Windows 10: Some questions about reset my pc.

Discus and support Some questions about reset my pc. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Im havent problems with my computer and im thinking about resetting it and choose the keep my files option.what exactly will this remove?if i have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mpham258, Dec 22, 2015.

1. mpham258 Win User

Some questions about reset my pc.

Im havent problems with my computer and im thinking about resetting it and choose the keep my files option.what exactly will this remove?if i have a game in my computer,will it remove it?pls be specific when answering this because i dont know much about computers.

:)

mpham258, Dec 22, 2015

2. Question about resetting my PC

It should only wipe C if you don't specify more than that. However I would not take the chance that your data on D would be wiped, so either unplug it or back up the data now - which it should be anyway, since a hard drive can also die at any time so
    not backing up data values it at zero.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Dec 22, 2015
  3. Question about resetting my PC

so does the reset wipe only disc C or disc D too?

albertyong, Dec 22, 2015
  4. Some questions about reset my pc.

Resetting would do this:

• All your personal files and apps will be removed.
    • All user accounts will be removed.
    • Your PC settings will be changed back to their defaults.
    • If you have more than one drive (partition) on the Windows disk, you will have the option to remove all files on only the Windows drive or all drives on the disk.
    As apps would be removed, the game would also be removed, provided if it is installed.
    You can read more about reset here:
    Reset Windows 10

Sumit Dhiman, Dec 22, 2015
  5. mpham258 Win User
    why does it remove my files if i chose the "keep my files" option?

mpham258, Dec 22, 2015
  6. If you choose keep my files, the files would not be removed.I suspect remove is choosen by default.

Sumit Dhiman, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Some questions about reset my pc.

1. Some questions about reset my pc. - Similar Threads - questions reset

2. Multi Question Factory Reset Says 10, When I Started On 11? BSOD ? Reset Again When It...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multi Question Factory Reset Says 10, When I Started On 11? BSOD ? Reset Again When It...: Hey Everyone, i have a few questions. I used to know a little about PCs, but its been years since i worked on one so im sure im outdated, so i wanted tk ask a few questions in order to verify or confer. Sorry that it is sooooo long, but ive been troubleshooting solo and with...
  3. Multi Question Factory Reset Says 10, When I Started On 11? BSOD ? Reset Again When It...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multi Question Factory Reset Says 10, When I Started On 11? BSOD ? Reset Again When It...: Hey Everyone, i have a few questions. I used to know a little about PCs, but its been years since i worked on one so im sure im outdated, so i wanted tk ask a few questions in order to verify or confer. Sorry that it is sooooo long, but ive been troubleshooting solo and with...
  4. How do I reset the password for my computer if I don't know the security questions and the...

How do I reset the password for my computer if I don't know the security questions and the...: I don't have either the password for the computer or the security questions and the account on the computer is set as a admin so I can't reset it in the admin settings...
  5. How do I reset the password for my computer if I don't know the security questions and the...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I reset the password for my computer if I don't know the security questions and the...: I don't have either the password for the computer or the security questions and the account on the computer is set as a admin so I can't reset it in the admin settings...
  6. How do I reset the password for my computer if I don't know the security questions and the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. How to reset forgotten account security questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset forgotten account security questions: How to reset forgotten account security questions * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-forgotten-account-security-questions/8da14bdc-0f6a-4958-932c-0e15bc577f8e
  8. How to reset forgotten account security questions

How to reset forgotten account security questions: How to reset forgotten account security questions * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-forgotten-account-security-questions/8da14bdc-0f6a-4958-932c-0e15bc577f8e
  9. How to change the password reset question in windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the password reset question in windows?: how to change the password reset question in windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-password-reset-question-in/6e0ffbc0-2274-4937-80bc-92decd019228
  10. How to change the password reset question in windows?

How to change the password reset question in windows?: how to change the password reset question in windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-password-reset-question-in/6e0ffbc0-2274-4937-80bc-92decd019228