Windows 10: Some shortcut icons appear as blank pages

Discus and support Some shortcut icons appear as blank pages in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have mostly shortcuts to PowerPoint files on my desktop. When I create the shortcuts by right clicking on the file, selecting create a shortcut, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BogeymanIN, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Some shortcut icons appear as blank pages

I have mostly shortcuts to PowerPoint files on my desktop. When I create the shortcuts by right clicking on the file, selecting create a shortcut, and then dragging the shortcut onto the desktop, more often than not the shortcut icon on the desktop appears as just a blank sheet of "paper" with the shortcut arrow. Other times the shortcut icon looks like the first page of the presentation. Not a critical problem right now, but curious why this is happening and how I can fix it. Running Windows 10 and Office 365 with all updates on a Dell laptop. Thank you.

:)

BogeymanIN, Oct 19, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

Blank shortcut icon GPU-Z

It's not fixed, today my GPU-Z icon is a blank shortcut icon again..
    And it says GPU-Z.exe does not contain an icon

Some shortcut icons appear as blank pages gpu-z-blank-icon-jpg.jpg

P4-630, Oct 19, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User

Just installed the latest version of GPU-Z and I'm having that blank icon shortcut again...

P4-630, Oct 19, 2019
  4. Some shortcut icons appear as blank pages

I know I am quite late but as I was scrolling through I saw this post which happened to one of friend too. This sometimes happens with Windows. Usually a reboot will solve the problem. However if this doesn't, try setting the icon for the shortcut(right-click pinned icon, right-click program, left-click properties, select "change icon...") or refreshing it by switching to a different icon, applying it, and then reverting back to the original icon. Remove the shortcut from the taskbar and replace it with the start menu shortcut or simply drag the .exe file to the taskbar.

lorraine walsh, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

Some shortcut icons appear as blank pages

1. Some shortcut icons appear as blank pages - Similar Threads - shortcut icons appear

2. in front of all shortcut icon there is a blank page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in front of all shortcut icon there is a blank page: in front of all shortcut icon there is a blank page,only in shortcuts,if the file or program is on desktop the icon is ok as you can see on the attached image...
  3. in front of all shortcut icon there is a blank page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    in front of all shortcut icon there is a blank page: in front of all shortcut icon there is a blank page,only in shortcuts,if the file or program is on desktop the icon is ok as you can see on the attached image...
  4. some of my icons are blank

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    some of my icons are blank: my control panel,windows explorer,task manager and others icons are blank and my windows search bar isn't opening some files like cmd,services ext. ext https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-my-icons-are-blank/2e20a2f4-e2ba-45bc-bfc5-47dd318c7269
  5. some of my icons are blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some of my icons are blank: my control panel,windows explorer,task manager and others icons are blank and my windows search bar isn't opening some files like cmd,services ext. ext https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-my-icons-are-blank/2e20a2f4-e2ba-45bc-bfc5-47dd318c7269
  6. some of my icons are blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Some icons blank others not.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some icons blank others not.: [ATTACH] Some of my windows 10 store apps actually have icons, like Neon Abyss, Overcooked! 2, and Minecraft Dungeons. Others such as Clustertruck, Moving Out, and My Friend Pedro have no icon at all. I've tried to run DISM and sfc in command prompt, and neither fixed...
  8. Some desktop icons appear as a blank white file instead of its associated icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some desktop icons appear as a blank white file instead of its associated icon: I was having a problem with my Desktop Icons appearing as a blank white file instead of its associated icon as you can see below. Some icons are working normally and some don't. [ATTACH] While I was doing research about this issue, most solutions were mentioning how the...
  9. Blank Monitor, No Start Page,No Icons?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blank Monitor, No Start Page,No Icons?: Blank Monitor, No Start Page,No Icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-monitor-no-start-pageno-icons/e02122b1-e0ce-4480-a834-c985ad3b7589
  10. All my Icons/shortcuts Are Blank

in Windows 10 Support
    All my Icons/shortcuts Are Blank: for some reason all my Icons for everything but folders have gone blank I can't seem to get them back. As well as all my file and program associations have eather reset and ask me what programs I want to use a default and when I reassign them the next time I go to open a file...