Windows 10: Some problems with a keyboard layout I can't get rid of

Discus and support Some problems with a keyboard layout I can't get rid of in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As linguistics is a hobby of mine, I recently decided to install the Keyman app to get an IPA keyboard layout. I installed it on my standard language... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Purple_Purpur, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Some problems with a keyboard layout I can't get rid of

As linguistics is a hobby of mine, I recently decided to install the Keyman app to get an IPA keyboard layout. I installed it on my standard language (British English) and another keyboard appeared, using the US-INTL keyboard layout, which I can't get rid of using the normal route (Settings --> Language & Time --> etc.). Any help would be appreciated!

submitted by /u/Purple_Purpur
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Purple_Purpur, Jan 14, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Cannot remove Keyboard Layout

Hi,

It is possible that you need to configure your keyboard layout that is why you still see it in the list even you already remove it. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps on this

thread
    provided by DikkeryDok last October 27, 2017 to remove the specific keyboard layout you are referring to.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Wrong keyboard layout in login page after update to 1607

Hi,

Since the issue reoccurred after updating to anniversary update, I suggest you to reconfigure the QWERTY keyboard layout and check if the same issue persists. This is to check if the issue is with Windows 10 1607 update.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to configure the keyboard layout:

• Open Settings and click on Time and Language.
    • Click on Region and Language.
    • Add the Country and click on add a language and select the language of your choice.
    • This will take time to download the pack.
    • Once this is done, Press Windows key + Space and press Space key to choose the keyboard layout.
    Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Swapna S Win User

Some problems with a keyboard layout I can't get rid of

IME with various keyboard layouts

Hi Sean,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing in changing the
    keyboard layout. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur, if you have selected any default language for keyboard layout.

Follow below mentioned step to change the keyboard layout Language.

• Press and Hold Windows key + space bar key from your keyboard.

• On right corner of your desktop, you will see a small pop windows that shows keyboard layout Language.

• Using down and up arrow keys, you can change the keyboard layout Language.
    Please get back us, if you are still facing issue
    in changing the keyboard layout language.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Some problems with a keyboard layout I can't get rid of

1. Some problems with a keyboard layout I can't get rid of - Similar Threads - problems keyboard layout

2. How do I get rid of this extra keyboard layout for good?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of this extra keyboard layout for good?: This extra keyboard layout keeps coming back however many times I delete it.As you can see in the screenshot, I have 3 languages installed EN, PT and GE. For some unknown reason, the EN keyboard keeps doubling up and downloading an extra layout. If I remove the...
  3. How do I get rid of this extra keyboard layout for good?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of this extra keyboard layout for good?: This extra keyboard layout keeps coming back however many times I delete it.As you can see in the screenshot, I have 3 languages installed EN, PT and GE. For some unknown reason, the EN keyboard keeps doubling up and downloading an extra layout. If I remove the...
  4. How to get rid of additional input methods keyboard layouts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of additional input methods keyboard layouts: Hello,I have several keyboard layouts between which I can switch with WindowsKey + space-bar.They show up as well in the notification area of the taskbar.I do not need them; I have only one keyboard with only one layout, and even if I may type in another language at times, I...
  5. How to get rid of additional input methods keyboard layouts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of additional input methods keyboard layouts: Hello,I have several keyboard layouts between which I can switch with WindowsKey + space-bar.They show up as well in the notification area of the taskbar.I do not need them; I have only one keyboard with only one layout, and even if I may type in another language at times, I...
  6. Keyboard layout - Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard layout - Problem: Hi all,I've got a problem with my keyboard layout.The following keys aren't working anymore which i'm sure of : q,z, capslock, TAB , ESC , nearly all F functions. and some keys have a different function such as "=@ , @=".I´ve tried a lot of standard solutions:1 Alt shift2...
  7. I can't delete keyboard layouts!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't delete keyboard layouts!: Hello, I have a custom layout but I have a problem... My problem is that there are two keyboard layouts on windows that will not go away... I've tried everything (even the registry edit method) It's a pain because of my particular layout... See the images attached here......
  8. Can't get rid of US Keyboard

Can't get rid of US Keyboard: I tryed to get rid of the US Keyboard option but it is not going away. In the settings I have 2 Keybord Input types: A Englisch one with qwertz and a German one with qwertz But in the taskbar there now is a 3rd for no aperent reson. a Englisch qwerty. Can i get rid of...
  9. Third keyboard layout appeared, cannot get rid of it.

Third keyboard layout appeared, cannot get rid of it.: After the recent update to 1909 or 1903, the usual US+HU layouts I use were replaced by ENG/US+ENG/HU+HUN. Both on my desktop and notebook. The system settings do not reflect it, there are just the two old layouts. I tried deleting, re-adding them, every time I am presented...
  10. Keyboard layout problem

Keyboard layout problem: Hello, I hava a dell g7 with japanese keyboard and Japanese Windows 10 1809 (pro). I installed all the language packs to add english and italian languages and inputs, so now I have a completely english OS + italian and japanese. The problem I have is that the physical...