Windows 10: Some settings are managed by your organization message

Discus and support Some settings are managed by your organization message in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I hope I am putting this in the correct area. Recently upgraded to Version 20H2 . I decided to check where I was at with update deferring times, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Exfso, May 10, 2021.

1. Exfso Win User

Some settings are managed by your organization message

I hope I am putting this in the correct area. Recently upgraded to Version 20H2 . I decided to check where I was at with update deferring times, and find this message which effectively stops me from doing any update deferring. Attached screen shots which may show what is happening. Any help much appreciated because as it stands I am at the mercy of Microsoft with updates and I do not like that idea.

:)

Exfso, May 10, 2021

2. "Some settings are managed by your organization"

I'm trying to enable app notifications, but the slider is grayed out, with a message at the top of the settings pane saying "Some settings are managed by your organization."

• I am not a member of any domain or network
    • The issue has persisted between an antivirus replacement and each of those antivirus programs being disabled
    • I've already tried setting telemetry to "enhanced" and to "full," as many people have suggested, but to no effect.
    • I also do not have the Group Policy Editor, as I am on Home edition, so I am unable to perform any of the fixes through that method.

What do I do?

HyperText404, May 10, 2021
  3. "Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization"

Thank you for the link. I was able to set my Diagnostics Data to Full by using gpedit.msc. But I still am not able to get rid of "Some settings are hidden or managed bu your organization."

Any advise?

SherryMalik, May 10, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization

Welcome to TenForums @alhasan

The message "some settings are hidden or managed by your organization" means that some registry settings have been added/modified, either by editing the registry or through gpedit. Finding exactly where can be difficult. One way that can help is to open gpedit, in the left hand pane select 'Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates' then from the Action menu select 'Filter Options...'. Set 'Configured' to Yes and only those policies that are configured will be listed.

Some settings are managed by your organization message [​IMG]

If you find a relevant policy, you need to set it to 'Not Configured' to remove the "some settings are managed...." message and the restrictions. If you don't find anything under Computer Configuration, look under User Configuration.

Thema:

1. Some settings are managed by your organization message - Similar Threads - settings are managed

2. Some settings are managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some settings are managed by your organization: I did a clean install yesterday , when I check for updates it shows the error above, while checking for updates, I am not a member of organization, how can i remove it that pop up?...
  3. Some Of these setting are managed by your organizer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Of these setting are managed by your organizer: Some Of these setting are managed by your organizerin lock screen setting and on lock screen it is comming directly not showing wallaper and facts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-these-setting-are-managed-by-your/ee9810b5-fc18-4a77-b122-b3e22f3c0320
  4. Some Setting are managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Setting are managed by your organization: Hello, I've been facing this problem where multiple settings are disabled as windows says "some settings are managed by your organization". This is odd as I haven't signed into windows using my work/school account only and specifically into microsoft teams. While signing in I...
  5. "Some settings are managed by your organization"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Some settings are managed by your organization": [ATTACH] Please someone help me I can NOT figure out how to solve this, I can't modify my update settings and I'm so tired of PC force restarting in the middle of games at midnight and waking up to update when asleep at 6 am. Regedits don;t work, privacy settings don't...
  6. Message in Setting: "Some settings are managed by your organization"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Message in Setting: "Some settings are managed by your organization": Message in Setting: "Some settings are managed by your organization" Hello. So, in the settings, at accounts there is an messege: "Some settings are maneged by your organization". And I can't sign-in with my Microsoft acount. This is my personal computer and i'm not working...
  7. Message in Setting: "Some settings are managed by your organization"

Message in Setting: "Some settings are managed by your organization": Hello. So, in the settings, at accounts there is an messege: "Some settings are maneged by your organization". And I can't sign-in with my Microsoft acount. This is my personal computer and i'm not working on it and also I do not own an organization. More Details: System:...
  8. Some Settings Are Managed By Your Organization

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Some Settings Are Managed By Your Organization: Guys, please help. I can't find the solution anywhere. All of the common ones that pop up when I search for a solution like going into Group policy editor and to windows updates are not working... I've also lost the ability to play sound on my computer, it won't recognize...
  9. *Some settings are managed by your organization

*Some settings are managed by your organization: I just upgraded my home computer from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro and under the settings in Windows Update, there is text stating what the title says. Why is it saying that and is there anyway to get rid of it? [ATTACH]...
  10. *some settings are hidden or managed by your organization* message

*some settings are hidden or managed by your organization* message: I have a problem with changing settings on my laptop. it prompts a message that some settings are hidden or managed by my organization. which doesn't allow me to change settings like lockscreen background. my laptop is running Windows 10 Home, version 1803. I got...