Windows 10: Some Pages Don't Load, Connections Time Out

Discus and support Some Pages Don't Load, Connections Time Out in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Sorry I was out yesterday. I think it is interesting to read this started the day after changing to cloudflare DNS. I goggled timeouts and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Some Pages Don't Load, Connections Time Out

Sorry I was out yesterday.

I think it is interesting to read this started the day after changing to cloudflare DNS. I goggled timeouts and Cloudflare, plenty of recents hits.

Have you tried uninstalling your adapter and allowing windows to re-install?

I would then do a Network reset although the mini tool box does most if not more.

and final I would do an in place repair.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

I know it is after the fact but I would also look into and start using a product like Macrium Reflect. Then you just quickly restore to an earlier time. Saves a lot of grief.

So uninstall adapter, reinstall, network reset and finally an in place repair.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
  2. Reznos Win User

Just today, I have been having a problem connecting to some web pages. When entering some sites to the address bar, no matter the browser, it tries to connect, but eventually times out. Googling said website and using the link there works just fine. I'm still able to use just about everything else just fine, but Steam and online games are also having connection issues. I have not installed anything as of late, and full scans with both Avira and Malwarebytes show no issues. This literally started happening after I got home from work today, and not in the morning when I was using it before.

:)

Reznos, Apr 27, 2018
  3. Problem Loading Page: The connection has timed out

Dear Kem Mon,

I have went through all the steps you suggested, that is why it took so long. Unfortunately the problems with the internet just come and go irrespective of what I try to do.

Mr. Jack Hill, Apr 27, 2018
  4. Some Pages Don't Load, Connections Time Out

Problem Loading Page: The connection has timed out

Hi folks,

I am back with the old problem and hope that one day someone can help me out with this. For awhile I moved back to Windows 8 to see if the internet connection problems (which were unknown originally) get resolved. They did not get, so it does not seem
    to be a Windows 8 or 10 problem. So I am back again to Windows 10.

In short, after opening the Homepage e.g. with Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox, I many times (but not every time) can not navigate to another site, or sometimes the internet connection just crawls, either by using WLAN or LAN cable. My ISP supplies
    me with 100 mb/sec optical connection, and other devices work just fine. My system is up to date, all drivers are updated. I have Intel(R) Driver Update Utility, which keeps the Intel Proset Wireless driver updated.

Many times, internet connection goes with the yellow exclamation mark, and then I run the troubleshooter and it finds that “Default Gateway is Not Awailable” – fixed. But most times, there is no yellow triangle/!, and Troobleshooter cannot identify
    the problem. There are no connectivity issues detected. However, there are many:

I find these errors and warnings with EventViewer:

Error 2017.07.05. 18:16:40
    DistributedCOM 10016 None

The específico/a(s) da aplicação permission settings do not grant Local Ativação permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}

and APPID

{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}

to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Com LRPC) running in the application container Indisponível SID (Indisponível). This security permission can be modified using
    the Component Services administrative tool.

(it is funny that is in mixed English-Portuguese…)

Error 2017.07.05. 13:46:54
    DistributedCOM 10010 None

The server {784E29F4-5EBE-4279-9948-1E8FE941646D} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Warning 2017.07.05. 13:43:49
    DeviceSetupManager 201 None

A connection to the Windows Metadata and Internet Services (WMIS) could not be established.

DeviceSetupManager 202 None

The Network List Manager reports no connectivity to the internet.

DeviceSetupManager 200 None

A connection to the Windows Update service could not be established.

Warning 2017.07.05. 9:37:09
    DNS Client Events 1014 (1014)

Name resolution for the name wpad timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

DeviceSetupManager 200 None

WLAN Extensibility Module has stopped.

Module Path: C:\Windows\System32\IWMSSvc.dll

Error 2017.07.04. 21:23:39 Service Control Manager
    7034 None

The Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Zero Configuration Service service terminated unexpectedly.
    It has done this 1 time(s).

Warning 2017.07.04. 21:23:39
    AFD 16002 None

Closing a UDP socket with local port number 53329 in process 2596 is taking longer than expected. The local port number may not be available until the close operation is completed. This happens typically due to misbehaving network drivers. Ensure latest
    updates are installed for Windows and any third-party networking software including NIC drivers, firewalls, or other security products.

Error 2017.07.04. 21:23:38
    Application Error 1000 (100)

Faulting application name: ZeroConfigService.exe, version: 19.60.0.0, time stamp: 0x58d16fa6

(ZeroConfigService stands for Intel® PROSet/Wireless Zero Configure Service)

Faulting module name: ZeroConfigService.exe, version: 19.60.0.0, time stamp: 0x58d16fa6

Exception code: 0xc0000409

Fault offset: 0x000000000022af80

Faulting process id: 0x1248

Faulting application start time: 0x01d2f4ddec63de38

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\ZeroConfigService.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\ZeroConfigService.exe

Report Id: 1a505b00-0002-43ca-a3d7-73cde27d815d

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Warning 2017.07.04. 21:23:29
    AFD 16002 None

Warning 2017.07.04. 21:23:17
    AFD 16002 None

Warning 2017.07.04. 21:23:05
    AFD 16002 None

Warning 2017.07.04. 21:22:29
    AFD 16002 None

Warning 2017.07.04. 21:22:29
    AFD 16002 None

Warning 2017.07.04. 21:19:33
    AFD 16002 None

Warning 2017.07.04. 21:19:20
    AFD 16002 None

Warning 2017.07.04. 21:19:20
    AFD 16002 None

Warning 2017.07.04. 21:19:19
    AFD 16002 None

Warning 2017.07.04. 21:19:18
    AFD 16002 None

Warning 2017.07.04. 21:19:18
    AFD 16002 None

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System File Checker finds no problem:

C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.

Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My laptop's specs:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Education

Version 10.0.15063 Build 15063

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

TOSHIBA SATELLITE P70-A x64-based PC

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date Insyde Corp. 1.60, 2014.12.04. (latest)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB

Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB

Available Physical Memory 11.4 GB

Total Virtual Memory 36.2 GB

Available Virtual Memory 31.4 GB

Page File Space 20.3 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Device Guard Virtualization based security Not enabled

Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not InstantGo, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s)
    detected, TPM is not usable

Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions
    Yes

Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes

Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

Mr. Jack Hill, Apr 27, 2018
  5. Hi Reznos

Not sure which browser you are using but what ever it is clear your old browsing data. If some of your sites are logging you in through retained cookies know your passwords before clearing. I would clear Cached Images and files and cookies.

Might also suggest that you power cycle router, shut it off, count to twenty, restart.

Caledon Ken, Apr 27, 2018
  6. Reznos Win User
    This issue happens with Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge. They all have the same issue.

Power cycling the router and restarting all connected devices did not fix the issue.

Reznos, Apr 27, 2018
  7. You could try these four commands. Use a Command Prompt(admin) or Powershell(admin)
    Do not key in info in brackets, there for your information.

ipconfig /flushdns (Clear the dns cache)
    nbtstat -RR (release and refesh NetBIOS names)
    netsh int ip reset (reset ip settings)
    netsh winsock reset (Reset Winsock Catalog)

8. Reznos Win User

Some Pages Don't Load, Connections Time Out

That seems to have resolved some of the websites, but there are still some that time out, and online gaming is still impossible.

Reznos, Apr 27, 2018
  9. Can I ask what possible changes have been made?

Software / Hardware, new AV?

What updates did Windows deliver to you? especially Drivers which are listed at bottom of update history?

Might try disabling AV as a test.

Might also hold shift key down and click shutdown so you get a fresh copy of Windows. While power down unplug mains from wall. Press power button for 20 secs. Plug back into wall and power up device.

10. Reznos Win User
    So doing those produced no results either. At this point, I'm not sure if it's something going on with my ISP or not.

As for updates, the last drivers were Apple USB device drivers on 4/27/2018, twice, for some reason. I'm unsure if this is the cause of these issues or not. This problem is even preventing me from downloading an available update as well, even manually.

Reznos, Apr 27, 2018
  11. Callender Win User
    Callender, Apr 27, 2018
  12. Reznos Win User
    My DNS was set to Cloudflare's about a day prior to the incident happening. Changing to Google's DNS did not resolve the issue, so I switched back. Router has also been reset, to no success.

Reznos, Apr 27, 2018
  13. Callender Win User

Post a link to a site that you cannot connect to.

Callender, Apr 27, 2018
  14. Callender Win User
    If not a DNS issue (which would affect all browsers) I reckon it's likely down to security software. What do you use?

Callender, Apr 27, 2018
  15. Callender Win User
    Callender, Apr 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Some Pages Don't Load, Connections Time Out - Similar Threads - Pages Don't Load

2. "Connection has timed out"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Connection has timed out": I get "Connection has timed out" on some websites that fail to open, I flushed the dns and renewed but that did not work how can this be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connection-has-timed-out/6f881cdc-cdf2-4d6a-930d-f26b49957d97
  3. The connection has timed out

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The connection has timed out: after waking the computer i have to go thru two of theese The connection has timed out An error occurred during a connection to photoinspection.info. The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments. If you are unable to load any pages,...
  4. The connection has timed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The connection has timed out: after waking the computer i have to go thru two of theese The connection has timed out An error occurred during a connection to photoinspection.info. The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments. If you are unable to load any pages,...
  5. pages don't load with chrome. and it is so slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pages don't load with chrome. and it is so slow: THere is difficulty loading webssites on my laptopthe last time this happened was after an update was put on from you. Exact same thing. I don't know if that has to do with it.I am not willing to do a system restore etc.The CPU is at 100 pecent when the pages don't load and...
  6. pages don't load with chrome. and it is so slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pages don't load with chrome. and it is so slow: THere is difficulty loading webssites on my laptopthe last time this happened was after an update was put on from you. Exact same thing. I don't know if that has to do with it.I am not willing to do a system restore etc.The CPU is at 100 pecent when the pages don't load and...
  7. pages don't load with chrome. and it is so slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows 10 Settings pages don't load

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Settings pages don't load: I received a notification saying something about an update and not all features were able to load. When I clicked on the notification the settings screen opened but there was no error message. I went to Windows Update to see if there were any pending updates but the screen...
  9. Wireless Connections timing out?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Connections timing out?: The wireless connection to my casting device keeps timing out after a few hours or whenever I put the computer in sleep mode and try to reconnect it will not reconnect unless I restart the entire computer. It's not the the casting device because I'm still able to connect and...
  10. Connection to server times out

in Browsers and Email
    Connection to server times out: I am running Thunderbird as my email proxy and the other day I kept getting 'Connection to server timed out'. Initially I thought it may be the Thunderbird software but after re downloading it again the problem still persisted. I downloaded another email proxy - still the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. webpage not awailable how to fix this problem