Windows 10: Some programs (.exe) crash when using HD theme

Discus and support Some programs (.exe) crash when using HD theme in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am using the HD theme in Windows 10 home (up to date). I have had unexpected crashes when trying to run certain programs. When I turn HD theme off,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ww1ace1513, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Some programs (.exe) crash when using HD theme

I am using the HD theme in Windows 10 home (up to date). I have had unexpected crashes when trying to run certain programs. When I turn HD theme off, the effected programs load and work properly.
    The major program that this effects is Adobe Creative Cloud but ONLY Premiere Pro 2019 or 2018. Can anyone shed any light on this rather weird problem

:)

ww1ace1513, Mar 13, 2019

2. Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 13, 2019
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Some programs (.exe) crash when using HD theme

Windows 10 - How to install themes

Hi Rykel,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. Don’t worry. We will assist to resolve this issue.

What error do you receive while trying to download themes?

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps:

• Right click on the desktop screen and select
              Personalize.

• Select themes from the left side of the page.

• Next select Themes settings.

• Select Get more Themes online.

Try the above suggestion and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

Some programs (.exe) crash when using HD theme

1. Some programs (.exe) crash when using HD theme - Similar Threads - programs exe crash

2. Explorer crashes with third-party theming program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer crashes with third-party theming program: Hi,I have been bugged for a bit to notice when I open File Explorer with Stardock's WindowBlinds on, it seems to crash for some apparent reason. This has caused me to stick with the default theme with few changes.I'm using a laptop with Windows 10, an old i3 3120M, 4 gb ram...
  3. Explorer crashes with third-party theming program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Explorer crashes with third-party theming program: Hi,I have been bugged for a bit to notice when I open File Explorer with Stardock's WindowBlinds on, it seems to crash for some apparent reason. This has caused me to stick with the default theme with few changes.I'm using a laptop with Windows 10, an old i3 3120M, 4 gb ram...
  4. Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.

Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.: Did basic troubleshooting steps, sfc scannow etc nothing showed up.Was using startisback and custom themes, removed them still no fix.Event viewer showsFaulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.1645, time stamp: 0x7c06cc0eFaulting module name: verifier.dll,...
  5. Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.: Did basic troubleshooting steps, sfc scannow etc nothing showed up.Was using startisback and custom themes, removed them still no fix.Event viewer showsFaulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.1645, time stamp: 0x7c06cc0eFaulting module name: verifier.dll,...
  6. Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Screen dim when using some program.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen dim when using some program.: Hi, It is happening for a long time now. I start to get annoyed with the screen dims whenever I change to a different program. Example; When I'm using Movie & TV to watch a video that I downloaded. In the main menu, the screen was bright. But then it starts dimming when...
  8. Windows 10 HD Theme cause some programs (.exe) to Crash

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 HD Theme cause some programs (.exe) to Crash: I am using the HD theme in Windows 10 home (up to date). I have had unexpected crashes when trying to run certain programs. When I turn HD theme off, the effected programs load and work properly. The major program that this effects is Adobe Creative Cloud but ONLY Premiere...
  9. Windows 10 HD Theme cause some programs (.exe) to Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 HD Theme cause some programs (.exe) to Crash: I am using the HD theme in Windows 10 home (up to date). I have had unexpected crashes when trying to run certain programs. When I turn HD theme off, the effected programs load and work properly. The major program that this effects is Adobe Creative Cloud but ONLY Premiere...
  10. Some programs (.exe) crash when using HD theme

Some programs (.exe) crash when using HD theme: I am using the HD theme in Windows 10 home (up to date). I have had unexpected crashes when trying to run certain programs. When I turn HD theme off, the effected programs load and work properly. The major program that this effects is Adobe Creative Cloud but ONLY Premiere...