Windows 10: some questions about 'about:config'

Discus and support some questions about 'about:config' in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Basically I see wider scroll bars everywhere except MS Edge. Examples: CCleaner [img] Vivaldi [img] Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mipak, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Callender Win User

some questions about 'about:config'

Basically I see wider scroll bars everywhere except MS Edge. Examples:

CCleaner

some questions about 'about:config' [​IMG]

Vivaldi

some questions about 'about:config' [​IMG]

Callender, Jan 12, 2018
  2. Edwin New Member

Oh! You're talkin about the system wide tweak!
    Here I am goin on about the .css tweak for Firefox only!
    Okay, gottcha! *Thumbs

Edwin, Jan 12, 2018
  3. mipak Win User
    I think my problem of trying to increase the width of the right hand-side scroll bar in Palemoon as well the the font size in the bars at the top of the window appears to have been solved. I can't remember exactly where I saw it but someone either from this site or another one mentioned a programme called Winaero Tweaker which not only contains numerous 'fixes' of how to regain the looks of W7 and earlier but also of how to increase/decrease the sizes of fonts and scrollbars which have been omitted from W10. I went through the programme, made a number of changes but nothing seemed to happen at first until yesterday when I turned on my computer and noticed that both my fonts and scrollbar were larger. I had also followed the advice given by Edwin & Callender re. the register and about:config but I'm not sure which of my 'clicks' within the reg. or a:cfg. or Winaero contained the right trigger, suffice to say that my scrollbar is now between 4 and 5mm wide ... big difference! ... and I am now able to see the words much more clearer at the top of palemoon (and other windows).
    My thanks to Edwin & Callender and to whoever mentioned the Winaero programme ... very much appreciated.

mipak, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

some questions about 'about:config'

1. some questions about 'about:config' - Similar Threads - questions 'about config'

2. Some questions about Windows Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Some questions about Windows Key: Hello, I bought a custom built PC on ebay about a year ago. There weren't any red flags until I received my PC and turned it on, to which I was welcomed with pirated Microsoft Word and the sorts. I did not like any of that and I took that as a warning so I reinstalled Windows...
  3. Some questions about Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some questions about Windows: Okay, as the title shows, I have 2 problems that I don't know how to fix and I need everybody help.The first one is background slideshow problem. I'm using Windows 11, install all of cumulative updates. When I use background slideshow mode, it works well at Desktop 1 I have 2...
  4. Some questions about Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some questions about Windows: Okay, as the title shows, I have 2 problems that I don't know how to fix and I need everybody help.The first one is background slideshow problem. I'm using Windows 11, install all of cumulative updates. When I use background slideshow mode, it works well at Desktop 1 I have 2...
  5. quick question about some things

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    quick question about some things: So I'm a little worried to why Microsoft Store is running in task manager and why Mail and Microsoft Store are using GPU I know its not using any since it says zero % but just a little curious...
  6. Some questions about BSoD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some questions about BSoD: Hello , I'm new here and i'm not sure if i sent this thread in right place .. I have Some question and cant find answer ,I would be grateful if anyone could help me to find answers . _________________________________________________ As i Have win7 i'm not sure i can ask about...
  7. Questions about some Windows settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Questions about some Windows settings: I always create a local account with admin rights and I want UAC disabled and the files and programs which need to be run with admin rights to automatically do it (so I don't have to do it myself) so could someone tell me what Enable UAC - Filter all administrators...
  8. Some questions about reinstalling

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Some questions about reinstalling: I want to reinstall Windows 10. I am using now 1803, but had a lot of problems when I upgraded to 1809 (2 times), so and I restored it to 1803. My question is if 1809 is stable as a fresh install? I have the 1809 and the 1803 live USBs. Should I install 1809 fresh, or 1803?...
  9. Some questions about reinstalling

in Windows 10 Support
    Some questions about reinstalling: I want to reinstall Windows 10. I am using now 1803, but had a lot of problems when I upgraded to 1809 (2 times), so and I restored it to 1803. My question is if 1809 is stable as a fresh install? I have the 1809 and the 1803 live USBs. Should I install 1809 fresh, or 1803?...
  10. Some questions about Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Some questions about Win 10: I have Win 10 Home Single Language installed. There's a new Insider Preview build v 10565 available and Treshold 2 is coming out in November. Is there ever going to be a final version of Win 10. I've also read that MS will be coming out with "Redstone" next year. Will that...