Windows 10: Some programs have black background

Discus and support Some programs have black background in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; About a month ago, after i had to change a failing HDD, and reinstalled windows, i started having this problem.https://imgur.com/a/sarOXN1 In some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mateomenta, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Some programs have black background

About a month ago, after i had to change a failing HDD, and reinstalled windows, i started having this problem.https://imgur.com/a/sarOXN1

In some programs (mostly windows explorer and instalation wizards) the whole background is black, and in some cases so is the text. today i found out that this also affects wordpad, as shown in the screenshots above.

I have tried factory resetting windows, even doing a clean install, but it didn't seem to help. Is there any solution to this? or is it a problem with my ssd?

Thanks in advance everyone

submitted by /u/mateomenta
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mateomenta, Aug 8, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Desktop background gone black after a few minutes of use on laptop.

Hello,

Desktop background and taskbar going black could be due to software conflicts.

We would like to know some information to better assist you with your concern:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to check if the "Show Windows Background" option is turned on. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings in the Start menu.
    • Go to Ease of Access, then on the left side, click
      Other options.
    • Turn on Show Windows Background and check if it works.

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Aug 8, 2020
  3. JayK Win User
    Some Folder Icons have a Black Background

I think since the latest Windows 10 update some of my icons have a black background to them, sometimes they don't *update*.

Some programs have black background [​IMG]

What could be causing this? I've tried deleting the thumbnail cache using CCleaner and Disk Cleaner but that didn't seem to help.

Any advice much appreciated!

JayK, Aug 8, 2020
  4. Some programs have black background

Screensavers have black background.

Hi Billy,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Yes, the black background does exist. However, if you feel like there is some issue with the screensaver, I suggest you to create a new user account
    to eliminate any issues with user account if there are any and check. Follow the steps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Do let us know if you have any other queries pertaining in the future.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

Some programs have black background

1. Some programs have black background - Similar Threads - programs black background

2. weird lighting with non windowed Fullscreen programs that have a black background may be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    weird lighting with non windowed Fullscreen programs that have a black background may be...: whenever I open a Fullscreen program with a black background it instantly sets my screen brightness to zero, while displaying the value as 100, if i alt tab out of the program it will persist until I make any change to the system brightness, however it will re occur when I...
  3. weird lighting with non windowed Fullscreen programs that have a black background may be...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    weird lighting with non windowed Fullscreen programs that have a black background may be...: whenever I open a Fullscreen program with a black background it instantly sets my screen brightness to zero, while displaying the value as 100, if i alt tab out of the program it will persist until I make any change to the system brightness, however it will re occur when I...
  4. Black background issue on windows programs and office products

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black background issue on windows programs and office products: Hello there,My father has been dealing with a very strange issue which he is unsure of how he triggered it in the first place. I have also found another two threads which describe exactly the same issue and there is no solution there too....
  5. Black background issue on windows programs and office products

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black background issue on windows programs and office products: Hello there,My father has been dealing with a very strange issue which he is unsure of how he triggered it in the first place. I have also found another two threads which describe exactly the same issue and there is no solution there too....
  6. Black Background in Excel and some system windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black Background in Excel and some system windows: I have checked that High Contrast is off.Office 365.How to repair??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-background-in-excel-and-some-system-windows/2d5476c6-57c6-41b4-ba9b-9314f2ecb0a5
  7. Programs and Features has a black background in dark mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs and Features has a black background in dark mode: I have a weird problem where the programs list background in Programs and Features applet is dark gray/black, as you can see, making the entries almost unreadable: [ATTACH] It's strange because no other Control Panel applets have this issue, and another machine does not...
  8. Sudden Black Screen display, programs running in background

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sudden Black Screen display, programs running in background: Hello all, past few weeks, on my laptop frequently, a sudden black screen appears. Nothing is seen, but programs are running in the background. If I am playing music, I can still hear the music. I initially pressed the power button for some time and then pressed it again to...
  9. Some Programs Only Open as Background Processes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some Programs Only Open as Background Processes: I've recently been having a problem opening certain programs properly on Windows 10. For over a month, some programs that I used to use perfectly fine before have now started to not open anything when I click on them. Regardless of whether I open them from the File Explorer...
  10. Some Folder Icons have a Black Background

in Windows 10 Support
    Some Folder Icons have a Black Background: I think since the latest Windows 10 update some of my icons have a black background to them, sometimes they don't *update*. [img] What could be causing this? I've tried deleting the thumbnail cache using CCleaner and Disk Cleaner but that didn't seem to help. Any...