Windows 10: Some services can't start even if i try to start them manually

Discus and support Some services can't start even if i try to start them manually in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; some services I use don't start automatically and when I try to start them manually I run into unexpected end , meaning they do not start at all, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by matovu joel clinton, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Some services can't start even if i try to start them manually

some services I use don't start automatically and when I try to start them manually I run into unexpected end , meaning they do not start at all, I need help on that please, what should I do?

:)

matovu joel clinton, Apr 26, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Wireless Zero Configuration service doesn't start automatically

I've had this happen from time to time. For me it has always been caused by the OEM's wifi manager software they install on the laptop. It doesn't even have to be separate software, a lot of them bundle it with the driver for the wifi card, so you don't have a choice on installing it.

In cases where I can't track down the cause I just create a bat file to start the service and drop it in Startup, then set the service to always restart if it stops. I also put a shortcut to the bat on the desktop just in case I have to start it manual, I can just double click it from there and the service starts without the hassle of going through all those steps to get into the menu to start the service.

Just create a bat file and put this line in it:

Code: net start "Wireless Zero Configuration"[/quote]

newtekie1, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Difference between the Manual and Manual (trigger start) services

Hi Balubeto.

Greetings from the distant future.

I'm not sure why the other user was being so difficult in answering your question.

"Manual" and "Manual (Triggered)" are the same mode, but windows 7, 8 and 10 have added features to the "Manual" mode, namely the ability to add very specific triggers which will start a service which ordinarily would not start by themselves. An example of this is the Bluetooth service on a laptop, where the BT handling service only starts when a device tries to connect to the BT radio.

If your service says "Manual (Triggered)" it means that there is one or more triggers enabled. To look deeper into this, first find the service name:

Open up services (By opening the "Run" dialog and typing "Services.msc"

Locate the service in the list, right-click on it and click "Properties". The Service Name is displayed under the "General" tab. For example, my Bluetooth Device Handler service is called "bthserv"

To find out what these triggers are, open the start menu and type "cmd". Rightclick on the "Command Prompt" list item and select "Run As Administrator"

At the command prompt, type:

sc qtriggerinfo bthserv (obviously replace "bthserv" with the name of your service)

All the triggers for that service will be shown below. To find out more about them, you might need to google or ask about for them individually.

To delete (and please, make sure you understand what you're changing here BEFORE you change it) the triggers for a service, type:

sc triggerinfo bthserv delete (again, replacing bthserv with your service name)

Restart the computer and check the service again using "sc qtriggerinfo". There will no longer be any triggers listed. If you check the service in services.msc, you'll see it now says "Manual" instead of "Manual(Triggered)"

SC is the service config command, QTRIGGERINFO is the Query Trigger Information command. TRIGGERINFO is the command to actually modify the triggers.

To show all SC commands and what else you can do with this, just type SC and press enter. Again, please use great care when modifying services, and if you aren't sure of the outcome, keep reading about it until you do. It's also best to leave these alone unless you have a very specific reason for removing the triggers.

UnmetPlayer, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Some services can't start even if i try to start them manually

Wireless Zero Configuration service doesn't start automatically

On this ancient laptop I need to have this service running in order to connect to the internet. However it doesn't start automatically, I have to manually right-click My Computer, select Manage, Services.. etc.. Every time..

I have the service to start 'automatically'. The other options are to 'disable' the service or make it 'manual'.

Why isn't it starting automatically and what can I do?

The OS is XP x86.

Black Panther, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

Some services can't start even if i try to start them manually

1. Some services can't start even if i try to start them manually - Similar Threads - services can't start

2. cannot manually start a backup even though I press "backup now"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot manually start a backup even though I press "backup now": Computer sounds like it is backing up, but when I checked after a few hours, it had not backed up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-manually-start-a-backup-even-though-i-press/797af08a-17fa-4f90-96ec-a05463aec5d0
  3. Windows Installer Service Auto Starts even though its set to "Manual"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Installer Service Auto Starts even though its set to "Manual": Hello,So I was looking at my task manager as I always do when I start my PC and today I saw something unusual. Now, it may have always been there and that I didn't notice it earlier but Windows Installer Service is running in the background not as a system process but as a...
  4. Windows Installer Service Auto Starts even though its set to "Manual"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Installer Service Auto Starts even though its set to "Manual": Hello,So I was looking at my task manager as I always do when I start my PC and today I saw something unusual. Now, it may have always been there and that I didn't notice it earlier but Windows Installer Service is running in the background not as a system process but as a...
  5. Windows Installer Service Auto Starts even though its set to "Manual"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. I can't start "windows security service"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't start "windows security service": I can't start "windows security service" from "services" app. Please help ... [ATTACH]services" app.please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-cant-start-windows-security-service/dbb058ce-5f87-4727-8579-9ac66ba4c46c
  7. What does Automatic (Trigger Start) and Manual (Trigger Start) mean for Windows Services

in Windows 10 News
    What does Automatic (Trigger Start) and Manual (Trigger Start) mean for Windows Services: [ATTACH]Windows Services are types of programs that can run by themselves in the background or when an event can trigger it to start and stop. […] This article What does Automatic (Trigger Start) and Manual (Trigger Start) mean for Windows Services first appeared on...
  8. Some apps don't load both on Windows start as well as manually trying to start them

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some apps don't load both on Windows start as well as manually trying to start them: Hi, Apologies if this is in the wrong category as I couldn't find one I felt was specific to my problem, so I've posted in performance and system failures. I have a problem when trying to run some apps. Using Microsoft's own Process Explorer in place of Task Manager I...
  9. Some windows services are disabled after reboot and even if I change it to automatic/manual...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some windows services are disabled after reboot and even if I change it to automatic/manual...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/12312_12312 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e9qerz/some_windows_services_are_disabled_after_reboot/
  10. Difference between the Manual and Manual (trigger start) services

in Windows 10 Support
    Difference between the Manual and Manual (trigger start) services: Hi I noticed that some services of Windows 10 Preview although I set them on Manual, they are automatically set to "Manual (trigger start". Why? What is the difference between these two startup modes? Lastly, with these services, how do I set them to the first startup...