Windows 10: Some of Windows default colors have bizarrely changed on their own :/

Discus and support Some of Windows default colors have bizarrely changed on their own :/ in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So all of a sudden, after using Windows 10 for a few months with no issues, I've come across this problem out of nowhere. Some of the default system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by beaver316, Oct 20, 2015.

1. beaver316 Win User

Some of Windows default colors have bizarrely changed on their own :/

So all of a sudden, after using Windows 10 for a few months with no issues, I've come across this problem out of nowhere.

Some of the default system colors have changed from the usual light gray to a light blue. It looks completely weird and I need it to go back to the defaults. Some places this color is visible can be seen in the screens below.

Some of Windows default colors have bizarrely changed on their own  :/ [​IMG]

The first is a screencap from my gmail, the backcolor of unread emails have turned blue, the second is the top bar on the google web page, and lastly is in the settings app. The side pane is blue as well as the search bar.

It's not just these places, it occurs in a lot more places throughout the OS.

Earlier today I installed a Java update, maybe this might have done something? But on my other PC I also installed the update and it's fine.

Can anyone shed some light on what might have happened? And how to fix it?

Thanks!

Edit: After viewing this post from my mobile, the greys look fine. I think my monitor might be failing. I'll do some investigating.

Edit 2: False alarm. After resetting my monitor's settings it seems to have been solved.

:)

beaver316, Oct 20, 2015

2. How can I change the Windows default color settings?

I have tried everything to change the Windows Default color settings. I DO NO mean color changes in the settings portion of the windows 10, which only changes SOME settings. I mean the Windows10 program colors. For instance, so if I pull up my browser,
    Yahoo.com, the background will be a color I have chosen and not WHITE. I have low vision and need to solve this problem. Thanks! kathleen

KathleenHurlbutt, Oct 20, 2015
  3. change various program windows, bars, etc. in win 10 pro

The border color can be changed in the Settings application under Personalize under Colors.

The title bar colors cannot be changed in the default theme at this time. Some alternate themes do alter this, though.

zachd [MSFT], Oct 20, 2015
Thema:

Some of Windows default colors have bizarrely changed on their own :/

1. Some of Windows default colors have bizarrely changed on their own :/ - Similar Threads - default colors bizarrely

2. Color Profile Settings Change On Their Own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Color Profile Settings Change On Their Own: I created a custom ICC profile for my monitor, but it doesn't stay applied when I reboot. I have to go into my display settings each time to correct it. I don't have to actually change the profile in the settings, just the act of opening the settings window makes it correct...
  3. Color Profile Settings Change On Their Own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Color Profile Settings Change On Their Own: I created a custom ICC profile for my monitor, but it doesn't stay applied when I reboot. I have to go into my display settings each time to correct it. I don't have to actually change the profile in the settings, just the act of opening the settings window makes it correct...
  4. Color Profile Settings Change On Their Own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. some icons have their colors changed to black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some icons have their colors changed to black: for example my youtube icon is black my netflix icon is black if someone can please tell me how to fix this it would be very helpful. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-icons-have-their-colors-changed-to-black/b3b40f0c-7bde-4368-bbb2-e8e74a1fb0fd
  6. some icons have their colors changed to black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    some icons have their colors changed to black: for example my youtube icon is black my netflix icon is black if someone can please tell me how to fix this it would be very helpful. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-icons-have-their-colors-changed-to-black/b3b40f0c-7bde-4368-bbb2-e8e74a1fb0fd
  7. Bizarre Color Problems on display Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bizarre Color Problems on display Windows 10: Here's the full story: I left my computer On while sleeping, when I woke up there was a blackout and when the lights came back, I turned the PC On, so far it was fine. After a few minutes of use, the screen started gently flickering blue, to be completely and slightly tinted...
  8. What happened? Start color changed on it's own!

in Windows 10 Customization
    What happened? Start color changed on it's own!: The first pic is the start page image is from my laptop. This is what my desktop also looked like. Today I'm suddenly have problems with the desk top, one being the look of the Start page which has changed to gray on it's own. What's up? There was a recent update. [img]...
  9. Color changed on its own

Color changed on its own: Recent update has made the background in file explorer black. Can I change it back to white? It is very hard on my eyes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-changed-on-its-own/b948612d-ae00-4c54-a358-3194808c09bb
  10. change to default colors for windows 10

change to default colors for windows 10: what to do if I can not resety color back to default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-to-default-colors-for-windows-10/f90c380c-fda0-4fe3-8732-3e7704832359