Windows 10: some probably related power issues

Discus and support some probably related power issues in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've been having a few different problems with my computer since a hardware upgrade. the first problem I have been having is my computer takes 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Tropheus Jay, Mar 7, 2020.

1. some probably related power issues

I've been having a few different problems with my computer since a hardware upgrade.

the first problem I have been having is my computer takes 2 attempts to boot. example situation: wake up in the morning, turn computer on. BIOS posts, windows 10 logo appears, but fades to black quickly. computer is still on, but nothing will change. hold power button, reboot, works perfect. the weird part is what happens next: if I turn it off and back on, it boots fine. if I turn it off and turn it on again 45 minutes later, it wont work. there are many variations of this, including:

1. boots first try but is very low resolution very rare

2. on the second boot my 2 separate backgrounds get set to the same thingrare

3. works perfect first try I've had it happen ONCE

my second problem is when I put my computer to sleep. I put it to sleep from the start menu, and it looks normal, until I start it again. It looks like it works, but it stays on a black screen. after 30 seconds, it reboots.

:)

Tropheus Jay, Mar 7, 2020

2. power issue

Hello,

Most of the time, this issue is caused by external devices that are possibly keeping the PC active which then results in the screen/display not turning off even after you've set the power settings. Try disconnecting any external devices, usually gaming devices,
    and check if the issue persists.

We also suggest running the Power troubleshooter to automatically troubleshoot any power issue. Just follow the steps below:

• Click on Search/Cortana, and then type Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Mar 7, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 power issue

Hi Adithyaram,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps bellow and check if it helps

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Power troubleshooter

Method 2: I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website. Both Display
    driver and Audio drivers.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Mar 7, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

some probably related power issues

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

some probably related power issues

1. some probably related power issues - Similar Threads - probably related power

2. BSOD Errors probably related to SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Errors probably related to SSD: Have experienced twice a BSOD in during the evening, both time i can find hints that SSD driver? could be involved. Please help understangind the dump files and finding and fixing the cuase of this error. Copying content from one of the crash dumps:************ Preparing the...
  3. BSOD Errors probably related to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Errors probably related to SSD: Have experienced twice a BSOD in during the evening, both time i can find hints that SSD driver? could be involved. Please help understangind the dump files and finding and fixing the cuase of this error. Copying content from one of the crash dumps:************ Preparing the...
  4. Insanely Slow Download Speeds, Probably Due To Software-Related Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Insanely Slow Download Speeds, Probably Due To Software-Related Issue: Hi all, I believe that there is something wrong with my Windows 10 laptop that is causing incredibly slow download speeds. I have 200 Mbps internet via Xfinity, and am getting download speeds in the 100-400 Kbps realm. There is nothing wrong with my modem. This also happens...
  5. Insanely Slow Download Speeds, Probably Due To Software-Related Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Insanely Slow Download Speeds, Probably Due To Software-Related Issue: Hi all, I believe that there is something wrong with my Windows 10 laptop that is causing incredibly slow download speeds. I have 200 Mbps internet via Xfinity, and am getting download speeds in the 100-400 Kbps realm. There is nothing wrong with my modem. This also happens...
  6. Insanely Slow Download Speeds, Probably Due To Software-Related Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Related to some scan and antivirus issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Related to some scan and antivirus issue: Whenever I scan in my anti malware it comes there SAntivirus still i haven't installed any kind of this and my anti malware software is unable to clean or remove this. But I downloaded M Caffe in the past and now i am using quickheal....
  8. Related To Some Performance Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Related To Some Performance Issues: I have Windows 10 version 1903 installed on my laptop with specifications as follows :- Intel i3 2348M @ 2.30 GHz 6GB DDR3 RAM 500 GB Hard Disk I have these all installed into my laptop but my laptop is lagging . I tried using the tips on this link...
  9. Related To Some Performance Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Related To Some Performance Issues: I have Windows 10 version 1903 installed on my laptop with specifications as follows :- Intel i3 2348M @ 2.30 GHz 6GB DDR3 RAM 500 GB Hard Disk I have these all installed into my laptop but my laptop is lagging . I tried using the tips on this link...
  10. A number of problems, probably related

in Windows 10 Support
    A number of problems, probably related: I am facing the following problems: 1. Cannot start windows defender real-time protection: Shows error code 0x800705b4 (attached) All options in Settings are unavailable (attached) 2. Cannot start Malwarebyte Antimalware real-time protection Said "access denied"...