Windows 10: Some shift or alt gr + key combinations don't work properly in some applications

Discus and support Some shift or alt gr + key combinations don't work properly in some applications in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I found recently that some keys don't behave as they should. I use a Spanish keyboard built in a laptop. Windows language is set to Spanish Spain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Victoriano Coronado, May 10, 2021.

1. Some shift or alt gr + key combinations don't work properly in some applications

Hi, I found recently that some keys don't behave as they should. I use a Spanish keyboard built in a laptop. Windows language is set to Spanish Spain and the keyboard is set to Spanish keyboard. The easiest way to check it is with the key ñ that works as it should. Now I will explain some things related to the problem: there is a key with ´ as the main character. That's the tilde we use in Spanish and when you press it it should hold that character and write the next letter with the tilde, so "shift + ´ " and then "a" write "á". If the next letter can't have a tilde it will show as " ´

:)

Victoriano Coronado, May 10, 2021

2. Alt Gr not working with the key R

Recently I started to work on a custom keyboard using MSKLC as a tool.

I am creating an IPA phonetics keyboard. To make the task easier I used as a base the built-in keyboard United States-International Keyboard, I changed most of the characters that come as default in the
    Alt Gr + key combination, all the combination key worked fine except R key (Alt Gr + R) it does not respond at all. I also used other key combination
    Alt + Gr + Shift +, here, the R key worked fine. Due to the problem, I decided to set the Unicode character that was causing the problem in another key combination and it worked. Since I couldn't fix the problem, I started
    from scratch but the problem continues.

I wonder if there is any solution to this problem if so, I thank whoever may concern, for his/her help, beforehand.

Jesus Buelna, May 10, 2021
  3. cellyme Win User
    ALT + GR not working as intended

Cannot type the "{" and "[" character. Which is typed by Holding down "ALT GR + 7" and "ALT GR + 8" Key.

However typing "7" and "8" individually is no problem.

Also typing "@" which is achieved by holding ALT GR + Q works just fine aswell. Meaning every single key works individually.

Funnily enough typing with the on Screen Keyboard works aswell for every other combination except for "ALT GR + 7" and "ALT GR + 8"

cellyme, May 10, 2021
  4. Some shift or alt gr + key combinations don't work properly in some applications

Windows 10 - ALT GR + number key combinations not working

You must turn on NumLock and use Alt+numbers instead of AltGr+numbers.

Frederik Long, May 10, 2021
Thema:

Some shift or alt gr + key combinations don't work properly in some applications

1. Some shift or alt gr + key combinations don't work properly in some applications - Similar Threads - shift alt key

2. ALT Combinations key for some combinations doesnt work for me in WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ALT Combinations key for some combinations doesnt work for me in WINDOWS 11: My ALT + Q , ALT + W , ALT + A , ALT + S , ALT + Z doesnt seem to work in windows 11, i have tried using my keyboard on another pc testing those combination and it works so clearly its not my keyboard, can anyone please help me with this problem ?, is there any default...
  3. Left Shift + Some keys don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left Shift + Some keys don't work: OS: Windows 11 Feature Update 21H2; Build No. 2200.318Device: Laptop - HP AC038TULeft Shift + C, V, M, and Z don't work.I uninstalled and reinstalled the keyboard driver but it didn't work. What should I do??Thank you in advance!...
  4. Left Shift + Some keys don't work

Left Shift + Some keys don't work: OS: Windows 11 Feature Update 21H2; Build No. 2200.318Device: Laptop - HP AC038TULeft Shift + C, V, M, and Z don't work.I uninstalled and reinstalled the keyboard driver but it didn't work. What should I do??Thank you in advance!...
  5. ALT GR not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALT GR not working properly: Hi everyone,I have been using a rapoo keyboard Bluetooth connection for 1.5 years. In order to write square brackets or @ I have to use alt gr + 2 or alt gr and some other combination for special characters. For 3 days, I can no longer do that as these combinations now...
  6. ALT GR not working properly

ALT GR not working properly: Hi everyone,I have been using a rapoo keyboard Bluetooth connection for 1.5 years. In order to write square brackets or @ I have to use alt gr + 2 or alt gr and some other combination for special characters. For 3 days, I can no longer do that as these combinations now...
  7. ALT GR not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Most key combinations with alt+shift not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Most key combinations with alt+shift not working: I have a really weird problem and now in homeoffice it's getting more annoying. I'm unable to do key combinations with alt+shift. The only thing I found for this was this...
  9. Some Shift key combinations stopped functioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some Shift key combinations stopped functioning: Hello everyone, I have a problem that has been bothering me for long enough, and I need some help. I've tried everything and searched the web to fix this at 100% with no success. A week or 2 ago, I noticied that my 'Windows' Key wasn't responding, and same thing with the...
  10. (Some) Ctrl+Shift+[key] combinations not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    (Some) Ctrl+Shift+[key] combinations not working.: As said in the title, some Ctrl+Shift+[key] combinations don't work in my system (kind of, actually). In Notepad++, the 'Save All' keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+S) doesn't work. In Visual Studio 2017, the 'Open Project/Solution...' (Ctrl+Shift+O) doesn't work either, the...