Windows 10: Some programs reacting strangely all of a sudden.

Discus and support Some programs reacting strangely all of a sudden. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I made a Microsoft account just for this, because this is really bugging me. =P Just starting today, my programs have been reacting weirdly. Google... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sushi Slice, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Some programs reacting strangely all of a sudden.

I made a Microsoft account just for this, because this is really bugging me. =P

Just starting today, my programs have been reacting weirdly. Google Chrome takes forever to bring up pages, Steam takes forever to log in, and Overwatch is taking a long time to bring up updates. I thought it was an issue with my wifi but I hopped into a voice call with my friends and it seems to be working just fine, along with chat (I use Discord). Additionally, games seem to be working okay as well, including online games. I have no idea what is causing this and did the whole troubleshooting procedure. I temporarily disabled Windows Firewall, turned off Windows Defender (I don't have any other anti-viral software) , and restored my computer to an earlier save point. None of that stuff worked.

Honestly, games work perfectly fine so I'm not too bothered by this but if anyone would be willing to help me resolve this I would be greatly appreciative.

Cheers~

:)

Sushi Slice, Jul 29, 2018

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jul 29, 2018
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jul 29, 2018
  4. Kim Tiw Win User

Some programs reacting strangely all of a sudden.

My pc is reacting slow

Hello Nizho,

There are many possible causes why your computer is running slow. Examples are
    not enough hard drive space, too many programs running at startup or in the background, data Corruption and hard disk fragmentation.

Before we proceed, please provide the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you check the status of CPU usage?

For now, we suggest you to perform a

clean startup
    to determine whether background programs are interfering.

We’re looking forward for your response.

Kim Tiw, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

Some programs reacting strangely all of a sudden.

1. Some programs reacting strangely all of a sudden. - Similar Threads - programs reacting strangely

2. My pc all of sudden is acting strange.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc all of sudden is acting strange.: my pc screen would turn off and on, I can’t open windows start or use the search bar, and some options on windows are gone and non functional. As well trouble shooting not working and always gives me an error. I’ve hard reset my pc but the issues are still there. I have a...
  3. My pc all of sudden is acting strange.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pc all of sudden is acting strange.: my pc screen would turn off and on, I can’t open windows start or use the search bar, and some options on windows are gone and non functional. As well trouble shooting not working and always gives me an error. I’ve hard reset my pc but the issues are still there. I have a...
  4. My pc all of sudden is acting strange.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. programs not reacting because of energysaving

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    programs not reacting because of energysaving: I tried to disable energysaving (best performance) but now I saw the logo of the energysaving at chrome and it was not reacting. How do I make sure that it will never save energy at every app that i'm using. It's not a laptop so I dont care if it is taking much battery or...
  6. strange omissions in some programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    strange omissions in some programs: Hi, I am now running Microsoft Windows version 1903 (OS Build 18362.1016) I updated windows 7 to windows 10 using the free update mentioned on one of the pages here. I seem to remember having problems with OpenGL. I have tried to open two programs I used to use a lot,...
  7. strange omissions in some programs

in Windows 10 Support
    strange omissions in some programs: Hi, I am now running Microsoft Windows version 1903 (OS Build 18362.1016) I updated windows 7 to windows 10 using the free update mentioned on one of the pages here. I seem to remember having problems with OpenGL. I have tried to open two programs I used to use a lot,...
  8. Strange program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange program: obviousvarade.exe does anyone know what what this program does, it is running on my PC and I am unable to stop it, it just restarts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-program/0a962c89-9b77-4056-ac28-d13cf7f6b7a3
  9. Strange rendering issue with some programs (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Strange rendering issue with some programs (Windows 10): Hello, I was given a GTX 970 by a freind and am not 100% sure if it is in the best condition. In most programs, windows render fine and in games, I get respectable frame rates and no issues. Attached is a video of the problem. Was just wondering if there was a fix, I am...
  10. Something strange, suddenly a program and menu will open multiple time

in Windows 10 Support
    Something strange, suddenly a program and menu will open multiple time: On my upgrade win 10, sometimes a program will open multiple times. The program will open many times, and the menu\option window will open. a restart or log of seems to fix it. Any ideas or examples of what this is? This happens so rarely that a troubleshoot seems...