Windows 10: Some programes do not work or some will not install after Windows 10 1903 update

Discus and support Some programes do not work or some will not install after Windows 10 1903 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After updating W10 to 1903 I am unable to install some programmes like Dropbox, DWG True View, DELL Support Assist. Also some applications like DELL... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ExpatTH, Oct 26, 2019.

1. ExpatTH Win User

Some programes do not work or some will not install after Windows 10 1903 update

After updating W10 to 1903 I am unable to install some programmes like Dropbox, DWG True View, DELL Support Assist.

Also some applications like DELL Support Assist, Dropbox, Need For Speed and Microsoft Picture Viewer (Office 2010) have stopped working and will not uninstall or repair. My Office 2013 installation appears to be unaffected.

I have removed the windows.old folder from my computer since the update so am unable to revert. It also seems that W10 update has also removed my restore points so I am unable to restore.

How do I repair the damage that has been done?

Mike

:)

ExpatTH, Oct 26, 2019
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Some programes do not work or some will not install after Windows 10 1903 update

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Some programes do not work or some will not install after Windows 10 1903 update

1. Some programes do not work or some will not install after Windows 10 1903 update - Similar Threads - programes install 1903

2. Do not install some programs on Windows 10 latest version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do not install some programs on Windows 10 latest version: The body of the message the application has encountered an error (ox0000018) please contact the publisher of application for more https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-not-install-some-programs-on-windows-10-latest/17c946ae-519e-4464-823b-bfeb1214f830
  3. Some programs wont launch after Windows 1903 and 1909 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Some programs wont launch after Windows 1903 and 1909 update: Hello, I recently updated to 1903 and 1909 There are some programs that I haven't tried opening but these 3 are the programs I've been trying to open but no luck. 1. Adobe Acrobat Tried Fix: Modify (Repair Installation) 2. MS Office (Word, PPT, Excel, etc.) Remarks:...
  4. Some applications are not working after update 1903

Some applications are not working after update 1903: Hello, When I upgrade the windows 1903 version then we are getting the below errors 1. Apps are not working. 2. The screen share is not working. 3. x-ray mark on background of apps Thanks...
  5. Some Programs won't start after Windows 10 1903 Update

Some Programs won't start after Windows 10 1903 Update: Hello, I recently updated to 1903 There are some programs that I haven't tried opening but these 3 are the programs I've been trying to open but no luck. 1. Adobe Acrobat Tried Fix: Modify (Repair Installation) 2. Origin (EA launcher) Tried Fix: Reinstall Remarks:...
  6. Some Programs Not Opening After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some Programs Not Opening After Windows Update: Have Windows 10 build 1803. Installed the updates that were released yesterday. Since then some of my programs are not opening, the cursor spins for a couple seconds then nothing. Did sfc /scannow, it found corrupted files. Those were fixed, but the problem persists. I...
  7. some program not open after update win 10 pro 1903

some program not open after update win 10 pro 1903: like title , adobe reader, httpdebugger pro, GeForce Experience not work . cant open program. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-program-not-open-after-update-win-10-pro-1903/e76fb457-d5f9-4aed-985c-c99a63d193bc
  8. After 1903 update some taskbar Window buttons doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    After 1903 update some taskbar Window buttons doesn't work: I've had this problem ever since the 1903 update. I can't pinpoint the responsible specific update although it has something to do with the 1903 update. I believe it's the KB4507453 update. The clock, network, sound and notification icon doesn't respond when i left click them...
  9. After Windows 10 update, some programs disappeared

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After Windows 10 update, some programs disappeared: I have an issue with Windows 10 update. The problem is in disappearing software that I have installed on my system before. My laptop is completely new, I bought it a few days ago. I installed several programs and started to update Windows. Imagine my shock when I didn’t find...
  10. Windows 10 Anniversary update Some programs not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Anniversary update Some programs not working: I have had Windows 10 since they rolled it out. One of the things I hated was the Windows 7 Solitaire was gone. I found it online and downloaded it. It was the exact same Solitaire game and it worked fine until last week when I got the Anniversary update. Now it will not open...