Windows 10: Some programs/notepads closing down themselfs

Discus and support Some programs/notepads closing down themselfs in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, After one before last update 2 weeks ago i had an issue with programs shutting down themself, but after restarting my PC it was back to normal.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Krzysztof Radziszewski, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Some programs/notepads closing down themselfs

Hi,

After one before last update 2 weeks ago i had an issue with programs shutting down themself, but after restarting my PC it was back to normal.

Now, after another Windows update it happend again. I tried to do the same thing as before, but firstly i've made an video. So it didnt help this time, could You please give me a hand with this one please?

[COLOR=rgba24, 50, 71, 1]https://streamable.com/1ki9qn[/COLOR]

Best Regards,

Krzysztof

:)

Krzysztof Radziszewski, Apr 13, 2021
  2. JCabebe Win User

Notepad

I followed your suggestion but wasn't able to find Notepad listed on the startup. There are some listed as program but don't know which ones it could be.

JCabebe, Apr 13, 2021
  3. Amol S. Win User
    notepad

04sall is the name of the document that Notepad has opened. Usually Notepad is meant to open "text" or "source code" files, however it can open other types of files. Now relating back to your issue, the fact that 04sall does not have file format means
    that it used by a program or Windows, and could be quite large. This might have caused Notepad to freeze. You will have to force close Notepad, to do that please follow the following steps.

Step 1: Press the buttons "Ctrl, alt, and delete" simultaneously. A list of options should come up. Click on Task Manager from the options that display. Note, if Task Manager is unable to open OR pressing the buttons "Ctrl, alt, and delete" simultaneously
    does not do anything, jump to Step 5.

Step 2: In task manager select Notepad. Now click the "End Task" button. If a confirmation message comes up, then click "End Task" in the confirmation message. If Notepad closes then problem is solved. If Notepad does not close please repeat this step.
    If repeating this step after 5 times does not work, go on to Step 3.

Step 3: Select Notepad on task manager, right click on the selected Notepad in Task Manager. A drop down menu should come up. Select "Go to Details". After doing this DO NOT click on anything yet. Go to step 4.

Step 4: There should already be something highlighted, right click the highlighted object, a drop down menu should appear. Click "End Task" option from that menu. A prompt will come up, click the "End Process" option on the prompt. If Notepad closes then
    problem is solved. If Notepad does not close, please repeat this step. If repeating this step does not work, got to step 5.

Step 5: Hard shutdown the computer, by pressing onto the power button. DO NOT LET GO OF the power button until the computer power indication sign has turned off. Now turn the computer back on. If the issue is gone, then problem is fixed. If "04sall-notepad"
    opens up again on startup, please reply back stating that.

Amol S., Apr 13, 2021
  4. LeighRW Win User

Some programs/notepads closing down themselfs

Notepad opens on startup. How do I stop this?

Hi,

• A month or so ago.
    • A small error box in the middle of the Notepad blank page, stating, 'Access Denied'
    • I have only done the steps within this thread.
    When I close this box the Notepad blank page is left and then I close Notepad.

I have to do this every time the computer boots!

Regards,

Leigh.

LeighRW, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

Some programs/notepads closing down themselfs

1. Some programs/notepads closing down themselfs - Similar Threads - programs notepads closing

2. How to find program that closed down computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find program that closed down computer: Is there a specific command from the Command Prompt by which one can find a program that last closed down the laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-program-that-closed-down-computer/c99e42b6-7b70-4ffb-a41c-67f85dc684d3
  3. How to find program that closed down computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find program that closed down computer: Is there a specific command from the Command Prompt by which one can find a program that last closed down the laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-program-that-closed-down-computer/c99e42b6-7b70-4ffb-a41c-67f85dc684d3
  4. Notepad is closing automatially

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad is closing automatially: I have Windows 11 Home. Notepad is closing automatically. I have already deleted it and reinstalled it. It is still doing the same. I use notepad for work andI really need it....
  5. Notepad is closing automatially

Notepad is closing automatially: I have Windows 11 Home. Notepad is closing automatically. I have already deleted it and reinstalled it. It is still doing the same. I use notepad for work andI really need it....
  6. Notepad Program Closes After Computer Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad Program Closes After Computer Lock Screen: Dear Microsoft Community,I'm having trouble every time after I lock the screen with Ctrl + L, my notepad file keeps closing automatically while other programs remain open.It's very annoying that I have keep opening them manually again and again.Please help....
  7. Notepad Program Closes After Computer Lock Screen

Notepad Program Closes After Computer Lock Screen: Dear Microsoft Community,I'm having trouble every time after I lock the screen with Ctrl + L, my notepad file keeps closing automatically while other programs remain open.It's very annoying that I have keep opening them manually again and again.Please help....
  8. Program crashed and now some programs close immediately on opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program crashed and now some programs close immediately on opening: Hi AllBit of a strange one.My Adobe Indesign crashed, and then refused to open every time I have tried afterwards. The splash window appears, and after a few seconds, disappears.This isn't the only program it affects, with Terminal, Thunderbird, Slack, and Aeomi Backupper...
  9. Down arrow key stuck in some programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Down arrow key stuck in some programs: I'm having a problem and I can't find an answer anywhere. Running Windows 10 on a Lenovo laptop. I use logitech wireless keyboard and mouse. In some programs/functions, the down arrow seems to be stuck. For instance, if I click the start icon on the desktop, the cursor...
  10. Interesting Notepad Programming Tricks to have some fun with

in Windows 10 News
    Interesting Notepad Programming Tricks to have some fun with: [ATTACH]Developers often use Notepad to write and compile code for their apps. But it’s […] This article Interesting Notepad Programming Tricks to have some fun with first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...