Windows 10: Some questions about reinstalling

Discus and support Some questions about reinstalling in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to reinstall Windows 10. I am using now 1803, but had a lot of problems when I upgraded to 1809 (2 times), so and I restored it to 1803. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ineuw, Jan 31, 2019.

1. ineuw Win User

Some questions about reinstalling

I want to reinstall Windows 10. I am using now 1803, but had a lot of problems when I upgraded to 1809 (2 times), so and I restored it to 1803.
    My question is if 1809 is stable as a fresh install? I have the 1809 and the 1803 live USBs. Should I install 1809 fresh, or 1803?
    Appreciate all relevant comments.

:)

ineuw, Jan 31, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Some questions about reinstalling :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jan 31, 2019
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Latest Version Malwarebytes Anti Exploit

*Thumbs

f14tomcat, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Some questions about reinstalling - Similar Threads - questions reinstalling

2. OneDrive phone app uninstall/reinstall clarification question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive phone app uninstall/reinstall clarification question: First I apologize for this not being in the right thread. But I’m not sure where it should actually be located since it’s a Microsoft app. I use a phone not a PC with my OneDrive app. I accidentally deleted my OneDrive, can I reinstall and still have all my files since it’s...
  3. OneDrive phone app uninstall/reinstall clarification question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive phone app uninstall/reinstall clarification question: First I apologize for this not being in the right thread. But I’m not sure where it should actually be located since it’s a Microsoft app. I use a phone not a PC with my OneDrive app. I accidentally deleted my OneDrive, can I reinstall and still have all my files since it’s...
  4. OneDrive phone app uninstall/reinstall clarification question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I manually reinstall a touchpad driver on a laptop? +optional question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I manually reinstall a touchpad driver on a laptop? +optional question: My laptop model Dell Inspiron 5577 gaming and it has been giving me some trouble over the last few months following a half dozen Windows updates. My touchpad just suddenly disappeared from settings and is unusable, anytime I go to device manager and try to uninstall + restart...
  6. How do I manually reinstall a touchpad driver on a laptop? +optional question

How do I manually reinstall a touchpad driver on a laptop? +optional question: My laptop model Dell Inspiron 5577 gaming and it has been giving me some trouble over the last few months following a half dozen Windows updates. My touchpad just suddenly disappeared from settings and is unusable, anytime I go to device manager and try to uninstall + restart...
  7. How do I manually reinstall a touchpad driver on a laptop? +optional question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. 2 Questions - 1-reinstall Realtek Audio Manger -- 2-Increase width size of scrollbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Questions - 1-reinstall Realtek Audio Manger -- 2-Increase width size of scrollbar: I have a couple of questions -1 - Can I reinstall Realtek audio manager in my upgraded Windows 10 to windows 11? Because the volume when playing a movie DVD is really bad. The sound effects are loud and when the characters in the movie are talking the volume goes down. When...
  9. 2 Questions - 1-reinstall Realtek Audio Manger -- 2-Increase width size of scrollbar

2 Questions - 1-reinstall Realtek Audio Manger -- 2-Increase width size of scrollbar: I have a couple of questions -1 - Can I reinstall Realtek audio manager in my upgraded Windows 10 to windows 11? Because the volume when playing a movie DVD is really bad. The sound effects are loud and when the characters in the movie are talking the volume goes down. When...
  10. Question about reinstalling windows.

Question about reinstalling windows.: My daughter unknowingly updated to Windows 11 on her laptop over 10 days ago. The computer runs so slow, lags so much, that its pretty much unusable. Wondering how we can download a copy of Windows 10, the licensed copy we paid for when the computer was purchased? Since it...