Windows 10: Some settings are managed by your system administrator even though I am administrator

Discus and support Some settings are managed by your system administrator even though I am administrator in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I am using Windows 10 2021.01.22 build and I have recently noticed but I don't know when this issue appeared that all my power options are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ClémentGarrigou, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Some settings are managed by your system administrator even though I am administrator

Hello,

I am using Windows 10 2021.01.22 build and I have recently noticed but I don't know when this issue appeared that all my power options are grayed out. Everything from changing current power plan to advanced power settings. And a message shows up in the top of power options settings "Some settings are managed by your system administrator". However, I am the only user and administrator on this PC. Moreover, I didn't connect it to any domain or professional account. A couple of months ago I had no issue.

Note : I still have all my administrator privileges on other apps and I can change other windows settings that require Administrator permission like Drivers.

Do you think this is this due to the fact that I am using Windows Insiders Release Preview version ?

Thank you all for your answers

Clement

:)

ClémentGarrigou, Jan 23, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Network Administrator

General info --> Network administrator

You may be better off looking at the job descriptions for some of the businesses you wish to do the job for; as, some companies have varying duties and requirements.

This is a sample at Monster.com:
    Spoiler
    This is another sample from America's Job Exchange:

Spoiler

95Viper, Jan 23, 2021
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jan 23, 2021
  4. Snake05 Win User

Some settings are managed by your system administrator even though I am administrator

Boot into Windows as administrator

You set up the admin password when installing XP, but most the time people believe it is for their individual account and not the Administrator one. As for Vista, like stated before, the initial account created is an administrator account, and if necessary, you may need to right click certain programs to "Run as Administrator"

Snake05, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Some settings are managed by your system administrator even though I am administrator

1. Some settings are managed by your system administrator even though I am administrator - Similar Threads - settings are managed

2. "This setting is managed by your administrator" I am the administrator tho?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This setting is managed by your administrator" I am the administrator tho?: So, with microsoft defender for 3 months its been not working too well in terms of settings, it doesnt allow me to change a few settings and tamper protection says "This setting is managed by your administrator" Even tho i am the administrator?SpecsGeforce Nvidia RTX 3050...
  3. "This setting is managed by your administrator" I am the administrator tho?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "This setting is managed by your administrator" I am the administrator tho?: So, with microsoft defender for 3 months its been not working too well in terms of settings, it doesnt allow me to change a few settings and tamper protection says "This setting is managed by your administrator" Even tho i am the administrator?SpecsGeforce Nvidia RTX 3050...
  4. Some settings are managed by your administration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some settings are managed by your administration: Error above when I turn on the Realtime protection in my windows 10 computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-settings-are-managed-by-your-administration/6e01ea88-f762-4824-a74e-1bac06302ce9
  5. Some settings are managed by your administration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some settings are managed by your administration: Error above when I turn on the Realtime protection in my windows 10 computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-settings-are-managed-by-your-administration/6e01ea88-f762-4824-a74e-1bac06302ce9
  6. Some settings are managed by your administration

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. "This setting is managed by your administrator"... even though I am the admin and I built...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "This setting is managed by your administrator"... even though I am the admin and I built...: Basically I am trying to launch Company of Heroes 2 and it will not launch unless I turn off protection. However, I am prevented to do so because of this message and the option being grayed out. I have done some stuff in gpedit but it is not enough. I don't wish to do another...
  8. SOME SETTINGS ARE MANAGED BY YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SOME SETTINGS ARE MANAGED BY YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR: I had to reset my computer yesterday and now this won't let me sync my account, or change my diagnostic data setting to full (among other things). How do I change it? This is my home computer and is not managed by any organization....
  9. "some settings are managed by your system administrator"

in Windows 10 Support
    "some settings are managed by your system administrator": Hi, today i got a new m.2 ssd. After installing it i booted to my regular windows installation on another ssd, this is where the problems began. I tried to change my monitor resolution but the message in the title had appeared and my monitor settings are grayed out, a...
  10. Issue-"Some settings are managed by your system administrator"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue-"Some settings are managed by your system administrator": Issue-"Some settings are managed by your system administrator" Hello team, I am using Windows 10-64 bit(licensed copy) from last couple of years.I noticed my proxy is everytime automatically removed whenever i give a shut down/ restart or change in network by turning of...