Windows 10: Some scanned documents not visible in Public folders

Discus and support Some scanned documents not visible in Public folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Both my wife and I have administrator accounts on our PC. If my wife scans a document and saves the file in the Public Documents folder, both she and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by curt jugg, Sep 16, 2020.

1. curt jugg Win User

Some scanned documents not visible in Public folders

Both my wife and I have administrator accounts on our PC. If my wife scans a document and saves the file in the Public Documents folder, both she and I can read it. If I scan a document and save the file in the Public Documents folder, only I can read it. I thought that all documents in the Public folders were accessible by anyone with an account on that computer, but this is clearly not the case, as this example proves.

On looking at Advanced Security Settings on the scan I created, the Principals are shown as SYSTEM, Administrators, and myself, and at the bottom of the screen Enable inheritance is shown. On looking at those same settings on the scan my wife has created, the Principals are shown as SYSTEM, Administrators, my wife, and myself, and at the bottom of the screen Disable inheritance is shown.

I hope that this information may be enough for someone to be able to suggest a way of putting this right. Grateful for any suggestions.

Windows version 1909

:)

curt jugg, Sep 16, 2020
  2. curt jugg Win User

Can't open scanned document in Public Documents folder

My wife and I have administrator accounts on the same computer. I recently scanned a document and saved the scan in the Public Documents folder ( I have public folder sharing turned on). I can open the scanned document without a problem but when my wife tries to open it she receives the following comment: "It appears that you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again." When I email the scanned document to her she can open it in the normal way. Is this normal or could it be something to do with the recent April update? Grateful for any advice.

curt jugg, Sep 16, 2020
  3. cannot find public documents folder in Windows 10

Good day,

On Windows Explorer in Windows 7, the 'Public Documents' folder is listed under 'Libraries\Documents'. The 'Public Documents' folder is not listed at all on the Navigation column in Windows 10.

Is there a way to configure in Windows 10 to show Public Documents folder in the navigation column?

Thank you.

ganwilliam, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Some scanned documents not visible in Public folders

Scanned Documents File not visible

Hi. My Scanned Documents file is not visible. Scanned Documents are being scanned into that location. And I can see the file along with the scanned documents in the pop up window once the documents are scanned but once I close that window I can no longer
    see it. I know the Scanned Document file location is located in my Documents File but it is invisible. Only way I can see this file location is to either scan a new document so that the Window pops up again or type the file location directly into the file
    explorer address bar but this is a pretty tedious method. I've any suggestions?

brianholt3, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Some scanned documents not visible in Public folders

1. Some scanned documents not visible in Public folders - Similar Threads - scanned documents visible

2. SOME pictures not visible in folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SOME pictures not visible in folders: RANDOM pictures not visible in folder.YES I have checked and unchecked EVERY box suggested in EVERY other thread.also MS, it's soooo helpful when every thread is closednew Lenovo flex, copied files from older Lenovo flex both windows 10SOMETIMES if I rename file it becomes...
  3. SOME pictures not visible in folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SOME pictures not visible in folders: RANDOM pictures not visible in folder.YES I have checked and unchecked EVERY box suggested in EVERY other thread.also MS, it's soooo helpful when every thread is closednew Lenovo flex, copied files from older Lenovo flex both windows 10SOMETIMES if I rename file it becomes...
  4. SOME pictures not visible in folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Public documents folder changed with version 2004

Public documents folder changed with version 2004: Up till last week my Public\Documents folder was stored on D an HDD; C is a smaller SSD drive. With the update to 2004 this seems to have changed. If I now look under Libraries / Documents, the location is shown as C used to be D. I cannot change it. Properties does show...
  6. c:\users\public\public documents\xxxxx

c:\users\public\public documents\xxxxx: when running a .bat file with the following script, the copy fails. --- robocopy "c:\users\public\public documents\foldername" "e:\copyfolder" /mir /eta /r:1 /w:1 /log:c:\robolog\logfile.txt However, when running the same script with 'public documents' changed to...
  7. Scanned Documents File not visible

Scanned Documents File not visible: Hi. My Scanned Documents file is not visible. Scanned Documents are being scanned into that location. And I can see the file along with the documents in the pop up window once the documents are scanned but once I close that window I can no longer see it. Only way I can...
  8. File exploer - why multiple public and documents folders

in Windows 10 Support
    File exploer - why multiple public and documents folders: [img] This is my file explorer tree. First question is, why is there a public folder under the PC name, and another one under Users. I think this was the same in Win 7. They are not the same folder. It's confusing to have multiple public folders. Can I just delete...
  9. Can't open scanned document in Public Documents folder

Can't open scanned document in Public Documents folder: My wife and I have administrator accounts on the same computer. I recently scanned a document and saved the scan in the Public Documents folder ( I have public folder sharing turned on). I can open the scanned document without a problem but when my wife tries to open it she...
  10. "Public" folders content visibility for other users?

in Windows 10 Support
    "Public" folders content visibility for other users?: In Windows 7 every user inherited content of "Public" user folders such as Images/Music/Video. Now I don't see "Public" content in my user folders anymore. What could be done to unlock this functionality? 25868