Windows 10: Some processes are consuming too much ram

Discus and support Some processes are consuming too much ram in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there! I am on the latest version of windows 11 and I am facing this issue recently. When I boot up, the ram consumed is most by Desktop windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rigel-07, Oct 28, 2022.

1. Rigel-07 Win User

Some processes are consuming too much ram

Hi there! I am on the latest version of windows 11 and I am facing this issue recently. When I boot up, the ram consumed is most by Desktop windows manager now this process has been consuming ram lately never saw it in first place utilizing so much of ram - about 200mb, Antimalware Service Executable as always, I have tried so many fixes but this process wont stop consuming about 200mb of ram even when idle, windows explorer for this too, I never saw explorer in the top programs consuming so much memory - about 150-200mb and lastly Windows Input experience seen this recently consuming a

:)

Rigel-07, Oct 28, 2022
  2. Roan T Win User

Where is my RAM?

Hi,

Cache stored on Windows
    10 restricts your PC
    from working efficiently. If there is a continuous and high volume of cached read requests from any process or from any
    driver, the working set (the number of memory pages in the physical RAM)
    size of the system file cache will grow to meet this demand.
    The system file cache consumes the physical RAM. Therefore, sufficient
    amounts of physical RAM are not available for other processes.

On 64-bit versions of Windows operating systems, the size of the virtual address range is typically larger than
    the physical RAM. In this situation, the working set for the system file cache can increase to consume most of the physical RAM.

We suggest that you clear caches on your Windows 10 computer to resolve memory usage issues. Few things that you
    can try clearing are the Windows Store and Temp Files caches. Check out the steps below:

How to clear the Windows Store cache:

• Press
      Windows + R keys to open a
      Run prompt.

• Type
      WSReset.exe
      into the text box, then click
      OK.

How to clear the Temp Files cache:

• Open the
      Start menu.

• Type
      Disk Cleanup, then
      press Enter.

• Under the
      Disk Cleanup tab, uncheck all boxes except for
      Temporary Files, then click
      OK.

Hope the above information helps.
    Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Oct 28, 2022
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Oct 28, 2022
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 28, 2022
Thema:

1. Some processes are consuming too much ram - Similar Threads - processes are consuming

2. "Start" process consuming too much RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Start" process consuming too much RAM: Lately some of my apps started to crash because of insufficient memory. When I checked the task manager, I saw that the "Start" process was eating about 4GB's of RAM. I killed the process and it did go back to normal. But it happens every once in a while with seemingly no...
  3. "Start" process consuming too much RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Start" process consuming too much RAM: Lately some of my apps started to crash because of insufficient memory. When I checked the task manager, I saw that the "Start" process was eating about 4GB's of RAM. I killed the process and it did go back to normal. But it happens every once in a while with seemingly no...
  4. GameDVR and Broadcast Consume RAM too much

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GameDVR and Broadcast Consume RAM too much: I found that GameDVR and Broadcast user services with the name svchost.exe Service Host: GameDVR and Broadcast User Service_987b0 eats up a lot of the remaining RAM. It will even take up more than 6GB of RAM when I run a game or even Idle. I have even turned off the "Record...
  5. GameDVR and Broadcast Consume RAM too much

GameDVR and Broadcast Consume RAM too much: I found that GameDVR and Broadcast user services with the name svchost.exe Service Host: GameDVR and Broadcast User Service_987b0 eats up a lot of the remaining RAM. It will even take up more than 6GB of RAM when I run a game or even Idle. I have even turned off the "Record...
  6. Some processes are consuming too much ram

Some processes are consuming too much ram: Hi there! I am on the latest version of windows 11 and I am facing this issue recently. When I boot up, the ram consumed is most by Desktop windows manager now this process has been consuming ram lately never saw it in first place utilizing so much of ram - about 200mb,...
  7. DCOM Server Process Launcher consuming too much RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DCOM Server Process Launcher consuming too much RAM: Every time I start up my notebook, I notice that a process named "DCOM server process launcher" starts hogging up my RAM, at an approximate rate of 0.1 MB per second. Right now, it is using almost 2GB of RAM. I feel that it might be a memory leak or a virus, but Avast and...
  8. Too much RAM?

in Windows 10 Support
    Too much RAM?: Hi, I have a question, it goes like this: My Acer A3 Notebook with Ryzen 5 3500U+8GB RAM+Radeon Vega Graphics, is using 70 % ram but almost no cpu up to 20% when I listen to Roon+ProtonVPN on+Browsing with Chrome. I have many programs installed but not that many I would...
  9. Consuming too much data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Consuming too much data: My windows 10 laptop is consuming too much data and when i checked the data usage i found thatsetuphost.exe is the one which is consuming the entire data. It nearly consumed 100mb in less than 1minute.since i have daily data limit please help me to control my data usage....
  10. Brand new laptop consuming too much RAM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brand new laptop consuming too much RAM: Hello, I upgraded from and old dell laptop to a Huawei Matebook 13, I've had a good experience without any issues, except for a single one. I haven't installed much stuff, the startup applications are just the most basic ones, and even like that, and without running anything,...