Windows 10: Some program tend to lock up when input is attempted

Discus and support Some program tend to lock up when input is attempted in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On some applications, (STEAM, for one), whenever there is a request for user input--the user presses a key, and the application goes into NOT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by robertd903, Jul 6, 2021.

1. Some program tend to lock up when input is attempted

On some applications, (STEAM, for one), whenever there is a request for user input--the user presses a key, and the application goes into NOT RESPONDING mode. Why??? Windows 10 64-bit Version: 20H2 Build: 19042.1081

:)

robertd903, Jul 6, 2021
  2. DrPepper Win User

Best way to keep vista clean and healthy

Yeah just caught it there.

I'm going to attempt to have a step by step guide on how to use these programs efficiently.

DrPepper, Jul 6, 2021
  3. Enabling input indicator on lock screen and taskbar

Hi,

For you to enable the input indicator or language bar on lock screen and task bar, follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Windows key and select Control Panel.
    • Look for Language, then click it to open.
    • On the left pane, click Advance settings.
    • Under Switching input methods, tick the option Use the desktop language bar when it's available.
    • Click Save to save the changes.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 6, 2021
  4. Some program tend to lock up when input is attempted

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jul 6, 2021
Thema:

Some program tend to lock up when input is attempted

1. Some program tend to lock up when input is attempted - Similar Threads - program tend lock

2. Keyboard input not detected by some programs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard input not detected by some programs: I have just installed Windows on my new computer and after restarting, Windows Search, Explorer and Settings do not register any keyboard input. Every other program, works perfectly fine, except for those three listed above and it's extremely annoying to the point that it's...
  3. Some programs not showing up in search

in Cortana
    Some programs not showing up in search: I recently had to do a clean install of windows, and when I redownloaded some programs, specifically NordVPN and uTorrent, they don't show up when I search for them. I have done an index already, but it did not work....
  4. "Open with" not showing up for some programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Open with" not showing up for some programs: Hey everybody Title really says everything basically theres a program where the option to "open with" isn't there. Though its still there on almost every other program. Can anyone help? submitted by /u/Flexion16 [link] [comments]...
  5. Keyboard Input Stuttering and Input Locking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Input Stuttering and Input Locking: I am having 2 similar issues involving my keyboard: When doing normal tasks typing documents, searching through YouTube, etc. my keyboard inputs stutter, when I type a full word the cursor freezes for a second then updates and inputs all of the previous letters I typed....
  6. Can i get some input on Reliability and Legitimacy of programs?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can i get some input on Reliability and Legitimacy of programs?: on a 0-10 scale, give some of your input on the reliability/legitimacy of websites or products like 2-spyware.com , novirus.uk , malwarebytes, spyhunter 5, reimage repair, HitManpro, AdwCleaner? thanks!...
  7. Programs locking-up HELP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs locking-up HELP: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Lyn_The_2nd [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/epl707/programs_lockingup_help/
  8. Stuttering when opening some programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuttering when opening some programs: Hello! First of all sorry for my bad english. I have heavy stuttering for a couple of seconds when i open some programs and i noticed that this could be related to hardware accelleration. I think this because I had this problem on almost every program but i magically solved...
  9. Internet stops working when attempting to download programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet stops working when attempting to download programs: Didn't know where to ask this but I cannot find anything online about this and I really need this problem fixed. Just installed Windows 10. Every single time I go to install a program my internet stops working. Wifi still works but my lan connection fails. It takes some...
  10. Programs freeze up when I try to input using Japanese IME

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs freeze up when I try to input using Japanese IME: Hello, I don't really know how to open up so I'll just get straight to the point. As the thread title might suggest, every time I try to input Japanese text (Hiragana, Katakana/Kanji), the program freezes for some 3 seconds (give or take a second). Just to put everyone on...