5. Videos on Photos app

Videos on Photos app: I like to go through my photos and videos all at once using the photo app. I was able to just click to the next video just fine before and without changing any settings it all of a sudden started muting each video. So, when I click to the next video or from a photo back to...
  6. Thumbnail on some videos not showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnail on some videos not showing: Hi,Some of the videos are not showing thumbnails in Windows 10. I can see them in Windows 7. I have done all the settings shown in the View Tab. Nothing seem to be working.Can you please assist.Thanks....
  7. Photo App Video Editor Only Previews Some Video Thumbnails in Storyboard

Photo App Video Editor Only Previews Some Video Thumbnails in Storyboard: Hello,Some of the video clips in the storyboard have previews, displaying the first image in the clip, while some do not, and are just black.How do you ensure all the video clips in the storyboard have previews? It's difficult to work with different video clips when you can't...
  8. Photo App Video Editor only showing some thumbnails.

Photo App Video Editor only showing some thumbnails.: Hi All,How do you get the Windows 10 Photo App Video Editor to show all the thumbnails of images and video clips? It showed them all yesterday, but now the program is only showing some of them, making it extremely difficult to use the program.Thanks!...
  9. Can't view some .mp4 videos in Photos app

Can't view some .mp4 videos in Photos app: I'm pretty sure this is a new issue that appeared with the latest updates. I have Windows 10 feature update version 2004 and cummulative update for X64 KB4566782. I am not able to view some .mp4 videos in Photos or Windows Media Player. The audio works, but the video...
  10. Some video file are shows as photos.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some video file are shows as photos.: I just noticed that in some folders, in my photo gallery, some video files are shown as photo - I can't tell the difference between photo and video file until I click on the file and check its properties. In other folders, everything shows up as it should. Photos like...