Windows 10: Some of my Videos are shortened when I sync them from my phone to computer

Discus and support Some of my Videos are shortened when I sync them from my phone to computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I sync my videos to the photos app most of them come out fine, but a few are somehow shortened during the sync. Ex. 5sec. vid becomes 3sec. vid.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Peter JT, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Peter JT Win User

Some of my Videos are shortened when I sync them from my phone to computer

When I sync my videos to the photos app most of them come out fine, but a few are somehow shortened during the sync. Ex. 5sec. vid becomes 3sec. vid. How is this happening?

:)

Peter JT, Sep 18, 2020
  2. vivitree Win User

My iPhone can't sync the contacts to Mac

have you tried importing the contacts form the phone to google contacts then syncing then exporting them from there to a file on the computer then importing that into the address book
    or you can also go through the info page in itunes for your phone and sync contacts from the phone to the computer that way by checking the box that says sync contact to then select address book
    There is a step by step instruction on How to transfer iPhone contacts to my iMac. Hope it can do you a favor.

vivitree, Sep 18, 2020
  3. Sync Contacts

The way I have my android phone contacts currently set up, it becomes an unmanageable mess. If I allow my phone contacts to sync with Gmail, I can end up with duplicates (quadruplicates, actually) of the same contacts, multiple phone numbers on the same line, phone numbers and notes/addresses on the same line, etc. I'm sure there a those of you out there that can relate to this.

It renders the phone list practically useless, particularly to voice calling, etc.

I don't want email address contacts in my phone list. Can I isolate a phone contact list group in Gmail, and only have that list sync with my android phone contacts?

The reason is twofold. On my computer I also maintain the "local" Contacts folder (not the "People" list) as a mirror image of my phone contacts. In order to keep the phone list and computer lists in sync, I can export the computer contacts to a .vcf file, and easily and quickly directly import the list into my phone contacts.

The obstacle with this method is that going in the other direction (phone to computer) is too inconvenient to consider if you have 400+ contacts. If I export from my phone .vcf file to the computer, when I try to import it to my computer list, It becomes a folder with individual contacts, only allowing me import "one" contact at a time.

kitpzyxmsir, Sep 18, 2020
  4. natr0n Win User

Does tethering usb to PC shorten phone life?

Battery is a non issue as it runs off usb power while tethered.

Phone life wont shorten as that's what the phone does anyway which is transfer data.

natr0n, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Some of my Videos are shortened when I sync them from my phone to computer - Similar Threads - Videos are shortened

2. Undo a sync from phone. I logged into onedrive from my phone and it synced my stuff to my...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Undo a sync from phone. I logged into onedrive from my phone and it synced my stuff to my...: Undo a sync from phone. I logged into onedrive from my phone and it synced my stuff to my laptop. Undo please How do I undo this change? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/undo-a-sync-from-phone-i-logged-into-onedrive-from/43378c9f-e276-48b2-abd2-bc23dcdfd217
  3. Undo a sync from phone. I logged into onedrive from my phone and it synced my stuff to my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Undo a sync from phone. I logged into onedrive from my phone and it synced my stuff to my...: Undo a sync from phone. I logged into onedrive from my phone and it synced my stuff to my laptop. Undo please How do I undo this change? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/undo-a-sync-from-phone-i-logged-into-onedrive-from/43378c9f-e276-48b2-abd2-bc23dcdfd217
  4. Undo a sync from phone. I logged into onedrive from my phone and it synced my stuff to my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to retrieve notes from old phone when I never synced them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to retrieve notes from old phone when I never synced them: Back around 2017-2019 I think I had a nokia Lumia 530. I never synced my notebook. Once I got a new phone I logged in to OneNote with the same email and the notes were not there. Is there a way to retrieve the notes from the lost phone? I logged into my OneDrive and checked...
  6. How to retrieve notes from old phone when I never synced them

How to retrieve notes from old phone when I never synced them: Back around 2017-2019 I think I had a nokia Lumia 530. I never synced my notebook. Once I got a new phone I logged in to OneNote with the same email and the notes were not there. Is there a way to retrieve the notes from the lost phone? I logged into my OneDrive and checked...
  7. How do I keep the apps on my laptop after I stop syncing them from my computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I keep the apps on my laptop after I stop syncing them from my computer?: Hi! I have quit a few apps that are synced between my laptop and computer. One being my Sims game and saves. I want to turn off syncing between my computer and laptop but when I turn it off, my Sims along with other apps come off my laptop. They still are on my computer...
  8. How do I keep the apps on my laptop after I stop syncing them from my computer?

How do I keep the apps on my laptop after I stop syncing them from my computer?: Hi! I have quit a few apps that are synced between my laptop and computer. One being my Sims game and saves. I want to turn off syncing between my computer and laptop but when I turn it off, my Sims along with other apps come off my laptop. They still are on my computer...
  9. How can sync my games on my phoned to computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can sync my games on my phoned to computer: How can sync my games on my phoned to computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-sync-my-games-on-my-phoned-to-computer/fbf0130d-fad8-43cd-81ca-7574ca3e9c5d
  10. How can sync my games on my phoned to computer

How can sync my games on my phoned to computer: How can sync my games on my phoned to computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-sync-my-games-on-my-phoned-to-computer/fbf0130d-fad8-43cd-81ca-7574ca3e9c5d