Windows 10: Some options in Control Panel are still in Chinese after changing the system language to...

Discus and support Some options in Control Panel are still in Chinese after changing the system language to... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all My Lenovo laptop was shipped with a Chinese version of Windows 10 installed. I had changed the system language to English but after updating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by johnwzr0113, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Some options in Control Panel are still in Chinese after changing the system language to...

Hi all

My Lenovo laptop was shipped with a Chinese version of Windows 10 installed. I had changed the system language to English but after updating to Windows 10 Version 1809, it reverted back to Chinese. Therefore, I changed it to English again. After restarting my laptop, I found that some options in Control Panel are still in Chinese. I tried setting the language to Chinese, reinstalling the English language pack and then setting it to English but this did not work. The screenshots are attached below. The settings within the options are in English if I click on them.

Thanks Some options in Control Panel are still in Chinese after changing the system language to... b1f96363-c255-4c35-960f-af9b18ee58d8?upload=true.png Some options in Control Panel are still in Chinese after changing the system language to... 59392160-ffc3-4a35-a979-0d9a68826212?upload=true.png

:)

johnwzr0113, Oct 3, 2018

2. Can't change primary language on Chinese laptop

Hi Andy,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience as you are unable to change the language setting on your laptop, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Please follow some of the below troubleshooting steps and check:

Step 1: It seems that Chinese language is set as primary language, the options are grayed out.

Select the English Language in "Add a language" Window in
    Control Panel, and select Move up.

The first language in "Add a language" window in Control Panel
    is your primary language.

Step 2:

I suggest you to install Language Pack and check if it helps:

Language packs

Also, refer to Language Control Panel to change the system language.

Hope it help. Feel free to contact us for further issues on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 5, 2018
  3. I can not change display language

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

I did exactly as you suggested. On the "Region& language" panel, I have Chinese and English languages, and I also have the same language list on the Control>Clock,Language, and Region >Language panel.

However, under Control>Clock, Language, and Region >Language panel>Advanced settings,
    there is no Chinese language option shown under the drop-down list for Override for windows display language.
    I think that is why I can not change the display language.
    But, it has the Chinese language under the drop-down list for Override for default input method.

jiangtao_11, Oct 5, 2018
  4. Some options in Control Panel are still in Chinese after changing the system language to...

Changed Cortana into US English but Still Replied in Chinese

Hi Rynn,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to Remove the Chineselanguage and add it again and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: Remove the Chinese language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Chineselanguage.

• Click on remove under input method.

Step 2: Add ChineseLanguage.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the Chinese language from the given list.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

Some options in Control Panel are still in Chinese after changing the system language to...

1. Some options in Control Panel are still in Chinese after changing the system language to... - Similar Threads - options Control Panel

2. Language is missing in control panel.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Language is missing in control panel.: I want to try the dvorak keyboard layout and I think language in control panel is the only way. submitted by /u/Panical382 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kac2qs/language_is_missing_in_control_panel/
  3. Some of programs is still showing the original language after change the system language in...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some of programs is still showing the original language after change the system language in...: I changed the language of Windows 10 from French to English but after a reboot, there are still a few programs, such as VLC, vim, and other programs that have multilingual support, are showing French. How can I get their language preference to keep updated to the system...
  4. Chinese laptop can't change system language to English

Chinese laptop can't change system language to English: I live in China and I bought a Lenovo laptop in June 2020. The problem is that I can't seem to change the system language at all. I have installed several English language packs, but they can only be used for typing NOT for system display language. In the region/language...
  5. Language option is missing in control panel

Language option is missing in control panel: Why can't find language option in windows 10 1803 version?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-option-is-missing-in-control-panel/beeeaf7a-ee39-449d-906e-84b654df537a
  6. I still have some options in Control Panel in my old language.

I still have some options in Control Panel in my old language.: Today I changed my language from cs-CZ Czech to en-US English but some options in my Control Panel are still in my old one. I changed everything in my region, display language, set as default, and restarted but still nothing. [ATTACH] Cant even uninstall my old one....
  7. some control panel commands are in Chinese but others English

some control panel commands are in Chinese but others English: All language and regional settings are set to English but Control Panel portions are in Chinese as are some task bar rollovers - why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-control-panel-commands-are-in-chinese-but/142ef060-86c7-416b-b54b-26fec60f3100
  8. Incomplete Language Change- some panels stuck on Chinese

in Windows 10 Support
    Incomplete Language Change- some panels stuck on Chinese: I recently purchased a Lenovo notebook in China, it came with Windows 10 Home (Chinese language) Right after the first setup and downloading all the recent updates I purchased the "Pro" upgrade through Settings->Update&security->Activation, in Microsoft Store. The edition...
  9. Installed Language Pack for Chinese but still cant display some chinese characters

Installed Language Pack for Chinese but still cant display some chinese characters: Hi, I have installed the language pack for chinese character but somehow some of the chinese char are still not displaying. Even change the system locale to china but to no avail. [ATTACH]...
  10. Some Control Panel options are not indexed

in Windows 10 Support
    Some Control Panel options are not indexed: I have a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro on my desktop with all updates installed. I like to use Cortana to quickly get to settings and apps, but I noticed for some reason I can't find every system setting via Cortana. For example, searching for "updates" on my wife's laptop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acer e5771 after updating windows 10 build 1809 keyboard delete spacebar and backspace not working