Windows 10: Some pictures doesnt have date taken field in properties.

Discus and support Some pictures doesnt have date taken field in properties. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. I have some photos on my PC that doesnt have "date taken" field and other fields about origin, camera etc.in properties. Vast majority of them have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PeterKovac, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Some pictures doesnt have date taken field in properties.

Hi. I have some photos on my PC that doesnt have "date taken" field and other fields about origin, camera etc.in properties. Vast majority of them have that but some dont. So I am unable to set that date manually in order to sort them by that date. Pictures with and without that problem are in the same folder. I am wondering why and how to fix it. It seem like windows doesnt recognize them as photos but there is no other problem with them, they show thumbnails as photos etc. The only problem is missing mentioned fields.

:)

PeterKovac, Mar 17, 2021
  2. susiedav Win User

How to edit the time in the "Date Taken" field under properties of an image.

Hello,

I am looking for some guidance please on how to edit the time in the "Date Taken" field on the properties of an image. I am working on Windows 10 and when I get into the field by right clicking on the image and selecting properties, I can edit the date in
    the "Date Taken" field but there is no option to edit the time. From researching online, I see this used to be done via Windows Live Photo Gallery. As this is no longer available on Windows, how do I change the time in the "Date Taken" field?

All advice welcome and preferably suggestions that do not involve 3rd party apps. This can surely be done somehow through Windows itself?

Thanks.

susiedav, Mar 17, 2021
  3. randybw57 Win User
    Is 'Date Taken' field available?

Here is what I believe is going on:

1. There is no Search function. For this field or anything else.

2. The Date Taken field is available for viewing under some conditions.

a. If the Date Taken field is not blank, then the Photos app displays this field as 'Date'.

b. If the Date Taken field is blank, the Photos app substitutes data from another field for 'Date'. Not sure what that field is. Could be the Windows file system date. Or maybe the Date Modified field from the jpeg data.

I'd like to see the 'File Info' information extended like this:

1. Make all the jpeg data available.

2. Use an approach like File Explorer/View/Add Columns so we could select which fields to see.

3. Save our selections across sessions.

I'd like to see the Search function added with enough function to do this:

1. Let's says I have a large number of jpegs and I want to find all of the pictures that have all of these:

a. Keyword Tag = Ross

b. Keyword Tag = Rachel

c. Date Taken = 5/15/2003

2. I could start by clicking the tag for 'Ross'.

3. That shows me all of the images with that tag.

4. And also shows me the tags in that subset.

5. I click the 'Rachel' tag.

6. Now I see all the photos with both Ross and Rachel.

7. Finally, I click the Date Taken of 5/15/2003.

8. Giving me just those images taken that day of Ross & Rachel.

9. From there I could create something. Collection, Album, etc.

Those would make for some very nice enhancements.

randybw57, Mar 17, 2021
  4. randybw57 Win User

Some pictures doesnt have date taken field in properties.

Is 'Date Taken' field available?

Is the jpeg 'Date Taken' field available for viewing/searching?

This field is available as a Column choice in File Explorer.

I did a right click/File Info while looking at an image.

I see some of the jpeg related info - like Dimensions, Shot, ISO.

I'd like to see the Date Taken field if it available somewhere in the app.

Thanks for any help or advice.

randybw57, Mar 17, 2021
Thema:

Some pictures doesnt have date taken field in properties.

1. Some pictures doesnt have date taken field in properties. - Similar Threads - pictures doesnt date

2. Date Taken field not showing seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Date Taken field not showing seconds: I'm trying to organize photos from different devices, and I'm a bit "finicky" about date/time accuracy, I'm using third party software but it crashes often, and would like to know if there is any possible way to see the seconds of Date Taken Pictures, or Media Created Videos...
  3. Date Taken field not showing seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Date Taken field not showing seconds: I'm trying to organize photos from different devices, and I'm a bit "finicky" about date/time accuracy, I'm using third party software but it crashes often, and would like to know if there is any possible way to see the seconds of Date Taken Pictures, or Media Created Videos...
  4. Date Taken field is cleared when editing with Windows Photo in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Date Taken field is cleared when editing with Windows Photo in Windows 11: I recently moved to a new computer that has Windows 11. After downloading pictures from my camera, I look at them in a File Explorer View->Details that I've added the "Date Taken" field. I double click on the photo to bring it up Microsoft photos. I edit the photo control-e...
  5. Date Taken field is cleared when editing with Windows Photo in Windows 11

Date Taken field is cleared when editing with Windows Photo in Windows 11: I recently moved to a new computer that has Windows 11. After downloading pictures from my camera, I look at them in a File Explorer View->Details that I've added the "Date Taken" field. I double click on the photo to bring it up Microsoft photos. I edit the photo control-e...
  6. MS Photos app view by Date Taken, but .mov don't have Date Taken attribute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Photos app view by Date Taken, but .mov don't have Date Taken attribute: I've been Googling this for hours but haven't come up with anything useful. I've just imported 1,190 files, mostly .jpgs, with 70 .movIn MS Photos app, I can view by "Date Taken" or "Recently Added". None of the .mov files have a Date Taken attribute or value, so they all...
  7. MS Photos app view by Date Taken, but .mov don't have Date Taken attribute

MS Photos app view by Date Taken, but .mov don't have Date Taken attribute: I've been Googling this for hours but haven't come up with anything useful. I've just imported 1,190 files, mostly .jpgs, with 70 .movIn MS Photos app, I can view by "Date Taken" or "Recently Added". None of the .mov files have a Date Taken attribute or value, so they all...
  8. date created field

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    date created field: I am trying to save a pdf document using Acrobat Reader DC, but each time I do so, both the date modifiedand the date created fields change as seen on Windows Explorer. I understand that the date modified changes. That's fine. But why does the date created field change...
  9. Photo App ignoring Date Taken of pictures

Photo App ignoring Date Taken of pictures: I file my Pictures in folders for Year. Within the Year, pictures are filed by Date Taken. When I open the Photo App, the pictures are listed by Year, but not in Date Taken sequence. Win 10 up to date Bill...
  10. How Do I Store Pictures and Video and Not have them Scrambled Up by Date Taken having to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How Do I Store Pictures and Video and Not have them Scrambled Up by Date Taken having to...: I am again trying to use a Laptop with Windows 10 and It Is Nothing Even Close to How Windows 7 Pro WAS as to Storinga d Giving Folders / Files - "Names". Now I have to Sort Through the 390 Images and Pick those I was in a Seperate Folder / File because they are Scrambled...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to solve specify date taken pictures on pc