Windows 10: Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization - Any Other Suggestions

Discus and support Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization - Any Other Suggestions in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a PC I just bought. It's running Windows 10 Pro 64. Itis mine, not a company computer. I amretired. I went to SIMPLY turn on theadvanced... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LugerGlockenstein, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization - Any Other Suggestions

I have a PC I just bought. It's running Windows 10 Pro 64. Itis mine, not a company computer. I amretired. I went to SIMPLY turn on theadvanced clipboard functionality and apparently this is some new jointNSA/NASA/US Military grade function, because when I get there, I get a messagein [COLOR=rgba215, 57, 0, 1]RED[/COLOR] that states: [COLOR=rgba215, 57, 0, 1]*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba215, 57, 0, 1].[/COLOR]

WHO'S ORGANIZATION? My dog's? My wife's? The answer is NO, because I asked them. The option to enable this TOP SECRET Clipboard History is grayed out anddisabled.

So, I search and search and come across several suggestionssay either run gpedit.msc as Administrator, Open Diagnostics & Feedback inSettings or run the registry editor.

gpedit.msc as Administrator -

Thiswas dead end to me as I followed the instructions to the "AllowTelemetry". The instructions statedto set it to Full. I do not have a Fulloption. I have:

0- Security [Enterprise Only]

1- Required

2- Enhanced

3- Optional

ButI chose Optional because I figured that would be the equivalent. I followed the directions, went back to theClipboard settings all excited....

It did not change anything. Glaring at me is that same crimson text that was probably coded by who Inow imaged to be Bill Gates himself, laughing maniacally.

Why do I need to allow telemetry data anyway to use anadvance clipboard feature? Does the governmentand Microsoft need to see my copy and paste strings that badly?

Open Diagnostics & Feedback in Settings -

Ifollowed several tutorials for this and NEVER came across an option for Basicor Enhanced. So, this step was anexercise in futility.

Next, I tried the Registry Editor and the three settingsthat were recommended -

I wasable to change the first two suggested registry entries. When I got to the 3rd one:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DataCollection, afterclicking through a plethora of subfolders past virtual cobwebs into the dank"basement" registry folder that is called ..\Windows\ I stare in disbeliefwhen I see there is no subfolder DATACOLLECTION!!!!

So, I am throwing in the towel. I was never meant to have the luxury ofhaving multiple items on my clipboard. It is no longer worth my Saturday morning and the 2 hours I have spenttrying to get this ONE simple function to work.

This is why the rest of my PCs have Linux on them. And I am not new to PCs either. I am a retired software developer that usedto program in Pick BASIC, BASIC, VB6, VB.net, C, C# as well as Python. I neverhad an issue with Windows XP or 7 I skipped 8, but Windows 10 needs to bemore open and accessible to home users who are trying to organize their photocollection and thought an advanced clipboard might make renaming some of thesefolders a bit easier.

My favorite YouTuber is ThioJoe and I first heard about thisclipboard option from him.

Does ANYONE have some suggestions besides switching over tomy Ubuntu PC?

:)

LugerGlockenstein, Apr 10, 2021

2. "Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization"

Thank you for the link. I was able to set my Diagnostics Data to Full by using gpedit.msc. But I still am not able to get rid of "Some settings are hidden or managed bu your organization."

Any advise?

SherryMalik, Apr 10, 2021
  3. alhasan Win User
    Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization

doesn't work bro ...
    I tried it but no thing showed up after applying the filter .

Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization - Any Other Suggestions [​IMG]

alhasan, Apr 10, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization - Any Other Suggestions

Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization

Welcome to TenForums @alhasan

The message "some settings are hidden or managed by your organization" means that some registry settings have been added/modified, either by editing the registry or through gpedit. Finding exactly where can be difficult. One way that can help is to open gpedit, in the left hand pane select 'Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates' then from the Action menu select 'Filter Options...'. Set 'Configured' to Yes and only those policies that are configured will be listed.

Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization - Any Other Suggestions [​IMG]

If you find a relevant policy, you need to set it to 'Not Configured' to remove the "some settings are managed...." message and the restrictions. If you don't find anything under Computer Configuration, look under User Configuration.

Thema:

Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization - Any Other Suggestions

1. Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization - Any Other Suggestions - Similar Threads - settings are hidden

2. Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization: My Pc got hacked a few days ago so i wanted to re install my window 10.Downloaded new iso from microsoft website. Made a bootable usb.When installing windows it goes to finishing and asks to restart and whole process repeats and then it is installed.I’m a single i haven’t...
  3. Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization.: Hi, I've been wanting to switch over to Windows Insider for a bit now, however I am unable to as I require to set my diagnostics data to optional and required, however I am unable to do so. I am met with the "Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization."...
  4. some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization: I'm trying to change my bacjgroud but I get a message that says "Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization.. but This is My computer and it is not part of any organization so how can I fix this?? Please help.. This is happened after I updated my laptop...
  5. Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization.: Can someone help me, the geo location service is not working, i tried the gpedit permission for location and sensors, but still it is not working.[ATTACH]...
  6. *Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization.

*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization.: I am not signed in AT ALL with my companys account but when I go to Diagnostics & Feedback in settings, it says *some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation. Does anybody have any help for this?...
  7. Any fixes on "Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization".

Any fixes on "Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization".: All the other fixes using registry, I can't seem to find the correct files and the allow telemetry trick hasn't worked either.Running windows 10 Pro. Any support would be appreciated....
  8. Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization

Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization: Hello. I formatted my Windows yesterday, everything was just fine, but when I needed to change some advanced settings in my system this thing popped in. I don't know what to do, I've searched all over the internet (including Windows forums) to find a solution but nothing I...
  9. Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization: Network and sharing center is being displayed in the network and sharing center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/some-settings-are-hidden-or-managed-by-your/87ad2f5c-c253-428e-a22d-a6e2aa4a57ef
  10. some settings are hidden or managed by your organization

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    some settings are hidden or managed by your organization: some one using by laptop in hidden and browser will not working in laptop google chrome proxy server will not working when some websites are open automatically closing the Microsoft edge. some virus are attacking my laptop ransomware. will showing on windows defender security...