Windows 10: "Some of your files have been affected by ranswomware" - which files?

Discus and support "Some of your files have been affected by ranswomware" - which files? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I'm running Windows 10 and have 2 OneDrive accounts one business and one personal running on my machine. Upon waking my machine from hibernation... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jackson321, Feb 4, 2021.

1. "Some of your files have been affected by ranswomware" - which files?

Hi,

I'm running Windows 10 and have 2 OneDrive accounts one business and one personal running on my machine. Upon waking my machine from hibernation I noticed that both OneDrive icons in the task window have red warning signs. I click each of them and the usual OneDrive screen opens showing recent changes but at the top is a bright red warning sign below saying:

"Signs of ransomware detected. Windows Defender Antivirus found and removed a threat. Wait until OneDrives is up to date, and then select Restore to restore the files that ransomware encryted."

The problem is that I have no idea what files were encrypted and what threat was detected.

The 'Ransomware Protection' panel in "Windows Security" offers an equally cryptic message under each of the OneDrive instances listed under "Ransomware data recovery":
    "Some of your files have been affected by ransomware"

How do I find out:

1 what the threat was and how it has been dealt with

2 which files Windows believes have been affected

Thanks

: "Some of your files have been affected by ranswomware" - which files? a1f991c8-e551-4e4d-b9e7-8590fddab450?upload=true.jpg

:)

Jackson321, Feb 4, 2021
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Feb 4, 2021
  3. Kreij Win User
    Identical File Finder

@Ford
    I don't think that step #3 is even needed. The probabiliy of two MD5 hashes from differing files colliding is what, 2^-128 ?
    Even if your were hashing a million files the odds of a hash collision on differing files is astronomically small.

Kreij, Feb 4, 2021
  4. AM*
    Am* Win User

"Some of your files have been affected by ranswomware" - which files?

Uber file server build -- suggestions

Uber file server build -- suggestions?

I'm currently in the process of buying stuff for my file server build. Going to try and keep this build all in one thread this time.

Stuff already bought:

• Motherboard (socket 1155 H61)
      RAM (1600MHz)
      PCI SATA cards
      Operating System (Windows 8 + FreeNAS)
      SSD
      CPU (35w Pentium Ivybridge 2.6GHz)
    Looking for suggestions on:

• GPU -- use the on-die GPU or buy a PCI-E graphics card (was thinking of a 7750)? My only requirement is that it is able to run 1080p mkv files and play Blurays without a problem.
      Case -- needs to hold as many 3.5" drives as humanly possible (more than 10 at least), while not being too expensive
      PSU -- needs to be able to run over 40 SATA HDDs as well as 6xPCI RAID cards and 1xPCI-E 2.0 RAID card. Silver, Gold or Platinum?
      CPU Cooler -- fanless or not?
      Case fans
    That's all I can think of for now...unless I'm forgetting something...oh and one more thing -- I will be buying the hard drives two at a time as I run out of space. Also the PCI-E RAID card will be bought a lot later down the line, as I've only just got enough hard drives for 1 out of 6 of my PCI SATA cards.

Any suggestions, feel free to post. Thanks

Thema:

"Some of your files have been affected by ranswomware" - which files?

1. "Some of your files have been affected by ranswomware" - which files? - Similar Threads - files been affected

2. Recent files list shows files which have not been opened by user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent files list shows files which have not been opened by user: Hello,for a couple of days or maybe even weeks I noticed that in my recent files list in Windows Explorer several files appear which I did not actively open. At this moments there are 13 of these files in my list. All of these files seem to be on OneDrive.This concerns me in...
  3. Recent files list shows files which have not been opened by user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent files list shows files which have not been opened by user: Hello,for a couple of days or maybe even weeks I noticed that in my recent files list in Windows Explorer several files appear which I did not actively open. At this moments there are 13 of these files in my list. All of these files seem to be on OneDrive.This concerns me in...
  4. Some programs have been converted to appref-ms files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some programs have been converted to appref-ms files?: I have just encountered a problem where two programs on my laptop have turned into "appref-ms" files, they had to be "downloaded" again when attempting to open them and all the files have been moved in to the AppData folder. The only major change to my laptop I can think of...
  5. Some programs have been converted to appref-ms files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some programs have been converted to appref-ms files?: I have just encountered a problem where two programs on my laptop have turned into "appref-ms" files, they had to be "downloaded" again when attempting to open them and all the files have been moved in to the AppData folder. The only major change to my laptop I can think of...
  6. Some programs have been converted to appref-ms files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows Defender - "Some of your files have been affected by ransomware" - but which files?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender - "Some of your files have been affected by ransomware" - but which files?: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 and have 2 OneDrive accounts one business and one personal running on my machine. Upon waking my machine from hibernation I noticed that both OneDrive icons in the task window have red warning signs. I click each of them and the usual OneDrive...
  8. Hw to find which files are affected by a bad sector?

in Windows 10 Support
    Hw to find which files are affected by a bad sector?: I've just cloned one hard drive to another using Acronis True Image (I've done this many times before). This time I had a handful of bad sector errors on the source drive which I had to ignore in order for the cloning process to continue. I have the bad sector numbers, how...
  9. I have been having some problems which are really strange.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have been having some problems which are really strange.: So here are the problems im having i keep having updates i simply can't install first they seem to download just fine. but at some point they give some error codes. The other problem is that windows keeps reverting settings whenever i restart my computer for example i...
  10. see which apps are affecting your battery life

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    see which apps are affecting your battery life: hi, I like to ask about see which apps are affecting your battery life under settings. When it says show: apps with usage. Microsoft Edge was at 67% from my screenshot. But now, it is up to 68%. I am using Edge right now. Is it because I am using Edge, so that it went from...