Windows 10: Some questions about reinstalling

Discus and support Some questions about reinstalling in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to reinstall Windows 10. I am using now 1803, but had a lot of problems when I upgraded to 1809 (2 times), so and I restored it to 1803. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ineuw, Jan 31, 2019.

1. ineuw Win User

Some questions about reinstalling

I want to reinstall Windows 10. I am using now 1803, but had a lot of problems when I upgraded to 1809 (2 times), so and I restored it to 1803.
    My question is if 1809 is stable as a fresh install? I have the 1809 and the 1803 live USBs. Should I install 1809 fresh, or 1803?
    Appreciate all relevant comments.

:)

ineuw, Jan 31, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Some questions about reinstalling :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jan 31, 2019
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Latest Version Malwarebytes Anti Exploit

*Thumbs

f14tomcat, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Some questions about reinstalling - Similar Threads - questions reinstalling

2. Sidewinder X4 play/pause question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sidewinder X4 play/pause question: I have a Sidewinder X4 keyboard and I'm very happy with it. I use the play/pause button all the time while working and listening to music. The only issue I'm having is when I use this button I get a small rectangle window that pops up in the upper left corner of my screen...
  3. question about log applications and service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    question about log applications and service: Hi all i recently checked my logs and found something i have never seen before. I also had a lot of problems with my desktop a while ago and so i want to make sure it's noting to worry about. Because of the writing it looks cryptic but i am not sure and because i can't...
  4. question about log applications and service

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    question about log applications and service: Hi all i recently checked my logs and found something i have never seen before. I also had a lot of problems with my desktop a while ago and so i want to make sure it's noting to worry about. Because of the writing it looks cryptic but i am not sure and because i can't...
  5. Some questions about reinstalling

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Some questions about reinstalling: I want to reinstall Windows 10. I am using now 1803, but had a lot of problems when I upgraded to 1809 (2 times), so and I restored it to 1803. My question is if 1809 is stable as a fresh install? I have the 1809 and the 1803 live USBs. Should I install 1809 fresh, or 1803?...
  6. Security Question: Reinstalled Norton, but deleted One Drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Question: Reinstalled Norton, but deleted One Drive: Norton had to reinstall my security on this newer pc, but they had to delete Defender, & One Drive first in order to do it? Was this a good idea? The other pc was full of malware, which Norton does not address. 88574
  7. Reinstall and partitions question

Reinstall and partitions question: I'm wanting to reinstall Windows 10 on my SSD. Before I do I'll unplug the additional drives I have inside my PC for storage (E: onwards), to isolate the SSD. However, C: (disk1 in the screenshot below) has several partitions and unlabelled volumes that I'm guessing Windows...
  8. Need to format/clean laptop HDD - Reinstalling Win 10 Question

Need to format/clean laptop HDD - Reinstalling Win 10 Question: I am going to sell a laptop which currently has Win 10 installed (originally the laptop shipped with Win 8, I opted for the free upgrade). It is the only drive in the laptop and has Win 10 on it, so to be on the safe side I would prefer to do a full format, and then run a...
  9. 2 Questions regarding being a windows insider & reinstalation and ....

2 Questions regarding being a windows insider & reinstalation and ....: Hello ive wanted to do a fresh reinstall of windows 10 on my pc but i am a windows insider how can i proceed with it? Also i have 2 Hard drives in my pc. One is for systems and the other is for files, its there a way to intall windows 10 on my primary hard drive from my...
  10. questions about reinstalling windows 10

questions about reinstalling windows 10: so i want to reinstall windows 10due to some problems , i have some questions regarding data loss eetc i want to reinstall without losing any data , i have games , musics , pictures , videos and many other things , and i dont want to lose them , is it possible to reinstall...