Windows 10: Some programs crash during the loading screen

Discus and support Some programs crash during the loading screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, i have ran into a problem today that i have never seen before and i cant find anything similar when googling. So i was just playing some FiveM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by August Hindenes, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Some programs crash during the loading screen

Hey, i have ran into a problem today that i have never seen before and i cant find anything similar when googling.

So i was just playing some FiveM today (fivem is sort of a extension to grand theft auto 5 that enables you to create servers and add mods to said servers), suddenly my game crashed something that isnt that unusual since the program is quite unstable. What was unusual though is that when i tried to relaunch the game it seemingly closed just before the loading screen was about to end, this happend a few times. I then tried to first clear the cache, then restart my pc, then i reinstalled fivem and lastly i reinstalled gta itself, nothing changed anything. Later i discovered that the same issue occurs when i open photoshop aswell. I thought i could be a ram error, but after running the windows memory diagnostics, it seems like my ram is fine. I also ran diagnostics for my cpu and hard/solid state drives, everything came back clear. Apps like chrome, steam and discord work seamlessly, and so does other games such as csgo.

I believe this to be some sort of software error but i cant figure out whats wrong, windows has the newest version downloaded and i think it is atleast a couple days since it updated last.

I have been struggling to solve this for the last 5 hours to no avail so i really hope someone here can help me out'

Best regards,

August

:)

August Hindenes, Sep 30, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 30, 2019
  3. ADKR Win User
    Some programs not loading from Start screen

About half of my tiles on the Start screen are not functioning. If I find the *.exe they will load from that file. I have tried a Restore but it would not complete even in Safe Mode. I have run a fix on the Power Shell and reinstalled Metro/Modern apps. The screen shot shows which programs load. It seems more like settings only. None of my added programs load. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling one to no avail. Frustrated? Yep. Thanks for any suggestions.

4. Some programs crash during the loading screen

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

Some programs crash during the loading screen

1. Some programs crash during the loading screen - Similar Threads - programs crash during

2. Windows crashes during some games. No BSOD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows crashes during some games. No BSOD.: Hello,I've been having some intermittent crashes in Windows 11 recently. Mainly while playing the game Hell Let Lose, and also Civ 6. I updated Windows and my Nvidia drivers hoping that would fix. Here's the error from event viewer that I get every time:Log Name: System...
  3. Some programs not opening/crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some programs not opening/crashing: I recently got a new laptop and it has been working great. However, sometimes asus's armoury crate and realtek audio console would open but crash a second later. I have tried updating both but the problem persists...
  4. MSFS crashes to desktop during loading.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSFS crashes to desktop during loading.: During loading, latest picture of London, River Thames appears then sound goes and crash to desktop every time at same point. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msfs-crashes-to-desktop-during-loading/dc94099f-d843-4241-a7ad-953e81b121f1
  5. PC crashing during low loads

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC crashing during low loads: Hey everyone, I've been having this problem for a few months now. Basically during low loads, my pc freezes after a certain amount of time. This only happens when I'm browsing the internet or on discord with my friends. I don't get a blue screen or anything, just that my...
  6. Computer crashes during some games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes during some games: Hi, My computer keeps crashing while I play games. It doesn't happen with all of my games, but for the ones it does, it crashes my entire computer pretty frequently. When playing games like Rust or Phasmophobia, I can expect a crash after roughly 5-15 minutes of gameplay....
  7. Computer crashing during GPU load.

Computer crashing during GPU load.: AMD RYZEN 5 2600X 3.6GHZ 32.0 GB DDR5 RAM AMD radeon 5700 AMD 580X MSI X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI MOTHERBOARD THERMALTAKE SMART 700W ATX POWER SUPPLY I have been dealing with my computer crashing when the GPU is under load. I have tried switching different GPUs to try and...
  8. Windows loading screen crashes during boot.

Windows loading screen crashes during boot.: Hey my pc has been wotking absolutely fine until today i turned it on and the monitor disconnected so i had a go at troubleshooting it. It loaded up fine in safe mode, so i tried reinstalling the graphics drivers, aswell as removing them. After, instead of disconnecting the...
  9. Computer crashes during some games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes during some games: My computer will crash during some games only older ones like nwn 2 and star wars tor. Fallout 4 works fine. I've tried running the games in compatibility mode. The fans will kick in to high gear and the screen goes blank. I have to hold down the power button and do a hard...
  10. Some programs not loading from Start screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some programs not loading from Start screen: About half of my tiles on the Start screen are not functioning. If I find the *.exe they will load from that file. I have tried a Restore but it would not complete even in Safe Mode. I have run a fix on the Power Shell and reinstalled Metro/Modern apps. The screen shot shows...