Windows 10: Some questions about multi-display environments

Discus and support Some questions about multi-display environments in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently I changed my monitor but, as I had no use for the old one, I decided to start using a multiple screen environment. However, I am new using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/toloba, Aug 11, 2020.

1. /u/toloba Win User

Some questions about multi-display environments

Recently I changed my monitor but, as I had no use for the old one, I decided to start using a multiple screen environment. However, I am new using multiple monitors in Windows 10 and I am facing some problems that I would like to solve. I hope you can help me.

First of all, I use the task bar in both screens and, when I start a program using the Start Menu, it starts on the screen where the last program was used. I would like it to match the same screen I selected the Start Menu on. For example, I have two screens, one left and one right. I want that, if I select the Start Menu on the left one, the programs start on the left one, and if I select the menu on the right one, the programs do the same. For me it is logical and obvious but I have not seen any option anywhere.

Another thing I would like to see is sticky borders for the transition. Exactly, what I would like is that, when passing the mouse over the edge of both screens, the transition zone, the pointer slows down and I have to force it to move it to the other screen. I have seen some options on the register but they are not related to the cursor or not work at all in Windows 10.

Finally, I would like to be able to execute a program in full screen in one window and using the other one without the fullscreen closing itself. I heard that using the borderless windows is a good approach but sometimes I use DSR that does not work that way. There are also performance issues in some games.

I hope you can help me. Thank you very much.

submitted by /u/toloba
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/toloba, Aug 11, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 11, 2020
  3. MCK
    mck Win User
    System environment variable won't stick

Running Win10 Home on an Acer Spin 3, 64bit, i7cpu. I try to add a path to the system environment variables by:

1. Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings > Advanced tab > Environment variables

2. The "Environment Variables" window opens.
    3. In the "System Variables" pane I select "Path" and click the EDIT button.
    4. A list of the current system paths is displayed.
    5. I click the NEW button, browse to the path I want to add which is "C:\Python36-32" and click OK. The path "C:\Python36-32" is added to the list of current system paths.
    6. I click OK and am returned to the "Environment Variables" window.
    7. I click the "X" at the top right to close the "Environment Variables" window.

Now if I click the "Environment Variables" button again (end of step-1) and repeat steps 2-4, the new path I added in step-5 is gone. IOW, adding a new path won't stick.

What am I doing wrong?

4. Some questions about multi-display environments

multi display

Hi,

To better isolate the issue, we'd like to ask the following questions.

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried the recommended solution provided on this thread?
    We'll wait for your response.

Martin Bar, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Some questions about multi-display environments

1. Some questions about multi-display environments - Similar Threads - questions multi display

2. Some questions about Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some questions about Windows: Okay, as the title shows, I have 2 problems that I don't know how to fix and I need everybody help.The first one is background slideshow problem. I'm using Windows 11, install all of cumulative updates. When I use background slideshow mode, it works well at Desktop 1 I have 2...
  3. Some questions about Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some questions about Windows: Okay, as the title shows, I have 2 problems that I don't know how to fix and I need everybody help.The first one is background slideshow problem. I'm using Windows 11, install all of cumulative updates. When I use background slideshow mode, it works well at Desktop 1 I have 2...
  4. Some questions about BSoD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some questions about BSoD: Hello , I'm new here and i'm not sure if i sent this thread in right place .. I have Some question and cant find answer ,I would be grateful if anyone could help me to find answers . _________________________________________________ As i Have win7 i'm not sure i can ask about...
  5. Questions about some Windows settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Questions about some Windows settings: I always create a local account with admin rights and I want UAC disabled and the files and programs which need to be run with admin rights to automatically do it (so I don't have to do it myself) so could someone tell me what Enable UAC - Filter all administrators...
  6. Some questions about reinstalling

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Some questions about reinstalling: I want to reinstall Windows 10. I am using now 1803, but had a lot of problems when I upgraded to 1809 (2 times), so and I restored it to 1803. My question is if 1809 is stable as a fresh install? I have the 1809 and the 1803 live USBs. Should I install 1809 fresh, or 1803?...
  7. Some questions about reinstalling

in Windows 10 Support
    Some questions about reinstalling: I want to reinstall Windows 10. I am using now 1803, but had a lot of problems when I upgraded to 1809 (2 times), so and I restored it to 1803. My question is if 1809 is stable as a fresh install? I have the 1809 and the 1803 live USBs. Should I install 1809 fresh, or 1803?...
  8. some questions about 'about:config'

in Browsers and Email
    some questions about 'about:config': I would like to increase the width of the scrollbar in Palemoon from 2.5mm to 5mm. I seem to be missing the bar quite often when I try to click it. So annoying. I went into 'about:config' and discovered there were just over 60 lines with the word 'scroll' in each of them but...
  9. Some questions about Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Some questions about Win 10: I have Win 10 Home Single Language installed. There's a new Insider Preview build v 10565 available and Treshold 2 is coming out in November. Is there ever going to be a final version of Win 10. I've also read that MS will be coming out with "Redstone" next year. Will that...
  10. Window 10 Multi-Display question

in Windows 10 Support
    Window 10 Multi-Display question: I was wondering if it is possible to have one desktop display on one screen with me using it. Meanwhile the other one have another desktop display with on the same pc wired to two mouse and keyboard be use by another person? If there a program for it, please recommend one for...