Windows 10: Some pictures show icon instead of preview freshly downloaded images show preview

Discus and support Some pictures show icon instead of preview freshly downloaded images show preview in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I haven't seen a post with the same situation, I tried to disable the option that lets you see icons instead of previews in the file explorer settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gummybears8900, Jul 5, 2022.

1. Some pictures show icon instead of preview freshly downloaded images show preview

I haven't seen a post with the same situation, I tried to disable the option that lets you see icons instead of previews in the file explorer settings

:)

gummybears8900, Jul 5, 2022

2. Windows 10 preview pane does not show image previews

I have file explorer open, preview pane is selected. No matter what layout I choose the image file does not show in the preview pane. Large icons, list, it does not show either way.

Any thoughts and ideas?

MatthewS72, Jul 5, 2022
  3. v1ktor Win User
    "Show thumbnails instead of icons" disables preview pane

I was trying to reduce performance issues in Windows 11 and noticed that "Show thumbnails instead of icons" option in the Performance settings, disables not only thumbnail previews instead of icons but also the preview pane. If this is expected behavior, this option should be renamed to include "preview pane". Otherwise, this seems more like a bug if thumbnail previews instead of icons is the only thing that should be disabled.

Can someone elaborate on this? Is this expected behavior or a bug?

Some pictures show icon instead of preview freshly downloaded images show preview e293e6a7-3c8e-46b4-9fa1-56e468b2b089?upload=true.png

v1ktor, Jul 5, 2022
  4. Some pictures show icon instead of preview freshly downloaded images show preview

Picture folder icons no longer show the preview

In my picture file, the small, large, x-large icons no longer display the picture.

Been going on for a couple months and even the preview doesnt show it.

Picture will appear when clicked on to open.

Unsure when this started or what update may have affected it.

DianeMichalik, Jul 5, 2022
Thema:

Some pictures show icon instead of preview freshly downloaded images show preview

1. Some pictures show icon instead of preview freshly downloaded images show preview - Similar Threads - pictures show icon

2. Some pictures show icon instead of preview freshly downloaded images show preview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some pictures show icon instead of preview freshly downloaded images show preview: I haven't seen a post with the same situation, I tried to disable the option that lets you see icons instead of previews in the file explorer settings...
  3. "Show thumbnails instead of icons" disables preview pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Show thumbnails instead of icons" disables preview pane: I was trying to reduce performance issues in Windows 11 and noticed that "Show thumbnails instead of icons" option in the Performance settings, disables not only thumbnail previews instead of icons but also the preview pane. If this is expected behavior, this option should be...
  4. "Show thumbnails instead of icons" disables preview pane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Show thumbnails instead of icons" disables preview pane: I was trying to reduce performance issues in Windows 11 and noticed that "Show thumbnails instead of icons" option in the Performance settings, disables not only thumbnail previews instead of icons but also the preview pane. If this is expected behavior, this option should be...
  5. Previews not showing for some files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Previews not showing for some files.: Some files in my computer don't show previews no matter what I do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/previews-not-showing-for-some-files/a978240e-7d20-4bf9-b6ec-8fbc754fdafd
  6. Pictures wont show previews

Pictures wont show previews: If anyone else has that problem and has tried fixing it by deleting the cashe of thumbnails and by unchecking the "never show thumbnails, only icons" box. Maybe you could try selecting all the pics that dont show the preview, rotate all of them to the left, this made mine...
  7. Image Previews Not Showing

Image Previews Not Showing: Kind Regards, I recently had a clean reinstall of Win10 and ever since then, my image preview thumbnails are not showing. I have followed just about any instruction in this forum and in other threads to try and fix this problem but I just can`t solve it. My folder...
  8. Generic icons showing instead of pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Generic icons showing instead of pictures: I am a Windows 10 user. Some of the icons are not showing pictures on the thumbnails, just a generic icon. Other images are showing. It's a mixture. The correct view options are checked/unchecked and the problem persist on any size icon. Can you help me with this issue?...
  9. Windows 10 pictures not showing previews/thumbnails and instead showing icons? Check this...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 pictures not showing previews/thumbnails and instead showing icons? Check this...: Hello, I wanted to share a personal problem that I couldn't solve for a while now but now have; The problem was that I couldn't view any pictures without their previews/thumbnails showing- Instead an icon would pop up Below there is an example of what would appear instead...
  10. Most of my pictures have stopped showing icons (previews of the pictures)

Most of my pictures have stopped showing icons (previews of the pictures): Most of my pictures have stopped showing icons (previews of the pictures) I have tried every "fix" that I can find by google and nothing has helped. I am using Windows 10. One site said Windows 10 is known for doing this. I tried clearing the cache. I made sure that the...