Windows 10: Some of my windows go black after a few minutes of idle

Discus and support Some of my windows go black after a few minutes of idle in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a great computer, Core i7-6700k with a rx580, 16gb RAM, and a 1.8tb with 250gb ssd(ssd is almost full, HD is not.), but, sometimes random... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ElementArrow, May 10, 2020.

1. Some of my windows go black after a few minutes of idle

I have a great computer, Core i7-6700k with a rx580, 16gb RAM, and a 1.8tb with 250gb ssd(ssd is almost full, HD is not.), but, sometimes random applications will go black after not using them for a little bit, is this a setting I can turn off?

submitted by /u/ElementArrow
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ElementArrow, May 10, 2020

2. Screen goes black when idle for a minute

I recently changed a setting on my laptop so that when my mouse is idle for a minute my screen goes black, not to sleep as I it was so I could listen to music without a light. Now I need to turn it off as it keeps getting in the way but I cant remember
    how to turn it off.

peren darksbane, May 10, 2020
  3. Windows 10 freezes/deadlocks after being left idle for a few minutes

I have done all of what you suggested, and it still freezes when idle for a few minutes. I have just performed a 1 hour + download. Five minutes later, while the computer was idle, Windows 10 froze.

Bill Nettles, May 10, 2020
  4. zplugger Win User

Some of my windows go black after a few minutes of idle

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, May 10, 2020
Thema:

Some of my windows go black after a few minutes of idle

1. Some of my windows go black after a few minutes of idle - Similar Threads - black few minutes

2. After idle for a few minutes, PC reboots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After idle for a few minutes, PC reboots: I am running Windows 11, and if I leave my PC hp victus 15fb0xxx idle for a few minutes, it reboots. If I use it continuously, it's fine. I have installed every system update and checked my drivers to make sure they are up to date and I even ran a virus scan I use McAfee....
  3. After idle for a few minutes, PC reboots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After idle for a few minutes, PC reboots: I am running Windows 11, and if I leave my PC hp victus 15fb0xxx idle for a few minutes, it reboots. If I use it continuously, it's fine. I have installed every system update and checked my drivers to make sure they are up to date and I even ran a virus scan I use McAfee....
  4. Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes: When i leave my laptop idle for some time the screen goes black as if it was turned off, the fans still make sound along with the keyboard backlight still working, pressing power button turns off the computer without saving any tasks that were previously running. This is...
  5. Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes: When i leave my laptop idle for some time the screen goes black as if it was turned off, the fans still make sound along with the keyboard backlight still working, pressing power button turns off the computer without saving any tasks that were previously running. This is...
  6. Windows 10 freezing after leaving it idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 freezing after leaving it idle for a few minutes: Hello, the freezing started a week ago and happens once a day. I tried the chkdsk command and the command for repairing image in PowerShell. The HDD is set to never turn off. System SSD and HDD for games are both fine. Do you have any suggestions? Edit: took a look in event...
  7. Restarting after some idle minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restarting after some idle minutes: Computer restarts after some minutes. Sometimes it will only go back on after holding the power button for a while. PC model: Surface Laptop 2. Windows 10. I ran WinDbg and this is my log: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9fA driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a...
  8. Restarting after a some idle minutes

Restarting after a some idle minutes: Computer restarts after some minutes. Sometimes it will only go back on after holding the power button for a while. PC model: Surface Laptop 2. Windows 10. I ran WinDbg and this is my log: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9fA driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a...
  9. Black screen after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after a few minutes: I can boot windows just fine but it always goes black and forces a hard restart with the power button after some minutes. Some times its 2 or sometimes it's 20. Fresh install but problem persists. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. submitted by /u/milofelix [link]...
  10. BSOD after a few minutes of idle

BSOD after a few minutes of idle: After leaving my computer alone for a few minutes my computer restarts with a REGISTRY_ERROR BSOD. I have disabled ".NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 Critical" and ".NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 64 Critical" and also ran sfc/scannow with no integrity violation. I uninstalled...