Windows 10: Some programs (.exe) crash when using HD theme

Discus and support Some programs (.exe) crash when using HD theme in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am using the HD theme in Windows 10 home (up to date). I have had unexpected crashes when trying to run certain programs. When I turn HD theme off,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ww1ace1513, Mar 13, 2019 at 10:27 AM.

1. Some programs (.exe) crash when using HD theme

I am using the HD theme in Windows 10 home (up to date). I have had unexpected crashes when trying to run certain programs. When I turn HD theme off, the effected programs load and work properly.
    The major program that this effects is Adobe Creative Cloud but ONLY Premiere Pro 2019 or 2018. Can anyone shed any light on this rather weird problem

:)

2. Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 13, 2019 at 10:28 AM
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

4. Some programs (.exe) crash when using HD theme

Windows 10 - How to install themes

Hi Rykel,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. Don’t worry. We will assist to resolve this issue.

What error do you receive while trying to download themes?

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps:

• Right click on the desktop screen and select
              Personalize.

• Select themes from the left side of the page.

• Next select Themes settings.

• Select Get more Themes online.

Try the above suggestion and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 13, 2019 at 10:28 AM
Thema:

Some programs (.exe) crash when using HD theme

1. Some programs (.exe) crash when using HD theme - Similar Threads - programs exe crash

2. Windows 10 HD Theme cause some programs (.exe) to Crash

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 HD Theme cause some programs (.exe) to Crash: I am using the HD theme in Windows 10 home (up to date). I have had unexpected crashes when trying to run certain programs. When I turn HD theme off, the effected programs load and work properly. The major program that this effects is Adobe Creative Cloud but ONLY Premiere...
  3. Windows 10 HD Theme cause some programs (.exe) to Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 HD Theme cause some programs (.exe) to Crash: I am using the HD theme in Windows 10 home (up to date). I have had unexpected crashes when trying to run certain programs. When I turn HD theme off, the effected programs load and work properly. The major program that this effects is Adobe Creative Cloud but ONLY Premiere...
  4. Some programs (.exe) crash when using HD theme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some programs (.exe) crash when using HD theme: I am using the HD theme in Windows 10 home (up to date). I have had unexpected crashes when trying to run certain programs. When I turn HD theme off, the effected programs load and work properly. The major program that this effects is Adobe Creative Cloud but ONLY Premiere...
  5. Stuttering when opening some programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuttering when opening some programs: Hello! First of all sorry for my bad english. I have heavy stuttering for a couple of seconds when i open some programs and i noticed that this could be related to hardware accelleration. I think this because I had this problem on almost every program but i magically solved...
  6. some file like .exe are open in another program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    some file like .exe are open in another program: hello i terminate the microsoft edge than my some application and file are open with other program plz help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-file-like-exe-are-open-in-another-program/19f089c3-fae7-4ab8-884a-f1545359fbc0"
  7. Impossible to starts some exe files!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Impossible to starts some exe files!: hello everyone, I need help as I have tried all of what i have found in this and other forums, whitout any success. Since a week icant start some exe files and i dont know why only some! i have appleied what was described in Restore Default File Type Associations in...
  8. My PC crashes after some use

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    My PC crashes after some use: Note:This is a huge wall of text (I don't know how to simplify things) and I would really appreciate it if you can spend some of your precious time trying to help me *Smile I have a Toshiba Satellite L500D laptop that has windows 10 and an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650....
  9. some .exe files hang

in Windows 10 Support
    some .exe files hang: In the last 48 hours, some .exe files do not execute. If started from explorer, explorer hangs. No error messages. These files run on another Win 10 machine. Nothing obvious in the event viewer. I note that *.exe file cannot be deleted when the system is in this state. I must...
  10. orgnwrks32.exe crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    orgnwrks32.exe crashing: If I open up a sample or a project, most functions will work; However; If I try to setup a new project; it crashes. Uninstalled/Reinstalled dozens of times; no luck