Windows 10: some older one drive files on desk top are locked or corrupt - but can access them via...

Discus and support some older one drive files on desk top are locked or corrupt - but can access them via... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; some older one drive files on desk top are locked or corrupt - but can access them via browser - why & how to resolve?its on word excel and pdf docs -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by katharine pumfrey, May 30, 2023.

1. some older one drive files on desk top are locked or corrupt - but can access them via...

some older one drive files on desk top are locked or corrupt - but can access them via browser - why & how to resolve?its on word excel and pdf docs - on the directory there is a little locked symbol on the "office" icon and i get a message saying e.g for a word doc:word experienced an error trying to open the file try these suggestionscheck the file permissions for the document or drivemake sure there is sufficient free memory and disk spaceopen the file with the text recovery converter I cant see anything wrong with permissions, i have plenty of memory and disk space, can find a program

:)

katharine pumfrey, May 30, 2023

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, May 30, 2023
  3. I am having trouble saving a file to my desk top.

I am having trouble saving files to my desk top. Example, I have a spreadsheet ready, file , save as and Desk top is not listed as a choice to save it. My Documents... not there. Where do I go to save the file to my desk top? Desk top is not in my Documents

Florence Pica, May 30, 2023
  4. some older one drive files on desk top are locked or corrupt - but can access them via...

CANNOT DELETE A CORRUPTED FILE ON MY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE ON WINDOWS 10

Hi Leenus,

Hard drive and other external memory storage can be corrupted on account of bad sectors which are no longer accessible or writable due to permanent damage. Your device or hard drive could also be infected by some type of malware. These are some of the possible
    causes why you are experiencing the error "ERROR 0x80070570: The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable". To address this concern, we suggest performing the following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1

Check and repair disk errors or corrupted file system. This process can fix "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" error caused by bad sectors, virus infection or file system corruption. To do so, follow these steps:

• Back up all of the files on the hard drive (except for the corrupted file).
    • Using Search, type CMD.
    • From the search results, right-click on Command Prompt and then choose Run as administrator.
    • On the Command Prompt window, type chkdsk /f h: (h stands for your hard drive) and then hit the Enter key.
    • Delete the corrupted file and check if you'll experience the same error.

Method 2

Format the hard drive. You can manually format the hard drive to permanently remove "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" error. These are the steps on how to format an external drive:

• Plug the hard drive into your computer.
    • Back up all of the files on the hard drive (except for the corrupted file).
    • Open File Explorer and then click This PC.
    • Click the external hard drive's name, click on Manage tab and then click on Format.
    • Click Start and then click OK.

Keep us updated with the result.

Darleen Pen, May 30, 2023
Thema:

some older one drive files on desk top are locked or corrupt - but can access them via...

1. some older one drive files on desk top are locked or corrupt - but can access them via... - Similar Threads - older drive files

2. some older one drive files on desk top are locked or corrupt - but can access them via...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    some older one drive files on desk top are locked or corrupt - but can access them via...: some older one drive files on desk top are locked or corrupt - but can access them via browser - why & how to resolve?its on word excel and pdf docs - on the directory there is a little locked symbol on the "office" icon and i get a message saying e.g for a word doc:word...
  3. some older one drive files on desk top are locked or corrupt - but can access them via...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    some older one drive files on desk top are locked or corrupt - but can access them via...: some older one drive files on desk top are locked or corrupt - but can access them via browser - why & how to resolve?its on word excel and pdf docs - on the directory there is a little locked symbol on the "office" icon and i get a message saying e.g for a word doc:word...
  4. photos locked via One Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos locked via One Drive: This has been asked, I didn't understand the answers as I could not find the One Drive Icon to click. ALL my phots are locked apparently by One Drive--how that happened, beats me. And, within an hour or so of adding a photo, it too is locked. NOT happy as I have hundreds of...
  5. photos locked via One Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photos locked via One Drive: This has been asked, I didn't understand the answers as I could not find the One Drive Icon to click. ALL my phots are locked apparently by One Drive--how that happened, beats me. And, within an hour or so of adding a photo, it too is locked. NOT happy as I have hundreds of...
  6. One Drive Corrupting files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    One Drive Corrupting files: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/onedrive-file-corruption-issues/db4c6e9d-681c-481e-9d1f-bcb4267de968Of course, this is a pretty inadequate answer. Several problems in conjunction with one drive from file deletion to corrupting in running processes while...
  7. desk top

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    desk top: My old desk top with the icon and info is disapperaed ps help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top/c2f6e620-5b0b-4993-a40c-b9aea2f71dda
  8. reset desk top locked by hacker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    reset desk top locked by hacker: Hackers locked my desktop computer. I turned my desktop off by shutting off power. Please walk me through how to reset my desktop. I'd appreciate! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/reset-desk-top-locked-by-hacker/da88e0d5-95c1-458e-851c-f8998e73d83b
  9. desk top

in Windows 10 Customization
    desk top: while trying to copy pictures to put on a flash drive i have somehow put them on my desktop, how do i remove them and not delete them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top/1281a9bf-36ba-4ad2-8803-513bf653ef54
  10. Desk top

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desk top: my desk top has disappeared. All the icons have disappeared. I can log onto the computer into my area of use, but once in nothing comes up. When you click on the home button - it does nit bring up any thing just a whirling ball? Is this my computer going faulty or...