Windows 10: Some programs mute the sound of other programs SOLVED

Discus and support Some programs mute the sound of other programs SOLVED in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I just figured this out myself because Microsoft refuses to answer this question. I don't know why they won't, but they won't. I'm posting this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GabeDonlon, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Some programs mute the sound of other programs SOLVED

Hi, I just figured this out myself because Microsoft refuses to answer this question. I don't know why they won't, but they won't. I'm posting this here because this answer needs to get out there. This is probably going to get taken down because Microsoft support hates supporting people in any way, especially when other people do it for them.

I had the problem of "Discord" muting other apps when someone talked. Discord had functionality to do this, but it was turned off.

... It turns out, SO DOES WINDOWS. To fix this issue from a communications program, go to the sound control panel, "communications tab" and the "stream attenuation" should be set to none to turn this off.

Boom. Solved it.

Your welcome, Microsoft.

-Me

:)

GabeDonlon, Mar 25, 2020
  2. MNorton Win User

LotusNotes program

Hello, please help me to solve my problem with LotusNotes program. The error occurs when i trying to access nsf file: The object store that is used

Any suggestions for nsf repair?

Martin

MNorton, Mar 25, 2020
  3. muted app has sound

To be more specific. App is Bitcoin Miner. Ad appears as a video in app window. App still shows muted symbol, but sound is playing. There is a back button that stops the video and reverts app to normal state. Ad doesn't affect apps work. My security is
    far beyond suggested, so there is no malware nor any other unwanted program. Ad is part of the app, but sound somehow circumvents the muting of the app. Mixer shows only that app and system sounds, no other apps appear when sound occur.

RaleDjurdan, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Some programs mute the sound of other programs SOLVED

muted app has sound

Tried first few steps, and fail to reproduce the event. Either ad with sound didn't appear or it did, but sound was muted (which was the point). Anyway, I consider the matter solved, thanks for help.

RaleDjurdan, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Some programs mute the sound of other programs SOLVED

1. Some programs mute the sound of other programs SOLVED - Similar Threads - programs mute sound

2. Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.: This issue is driving me up the wall.A number of unrelated programs on my PC have little or no internet connectivity, while others are absolutely fine.- This issue seems to have appeared out of nowhere, I haven't changed any settings recently on my PC.- My browsers, Chrome...
  3. Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.: This issue is driving me up the wall.A number of unrelated programs on my PC have little or no internet connectivity, while others are absolutely fine.- This issue seems to have appeared out of nowhere, I haven't changed any settings recently on my PC.- My browsers, Chrome...
  4. Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows timer sound mutes another programs.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows timer sound mutes another programs.: When timer alarm starts, alarm sound mutes all another programs. Is there a way to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-timer-sound-mutes-another-programs/b354d3ea-9a41-45d1-9b4d-5cae0b82ad93
  6. Discord mutes other programs when used?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Discord mutes other programs when used?: I use a Bluetooth headset from MPOW - P/N: 18A43 paired with my PC (Windows 10 64 bit). The headphones are connected via a Bluetooth stick (UB499) from tp-link connected. So far everything is great, sound runs and sounds good. If I now turn on the program Discord, everything...
  7. Sound not working in some programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound not working in some programs: So some of the programs on my computer will not play sound, but others work just fine. For example, nothing in Minecraft and Chrome will play any sound(YouTube in Chrome), but Spotify and League of Legends will. I tried updating as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the...
  8. Chat programs (Skype Curse, etc.) mute other programs when in call?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chat programs (Skype Curse, etc.) mute other programs when in call?: I'm trying to use Curse ( a chat program very much like Skype) with my friends so we can all play and talk to each other. Unfortunately, whenever I'm in a call, all programs except the chat program are muted. This is very frustrating for games where I need audio. This issue...
  9. printer works with some programs but not others

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer works with some programs but not others: Brother mfc-8440 will print from wordpad but not from reader Just says cannot print and says "error" Printer works with Excel, Word but the reader is Windows 10 "Edge" 10460
  10. Cortana starts some programs, not others?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana starts some programs, not others?: Not a huge issue, but I was wondering if there was a way to get Cortana to be more consistent at starting programs? At present she will start some with no problem, but others will either display a Web search page or do nothing? As an example, I use "Cool Reader" to read...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. discord muting all other application